It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is a death cult

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

YEah thats pauls opinion,but what does the bible say itself? And paul didnt realize it but if he treated people like you are to treat others he was doing works as well. So paul was a unwitting hypocrite.

Ever consider that God knew this kind of conversation would happen one day? SO that each person would find their own way?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I think there's good insight in the opening post, and in many of the posts I've read through in this topic. Christians claim they have "Christ in them," but most of them consider it heresy when someone says that Christ in them gives them a divine nature. This has pretty much been the case for 2,000 years. As opposed to living out their own divine nature, Christians have instead suppressed it as heresy.

This delves deeply into cosmic synchronicity, and the fact that the Church calls itself "the Body of Christ" (Paul's title) is representative of the fact that the Church itself has been entombed in darkness for 2,000 years (2 "days"), just as Christ's body was entombed in darkness for 2 days. The problem is that Christians are just as blind as anyone else, and still yet believe they can truly see while all others are blind and damned. This is by way of stubborn self delusion. (20,000 + Christian denominations all disagreeing with one another while using the same book should be sufficient proof of Christianity's blindness.)

There is a cosmic trixter behind all of this irony, and when one studies what the Bible really reveals, it becomes disconcerting to discover that we are all merely vessels in a simulated cosmic matrix/tomb.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
originally posted by: TombEscaper

TombEscaper:
I think there's good insight in the opening post, and in many of the posts I've read through in this topic. Christians claim they have "Christ in them," but most of them consider it heresy when someone says that Christ in them gives them a divine nature. This has pretty much been the case for 2,000 years. As opposed to living out their own divine nature, Christians have instead suppressed it as heresy.

That is ironic. God expresses himself through the human form so humans DO encompass somewhat, the 'divine' nature of God.

TombEscaper: There is a cosmic trixter behind all of this irony, and when one studies what the Bible really reveals, it becomes disconcerting to discover that we are all merely vessels in a simulated cosmic matrix/tomb.

Cosmic trickster has a unique sense of humor.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyTreason

The trickster aspect of it is actually a complex labyrinth of all sorts of paradoxes and contradictions, especially in the Bible. This is something that both critics AND Christians have not seen for 2,000 years. We are actually now at a point where mankind can free itself from its bondage if it will wake up and REALIZE that it has been in bondage.

This is why there is so much confusion about how long Jesus was actually in the tomb - 3 days and 3 nights, 2 days and 2 nights, or 1 and a half days and 2 nights (according to "Easter" tradition)? The fact is, this is left historically ambiguous to us because if mankind will collectively wake up ("resurrect") and realize that he is enslaved (entombed) in a Matrix, the human race can ascend to glory early in this third day/third millennium. If not, then most will continue to be entombed during the "Millennial Reign" of Revelation:

(Revelation 20:4-5) They came to life [those who awaken to the fact they have been entombed and "worshipping the beast"] and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.

The Church must lead the way in this, and it must first awaken to the fact that it has been blind and entombed, which will help to awaken the rest of the world. Whoever doesn't awaken and flee the tomb at this time will be forced to endure another thousand years (day) in the tomb, and miss out on the 1,000 year Kingdom of Christ.

This is presented as a riddle through Bible contradictions:

(Matthew 12:40) For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

(Mark 8:31) He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again.

(Luke 9:22) And he said, “The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.”

Was Jesus' body raised on the third day or after three days? That depends - will the Body of Christ awaken now, or will they be forced to miss His 1,000 year reign? How ironic is that? Those will miss out on their Lord's Kingdom are the very ones who believe they will be in it.

How many baths were in Solomon's sea?

(1 Kings 7:26) It was a handbreadth in thickness, and its rim was like the rim of a cup, like a lily blossom. It held two thousand baths.

(2 Chronicles 4:5) It was a handbreadth in thickness, and its rim was like the rim of a cup, like a lily blossom. It held three thousand baths.

Once again, the answer is not as important as whether or not the Church will now awaken after 2,000 years of blindness and entombment, or go for round 3. But of course, who wants to admit that they have been blind and entombed? Those who hope to reign with Christ is who.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

What does the bible say? Well Paul's words are part of the bible, so the bible says what Paul says.

That would mean the bible has hypocrisy in it and cannot be infallible, that also means the majority of Christianity's doctrine is based on the words of a hypocrite.
edit on 2/19/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What does the bible say? Well Paul's words are part of the bible, so the bible says what Paul says.

That would mean the bible has hypocrisy in it and cannot be infallible, that also means the majority of Christianity's doctrine is based on the words of a hypocrite.

I would say put Paul's missives in perspective (as warped power plays of his own twisted design) "I ALONE OWN WILL/DEFINE Christianity; forget Constantine. Road kill oratory.
edit on 19-2-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

i said UNWITTING HYPOCRITE as in HE DIDNT KNOW WORKS WERE BEING DONE BY HIM TREATING PEOPLE AS HE WANTED TO BE TREATED. i DID not say EVERYTHING did i? Also there is more in the bible than just paul. Also there are two completly different denominations in th e bible. OT was hebrew and the NT was gentiles. You sure you arent confusing them?

The bibles OT is a HISTORY to us GEntiles but to a jew/hebrew they are applcable. I sense you are getting irritated.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Romans 7
19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing.

Either Paul is lying about what he keeps doing or he doesn't know himself.

Romans 7
14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin.

Why do Christians look for spiritual advice from an unspiritual man?

I'm not irritated at all, more amused than anything. You sound irritated though.
edit on 2/20/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Romans 7
19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing.

Either Paul is lying about what he keeps doing or he doesn't know himself.

Romans 7
14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin.

Why do Christians look for spiritual advice from an unspiritual man?

I'm not irritated at all, more amused than anything. You sound irritated though.

Well not irritated. I use caps for emphasis only not liek some do for yelling. lol. I posted late also is my reads are off at times. I wonder if paul was a section similiar to the jewish book the talmud? As in the paul sections are written in metaphore?

CAuse those quotes you post are non sensical sounding,so its got to have a diffrent meaning.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Or they're part of his deception. "Faith alone saves, so don't worry about doing what's right, it's impossible anyways." I don't think there can be any metaphorical meaning behind them, they mean what they say. If you find a suitable metaphor then I'll be the first one to admit I'm wrong though. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, if I do refuse to admit I'm wrong, I'm doing myself a disservice, which is what I think Christians do most of the time. They refuse to admit that they and their book are wrong.

But I'll have to commend you on admitting they're nonsensical, that's more than most Christians can say.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Faith alone does not save. Its only the Grace of God Jesus that saves people
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Or they're part of his deception. "Faith alone saves, so don't worry about doing what's right, it's impossible anyways." I don't think there can be any metaphorical meaning behind them, they mean what they say. If you find a suitable metaphor then I'll be the first one to admit I'm wrong though. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, if I do refuse to admit I'm wrong, I'm doing myself a disservice, which is what I think Christians do most of the time. They refuse to admit that they and their book are wrong.

But I'll have to commend you on admitting they're nonsensical, that's more than most Christians can say.

the poster above nails it i think. As for why it sounds nonsensical i think its intentional. as a trick to see if you are paying attention. just liek the talmud and its oppossing rabbis.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

So basically, you have found a loop-hole to justify what is said.

Nice.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

So basically, you have found a loop-hole to justify what is said.

Nice.

Ive been told i should be a lawyer. lol

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
originally posted by: yuppa

3NL1GHT3N3D1: So basically, you have found a loop-hole to justify what is said.
Nice.

yuppa: Ive been told i should be a lawyer. lol

Define the 'legal' definition of 'grace' (presidents set in any court of law God actually sits judgement upon). Jesus defended himself and apparently lost the argument (WHAT)?
edit on 20-2-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

What defense?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

What defense?

Jesus's self defense or if he had hypothetically hired a dream team: Jerry Spence, Johnny Cochran, Daniel Webster? (please say both).
edit on 20-2-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

What defense?

Jesus's self defense or if he had hypothetically hired a dream team: Jerry Spence, Johnny Cochran, Daniel Webster? (please say both).

He had no self defense. he admitted to everything he did if i remember. He wanted to be executed though.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It hurts to see the followers of Christ being placed in this context.

Reflecting back on my own journey, I've rewrote the message I've tried to give you more then a few times.

Unfortunately, I'm hitting a barrier trying to get this understanding across without appearing judgmental.I have questions when it comes to sharing my pain, preferring to practice taking the high road in remembrance of the difficult lessons along the path.Action means more to me then words, I refuse to sit back idly and watch others fall.

Look, I searched everywhere trying to find the understanding that healed the hole in my heart.My family tried to raise me Catholic.In that faith, there is a sacrament called Confirmation. Naive of me in my early adolescents, I looked forward to receiving this gift, with the hope life would be different.Sincerely I hoped for a deeper understanding of Christ, and a closer relationship to the Almighty.

Nothing appeared to change.

I lost faith in our church.

Look, I knew there must be something to religion.Faiths of all kinds, the artwork and structures dedicated to God everywhere, and the genuine love I encountered from all my loved ones forced me to start looking.Looking everywhere.Everywhere I could imagine for the answers to this mystery.

How could God, appear to touch all the lives of these peoples, throughout the world everywhere, in all different forms and times and there not be a deeper truth standing behind it?Why would he leave me behind?

It was easier for me to point the finger, at our church, and our faith, then for me to accept that something I wasn't ready for...

In my youth, I was the kind of individual who would only do the right thing when I thought somebody was watching.In a dog eat dog world, I felt someone only got ahead at another's expense.My yearning for the truth turned from depression, and melancholy to rage.I wanted to see the world burn, how could he love them, and not me?

I looked at our church with growing suspicion and blamed everyone I could grasp.Paul was an easy scapegoat.

What did he know?Not what I saw.

It took 14 years of exploring the deepest parts of my being, and battling everyone who cared enough to point me to the doors of the temple, then to understand where he was coming from.How bittersweet!

The scriptures have been tossed around in this thread, and others who understand have tried to share the best of what they have to bring to the table.It's painful to watch, and it reminds me of what the Pharisees used to do.Please forgive the youth in their faith who have hurt others, the message that Jesus Christ brought us isn't for everyone.

Youth betrays one's understanding at times and it's often easier cut out a piece of your own heart, then admit what is blinding us to seeing our own reflection in anothers eyes.What the scriptures record about Christ's resurrection hold water, but the teacher only appears when the student is ready.

There is a way this all makes sense, but one can't expect another to understand without being able to walk in their footsteps or grant them the benefit of the doubt.It shouldn't take going through hell to get to heaven, though love conquers all.

Aren't deep sympathy and empathy a part of enlightenment?Aren't these qualities hallmarks of a human being?

We can toss scripture around, until the end of time, but unless you can relate personally and share in the deeper understanding, they are just dead words on a page.

edit on 21-2-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammer

edit on 21-2-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammer

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Personal relationship with Jesus is available to all. You just have to humble yourself and ask him to save you.
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join