It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is a death cult

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Thank you Nochzwei , My last post may have come across a little harsh.

I just get worried, when I remember feeling the same way about Paul's writings.

I put myself through alot of blood, sweat, and tears before finding what I was looking for.

:brofist:

Peace

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

How does having faith in a afterlife sabotage what we do on earth? If anything it seems it would help you not feel hopeless that when you die everything you were ceases to be. As i f you never were even there. Also seems to me that it would free your mind up to pursue other things if you do not have that worry.

by making a commodity out of life for those who dont intend to fully live theirs. how does one make a commodity out of life? by convincing them that it is possible to live forever, but only through this contract...enter jesus. use basic pavlov techniques to get that dopamine pumping, slap a socially validating label on it, and your in business. we are a bunch of sheep waiting around to be exploited so that someone else may wear our acquiescence like a fine fur coat, be it god or the local priest. and dont forget the most important part - you have to die before you can collect your benefits! whereas they get to enjoy the combined luxuries of a thousand frightened fools desperately buying their way out of a poorly thought out lifestyle. why give out common sense for free when you can charge them to let you do their thinking? huehuehue...

And doing the right thiing before the reaper comes. Easy to do IF you knew when you were going to die i guess right?

thats the sort of question someone would ask if they were planning on balancing their morality like a checkbook. you want to wait until the last minute to pay your bills and make your dues. you can make more money, but you can't make more time, and thats why you have religion. for people who dont know how to spend theirs properly.

edit on 21-2-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

a reply to: vethumanbeing

What defense?

Jesus's self defense or if he had hypothetically hired a dream team: Jerry Spence, Johnny Cochran, Daniel Webster? (please say both).

He had no self defense. he admitted to everything he did if i remember. He wanted to be executed though.

Not sure he wanted that end (and admitted to NO THING); knew his destiny if anything (maybe thought God would save him before the brutality) IF IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED AT ALL. In both cases 'hypothetically' he was 'saved' from having to exist as in a mortal body and returned to the eternal existence he came from. I hope he has a good sense of humor. God either threw him a curve ball (carrying the burden of karmic correction for all of mankind, past/present/future) or God is Jesus in the flesh (as we all are) and experienced every excruciating moment of the mock trial and crucifixion (CRUCI-FICTION).
edit on 21-2-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Well you can find th erecords somewhere of executions that year. Romans always kept records if i remember correctly.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Well you can find th erecords somewhere of executions that year. Romans always kept records if i remember correctly.

Never thought of this; I can be the first; before anyone else in the 2000 years following this legal murder some random 'clerk of the court' may have absolutely documented the event and placed it within an archive describing the executions of that period and the crime committed (rabble rouser zealot). No one has thought to look before now; you might be onto something here, it could be big (has anyone discovered Jesus coinage minted, Constantine era).
edit on 21-2-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You make so much sense...you have stated what I am being spiritually led to know.

I was raised Catholic...I left home at the age of 18...and as soon as I left home; I left the Catholic Church.

The ritual of communion...drinking Christ's blood...eating his flesh...represented by wine and wafers...to me is like a Satanic ritual... Cannibalism...it isn't right.

I pay attention to what Jesus tried to teach us..."treat others as you would like to be treated"..."love your neighbor as yourself..."

Everyday we all have the chances to do those things...we can choose goodness or we can choose evil.

There are many roads to Heaven...but treating others with kindness and goodness...is one teaching that does not change.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

This is what happens when someone tries to distort Scripture to fit there own ideology rather than letting the whole interpret itself.

Worshiping a man's death and torture and believing that it was good is a very morbid thing. Jesus did not come to die for sins, he came to teach us the way to God, and that does not include his death at the hands of the Roman

Jesus came to die for sins. You have no idea what your talking about man. Your so lost.

John 15
10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love.

I have already mentioned this to you before, but Jesus says I am the way the truth and the life no one comes to the father but through me. He also said "5 I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing" in John 15 directly above the area where you try and say love is all that matters. You have said you have a different understanding of what it means . Please enlighten us....

If God is love then to love others is to know God, it really is as simple as that. Jesus echoes this sentiment in every word he speaks.

I believe if you combined the verse you pulled this from with "20For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.…"

People who love but don't acknowledge that God is love are without excuse when it comes to knowing about his existence.

Once again in the same chapter you pulled this idea from we find "

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him." Which clearly states that Jesus is the only way.

Now lets take a look at matthew 9:

12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

You don't seem to understand that Jesus's death is God's mercy on us.......Jesus is our reconciliation to a God....his death was the medicine for the sick.

27 “Now My soul has become troubled; and what shall I say, ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify Your name.” Then a voice came out of heaven: “I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.” 29 So the crowd of people who stood by and heard it were saying that it had thundered; others were saying, “An angel has spoken to Him.” 30 Jesus answered and said, “This voice has not come for My sake, but for your sakes. 31 Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. 32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.” 33 But He was saying this to indicate the kind of death by which He was to die.

Jesus clearly says hear "What shall I say Father, save me from this hour? But for this purpose I cam to this hour. Father, Glorify your name. Now cross reference this to when Jesus asked the father to take his cup.

39 He went on a little farther and bowed with his face to the ground, praying, "My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.

Jesus Knows there is no other way, but he shows that he fears the wrath that is about to be unleashed upon his body, yet if it be God's will he wants it to be done.

Then He prays again "

42 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done." Notice this time Jesus says that he is willing to drink(take on the punishment) that was to come.

You continue to play it down as though Jesus thought his death was a bad thing when he clearly says there is no greater form of love that to lay down ones life for his friends. If Jesus is God in the Flesh and that is the greatest sign of love doesn't it show how much God loves every soul? He died personally for every soul. That is love. YOu are diminishing that with your lies.

How is the God of the living their God when they are dead inside because of the sin that is within them?

You are dead until your born again...those who aren't born again haven't accepted the living God and therefore are dead..

Deuteronomy 4 16 so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman

Calling Jesus the Messiah has nothing to do with false idols which is what this is talking about....

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

You continue to play it down as though Jesus thought his death was a bad thing when he clearly says there is no greater form of love that to lay down ones life for his friends. If Jesus is God in the Flesh and that is the greatest sign of love doesn't it show how much God loves every soul? He died personally for every soul. That is love.

god killed himself to save everyone from himself, only to come back as himself to prove that he sacrificed himself to save everyone from himself, so everyone let him save them even though he apparently couldnt even save himself from a problem he saw coming thousands of years ago because omniscience and omnipotence evidently dont count for squat.

that is not love. that is piss poor business management and its no wonder his corporation is flagging in recent years. long live democracy.

edit on 1-3-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

god killed himself to save everyone from himself, only to come back as himself to prove that he sacrificed himself to save everyone from himself, so everyone let him save them even though he apparently couldnt even save himself from a problem he saw coming thousands of years ago because omniscience and omnipotence evidently dont count for squat.

There is a reason God had to make mercy a choice. Tell me how is a perfectly Just God to reconcile with rebellious creatures without diminishing perfect Mercy or Perfect Justice? God's answer was Jesus.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Tell me how is a perfectly Just God to reconcile with rebellious creatures without diminishing perfect Mercy or Perfect Justice? God's answer was Jesus.

kill an innocent man on behalf of all guilty men? then go on and destroy their souls anyway? thats perfect justice? naw, its just cheap. how do you like your new clothes mr emperor? optimism and coincidence. and a bit of dopamine. there is your "divine mercy". i thought the universe took care of me at one point in time, until i remembered all the women being beaten and and the children stavring in the streets. studies say one person dies every second. not enough medicine, not enough food, not enough manpower, not enough support, not enough guns and passion and addiction and hate. its a competition, all of it. its not enough to have enough. you need more. the latest, brightest, loudest, be it a lcd screen or automatic rifle. let me just say that we should all recognize a fixed game when we see one. a momentary rush of dopamine and a socially validating label. im just pointing out that the cover story kinda sucks. even for a fictional work, its plot could use some tweaking.

edit: and did i mention that the full benefits of "reconciliation" are only available after you die. a corpse cant sue for metaphysical compensation. hows that for life insurance.
edit on 2-3-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Jesus did not come to die for sins,

I would rather believe Jesus's words than yours.
Matt 26:28 - "Then he took a cup, gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you, for this is my blood of the covenant, which will be shed on behalf of many for the forgiveness of sins."

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyTreason
Christianity is the work of plagerism from much earlier Sumerian and Egyptain (among other) beliefs, myths, legends, folklure, and tall tales.

Not it's not. Your doing yourself a disservice by not looking at the data. If you would take time and real actual books on the myths you will find out that Jesus is not based on a myth. There are no dying an rising gods until after Jesus resurrection

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: texastig

originally posted by: DenyTreason
Christianity is the work of plagerism from much earlier Sumerian and Egyptain (among other) beliefs, myths, legends, folklure, and tall tales.

Not it's not. Your doing yourself a disservice by not looking at the data. If you would take time and real actual books on the myths you will find out that Jesus is not based on a myth. There are no dying an rising gods until after Jesus resurrection

it appears you may be somewhat mistaken. tammuzm, adonis, osiris...a few others whose dates are debatable, but those three are examples that came before jesus. have a look at the link for character descriptions.

www.patheos.com...
edit on 2-3-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: texastig

Matt 26:28 - "Then he took a cup, gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you, for this is my blood of the covenant, which will be shed on behalf of many for the forgiveness of sins."

Well, if you believe Paul when he said "The wages of sin is death", then perhaps Jesus died because of his own sins.

“I said, ‘You are “gods”;
you are all sons of the Most High.’
7 But you will die like mere mortals;
you will fall like every other ruler.”

Or, you could believe that your sins are forgiven when you forgive others of theirs, like Jesus also said.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: texastig

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Jesus did not come to die for sins,

Yuck. Drinking blood is nasty. Why would you believe someone telling you to drink his blood?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yuck. Drinking blood is nasty. Why would you believe someone telling you to drink his blood?

For the same reason that someone believes that is raining cats and dogs.

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Seed76

So analogical cannibalism is ok in your book because you aren't really eating a person. You are just pretending. Gotcha.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Christianity: A religion based on irony of a carpenter being nailed with iron nails to a wooden cross.
edit on 2-3-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

kill an innocent man on behalf of all guilty men? then go on and destroy their souls anyway? thats perfect justice? naw, its just cheap.

Jesus died willingly in our place because he loves both of us. You completely ignored my question btw. Jesus gave us mercy. Perfect Justice would be no evil goes unpunished.

I normally ignore your comments for this very reason. You have nothing of worth to add to any conversation. You hate the idea of the Biblical God. Even if I could show you a 100% that what I am saying is true you would still reject him so there is really no point..

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Jesus died willingly in our place because he loves both of us.

Not one person has been spared from death because of the death of Jesus.

Everybody dies.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join