It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Shots Fired at Copenhagen Cafe Free Speech Event

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
A second shooting in Denmark!
This time at a synagogue. One person hit in the head and two police officers are injured.

m.bbc.com...

According to Danish BT, the police say it is no longer safe to be in central Copenhagen, parts of the city have been evacuated and traffic is redirected.

m.bt.dk...

Any danish-talking here that can confirm this?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Floke

This is correct. The police have two different shooting episodes, not far from each other.

They are sending people home from walking on the streets and trying to keep the streets safe and are looking for the perpetrator in the inner city.

edit on 14/2/15 by JoeSignal because: spelling

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Yeah this is tragic. Probably the same people right? Have the police caught or suspect anyone?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Apparently, the shooter was shot dead this morning.

From bbc:

"Police in Copenhagen say they have shot dead a man they believe was behind two deadly attacks in the Danish capital hours earlier.

Police say they killed the man in the Norrebro district after he opened fire on them.

It came after one person was killed and three police officers injured at a free speech debate in a cafe on Saturday.

In the second attack, a Jewish man was killed and two police officers wounded near the city's main synagogue.

Police say video surveillance suggested the same man carried out both attacks. They do not believe any other people were involved."

m.bbc.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
So who was it this time, Mormons ? Shintos? Another Buddhist monk shouting Allahu Akbar ?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The main public service TV channel is going nuts on this. Been repeating themselves for hours now.

Some groups on FB have suggested this is a possible false flag. Guess we have to wait for the facts first...

One interesting thing that was lost in translation, was the place at where the cartoonist meeting was held.
The place is called "Krudttønden" in Danish, which means "Powerkeg". Any (obvious) associations here?

"Krudttønden" is a house of culture in Denmark, arranging many different cultural events.
link

Hoping all injured will have a speedy recovery.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Copenhagen Shootings Leave 2 Dead, 5 Wounded

Seems like the attack is over now.
The shooter has been shot as well ... no identity/affliation confirmed at this stage.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It seems we see more happening now. Police have enter a internet cafe', "Powerplay Reborn", and four people was seen taken out, cuffed, by the polis.

Picture from aftonbladet:
gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This cafe' is mentioned in this blogg from last year.

thytskannada.blogspot.se...

"When I come over internet cafe PowerPlay iu REBORN by Ægirsgade, comes a small group of boys at 15-16 years out. They start to give me the finger and yelling # YOU! They send the very least, to me, a boy of Somali background. 
"Are you a jew?" He asks. Yes, I reply, and he runs back to the others. #, they cry several times. One of them threw out his hands, as 'you can come down here, if you dare!' They are standing iu on the step into the net point. ... "

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Update, 12.23pm: Cafe victim identified

The victim of Saturday’s shooting attack at a cafe in Copenhagen has been identified as 55-year-old Finn Nørgaard, a Danish filmmaker.
The cafe shooting victim was originally reported as a 40-year-old Danish man, but has now been identified as Nørgaard.

“Finn was an original; a incredibly warmhearted and very spiritual type. Tall and handsome. It is hard for me to say more about it know,” the victim’s friend Majken Matzau told Ekstra Bladet.

Source : The Local

The pictured you showed relates to Sweden. Did they mention any link between the two ?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

The picture was taken in Copenhagen but the site I linked to is a Swedish tabloid paper. (They do not have a very good rep.and is very p.c. but they show the same picture and story at other sites)

I choose that site simply because I already had the link copied. So Swedish site but picture from Copenhagen. This incident is not, as of now, linked to Sweden but the city of Malmö, very close to Denmark is a no go zone for jews and there have been much talks lately about how you can't go public dressed as a jew without having radical muslims spit, call you bad names and even throw stuff at you. Sad really because they giving a bad rep. to all other muslims here and people are getting angry.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

It depends on who you ask.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Shooter identified as 22 year old Omar Abdel Hamid El-Hussein. He is a known criminal and was released from prison just 2 weeks ago. Media does not write any possible radical connections in his earlier life. Perhaps he picked that up in prison?

Sorry for Danish only.
ekstrabladet.dk...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

22 year old terrorist? Planned attack on Danish soil?

What crap is this? If this was planned terrorism, a group behind would claim the attack by now!
This is just a lone nut!

But take it seriously! Its real!(?)

The gun man went to the cultural center, fired about 24-26 shots. Killing a Danish filmmaker, injuring 3 others. Then he escapes, goes awol, changes weapons, turns up at a bar mitzwah, killing a security guard there. Goes home, and went into a firefight with the police, and got killed. Game over..

Come again? why didnt the guy have a suicide bomb belt on, maximizing the damage ?

Going home and think it was over ? ... hmmm yea - expect questions!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

What crap is this? If this was planned terrorism, a group behind would claim the attack by now!
This is just a lone nut!

The gun man went to the cultural center, fired about 24-26 shots. Killing a Danish filmmaker, injuring 3 others. Then he escapes, goes awol, changes weapons, turns up at a bar mitzwah, killing a security guard there. Goes home, and went into a firefight with the police, and got killed. Game over..

Come again? why didnt the guy have a suicide bomb belt on, maximizing the damage ?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Ha no body cares anyway. Most are surfing who won x-factor???

The rest cannot understand why the state of Denmark hasn't been mentioned in any of the news!

Its because DENMARK IS ALSO A COUNTRY!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen

This is just a lone nut!

Good thing guns are illegal in Denmark. Otherwise he might have been able to shoot all these people with a GUN

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Seems like this one isn't being "milked" as much as the, I think we can say, pretty similar shootings in France.

Not much interest here either.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkMyWords
Seems like this one isn't being "milked" as much as the, I think we can say, pretty similar shootings in France.

Not much interest here either.

I think people aren't that surprised anymore.

But also people have reached a tipping point. They no longer want to talk; people in Europe are starting to speak with actions and we are approaching a very big crisis

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Some updates:
He used a M/95 (Diemaco C7) assult rifle. Anyone know if that is an easy yo aquire and common rifle among criminals?

About the shooter:

"Michael Gjorup, head of the country's prison and probation service, told Danish media that authorities were concerned enough about changes in his behaviour in prison to notify Danish intelligence."

m.bbc.com...

45 min before the shooting, he posted a jihad-video on his Facebook and also and also posted that he swore allegiance to Abu Bakr.

www.svt.se...

My bet is that he was a troubled loner that unfortianatly met the wrong people in prison.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join