It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is a death cult

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
Jesus Lives!!!

maybe you meant Christianity is a life cult???

Jesus defeated death itself, Ya man it's a life thing see???

jesus is supposedly the way to heaven, but death is the way to jesus.

if you have to die before you can collect your holy retirement, thats a death cult.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

So what makes you think Christianity, the most popular religion in the world, is any different? When was the last president who wasn't Christian in office? You'll have to look back a ways.

Religion is a political tool, which is why the political hierarchy of Rome legalized Christianity. It is an illusion to herd people in a certain direction, making their vote more about personal belief than the greater good.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Jesus Lives!!!

maybe you meant Christianity is a life cult???

Jesus defeated death itself, Ya man it's a life thing see???

jesus is supposedly the way to heaven, but death is the way to jesus.

if you have to die before you can collect your holy retirement, thats a death cult.

You do know having faith there is something after death isnt worshipping or wanting to die right? Were not suppossed to want to die,but we dont know when we will so you live each day as your last. Seems thats how you LIVE. if it was just about dying then christianity would already be dead woudnt it?

DEath is the way out for us ALL though cause no one gets out alive. ALso Whats th e definition of a cult? Normally its being forced to do something right? No one forces christians to do anything its all up to you.

One more thing. Arent people who are religious and follow the moral in the 10 commandments generally good people? You should answer that question if you answer anything.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Here is how many presidents were not christians.

Wikipedia lists four presidents as Deists and two as "no religious affiliation" (Lincoln and A. Johnson. Johnson described his religion as being of the Bible, so I would count him as Christian. Lincoln was admittedly Deist for a number of years, so I'd categorize him with the non-Christians) There's also four Unitarians, but at that time Unitarians considered themselves Christians, even though we'd be hard pressed to categorize them as such today 9they generally denied the divinity of Jesus) Based on that, I'd say 5 (the five deists - Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe and Lincoln), with the acknowledgement that all had some official Christian affiliation at some point in their life, with the 4 Unitarians being what they are (Adams, Adams, Fillmore, Taft)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

So 5 presidents out of 44 didn't claim to be associated with Christianity in any way, and all 5 came very early in the list of presidents.

Look what our overwhelmingly Christian nation (as far as leaders go) has turned into. A war mongering, tyrannical institution.

Is it any wonder Jesus says wars and rumors of wars are to take place before he comes back? Maybe that has facilitated our war-mongering, overwhelmingly Christian political system. Christians believe war is necessary for Jesus' return, so they have been complacent about their Christian presidents waging nearly perpetual war for as long as we can remember.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Yet death brings you everlasting life. To say you don't want to die is to say you don't want everlasting life.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Seeing as you have to die to live forever which is the end goal it's a religion of life everlasting...

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
but do I worship DEATH? Specifically death. Remember DEATH i s thrown into the lake of fire right? SO for this to be true DEATH is a actual being correct? How can DEATH bring someone everlasting life? It cant. Its not in charge of the show. God is though.

No not wanting to die is not that which you say i dont want. Living is fun and its a great way to experience the world right? SO why would you want to give up so soon for?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Really Christianity was on the rise prior to Rome creating a christian state religion and acculturating christian beliefs. Rome always had a state religion so this was just a continuation. However the need to do so would not have come about had converts not been on the rise. It is not the other way around despite revisionist ideas that say contrary. As mentioned previously the Church was not entirely centered in Rome there were other branches and when corruption began to encroach those groups split from Rome and even more so during the reformation later on.

Again to get back on topic show me a religion that has no emphasis on death? Since religion is about ideas pertaining to life and death if one is a "death cult" (truly a misnomer) then wouldn't they all be? Perhaps OP should define what he means with the term death cult. As it stands to acknowledge the death of Christ somehow places one in a death cult. Christians do not worship Christ because he died they worship him because they believe he is God in the flesh and so he transcends life and death. His overcoming his death through resurrection is simply a sign of his divinity to Christians.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Perhaps OP should define what he means with the term death cult.

Perhaps you should read the OP and then maybe read the thread, because the term "Death Cult" as it relates to Christian practice and doctrine has been defined, over and over in the last 23 pages. Obtusely refusing to hear, see or acknowledge that is par for the Christians course.

edit on 17-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Seeing as you have to die to live forever

well, that sounds reasonable - wait a minute...

edit on 17-2-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

"Jesus died for my sins."

Without the DEATH of a man, your belief would have nothing to stand on. Without the DEATH of a man, you wouldn't be saved. Without his DEATH, Jesus would have accomplished nothing.

Yes, Christians praise the DEATH of a man through suffering and torture, because without that DEATH, they wouldn't have been given salvation. Salvation only comes after DEATH, and this life doesn't matter other than a means to reach DEATH and THEN eternal life. DEATH comes before true life to a Christian, so you look forward to DEATH.

DEATH cult. All emphasis is put on the DEATH of a man, not the life he lived beforehand. Just because you say you worship life doesn't change the fact that DEATH is the sole reason you were given life in the first place. You worship/praise a man's DEATH, that is the definition of a DEATH cult.

This has been explained so many times now, yet you continue to be intellectually dishonest.
edit on 2/17/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

Seeing as you have to die to live forever which is the end goal it's a religion of life everlasting...

You chose to live in the material; you will drop that vessel and return to what is the more 'reasonable' eternal existence. I suppose you die to come into this understanding (which you knew in the first place) you forgot when incarnating.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

wait isnt it when someone dies for you we call it heroic these days? Dont we celebrate their life because without them we would be dead if they had not saved us?

That is how Some of us think Of Jesus and his sacrifice. Were not supossed to dwell on his death. were not to live for dying. we are to live the life we are given when we are born respecting others and ourselves and loving one another. That dont strike me as a death cult. Who WANTS to die As fast as possible liek that?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Their death isn't what made them heroic, what they did while alive is. The difference is, when someone takes a bullet for you, you don't wear that bullet around your neck as a memento, you don't carry around a picture of their dead and bloody body then feel joy when looking at it.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Yuppa,

I can appreciate that your faith is such that you don't focus on the end of your life, or preach the fear of death to others, as you have accepted the salvation you have faith in, and are therefore able live your life like everyday is the first day of the rest of your life.

But, for the sake of open-mindedness, to see the other side of the coin, try looking at some of the Christian posts here on ATS through the lens we, who are arguing that Christianity tends to emphasize death, look through.

Here's an example that sticks out to me as a person who is focused on death.

Through Jesus, we can live holy lives, and loose the barrier between us and God that sin provides. This is the baptism of death that Paul spoke of. Through faith in the fulfillment of God's promise, we take our sins and the things of the world we love, and we give them all to Jesus because HE alone conquered death. We cannot do this in ourselves, we can only do this now that we have invited Jesus into our heart as Lord and Savior and can only become those who overcome sin with HIM, by partaking in his death in spirit. To live HIS life, we must now die HIS death..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you see what I see here?

Once you see it, you can't unsee it!

edit on 17-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Who feels joy at a man on a cross? That dont elict a joyous reaction from me and for those it does they got soem serious issues. If anything seeing a person on a cross disturbs me. And if someone sees jesus that way they really need a re think.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I think i see where ya coming from. Some people try to BE Jesus and imitate his individual way,but in doing so they are not doing it the right way right? How arogant do you have to be to even type such a thing? Yes that was a good example of how some take things into cult territory.

Of course any religon can go into that territory shoot even ones of personality.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

that's where your wrong I remember full well choosing this based on what I wanted to experience in this test called life...

my soul and my body have the same appearance as does everyone else and it's only ever going to be mine...

Only they are in their perfected state when completed...

this does not take away from the TRUTH of God or the fact the WORD has always been it is he who gives you the choice when you have gone through the record upon leaving the guff of souls...

Spare me your arrogance assuming you know something I do not...

this is your only crack at existing in this reality you don't get another kick at the cat, nor will there be a need to...
You are being judged and you like many others are choosing to fool themselves or delight in a lie...

humble yourself...
edit on 17-2-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Too many I's

edit on 17-2-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Oops

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Pauls way is easy, it requires nothing but words... Jesus required action not just words

You should write an ebook starting with that sentence.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join