It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Shots Fired at Copenhagen Cafe Free Speech Event

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
See the gun law talk has already started and no one is being called a disgusting human being... strange.

Hope everyone that was injured pulls through.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
See the gun law talk has already started and no one is being called a disgusting human being... strange.

Not every country in the world has the same gun laws as the USA, and public opinion about guns is entirely different across Europe to that of the USA.

In almost all European countries (if not every single one), if a group was campaigning to legalize gun ownership in the same way it is in the US they would he shut down by public anger within a week.

America can keep the guns, along with the gun crime, the school shootings, the weapons of war in the hands of the idiot masses who seem to get boners by pulling a trigger.

It's not our insane culture, and we want no part of it. Our sense of self-empowerment, individual freedom and confidence does not come from holding something that can kill people.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I call for " strategic patience."

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It's always concerning when those responsible are still out there. Most of our nations have been preparing for a "Mumbai Style" attack ever since that happened, and whenever there's an attack like this by armed gunmen it's the first thing governments fear.

I see the Danish PM has called this a terrorist attack now. I think that was pretty self-evident and not at all surprising to hear.

Lets just hope they can corner these people and either detain them or kill them before they have the opportunity to harm anyone else.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Arrogant much... It works for us.. I'm not slamming some of the euro culture I've seen since moving to germany because it works for them.

That said, I hope they catch them quickly with no more loss of innocent life.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The religion of peace up to its old tricks again.
just keeping an eye on the thread. S&F for sharing.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

news.sky.com...

Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt said the shooting was a "terrorist act".

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoeSignal
a reply to: Swills

Very strict gun laws. Nobody is allowed to have guns other than police and hunters.

That doesn't seem to solve the problem though.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Not every country in the world has the same gun laws as the USA, and public opinion about guns is entirely different across Europe to that of the USA.

In almost all European countries (if not every single one), if a group was campaigning to legalize gun ownership in the same way it is in the US they would he shut down by public anger within a week.

America can keep the guns, along with the gun crime, the school shootings, the weapons of war in the hands of the idiot masses who seem to get boners by pulling a trigger.

It's not our insane culture, and we want no part of it. Our sense of self-empowerment, individual freedom and confidence does not come from holding something that can kill people.

Wasn't the biggest mass shooting like...ever, in Norway? I feel like it was.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I think so, and definitely one of the most tragic because it included so many children. That guy was a Christian extremist.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Free men own weapons. Serfs don't. Europeans have been subjected to some very successful brainwashing.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Wasn't the biggest mass shooting like...ever, in Norway? I feel like it was.

How many mass shootings have there been in Norway, or even the whole of Europe, compared to the US?
If 100 people died in one shooting in one country in a period of fifty years, compared to 100,000 in fifty years of mass shootings in the USA, the mathematics are not on your side.

Regardless, lets move on from this debate, it's completely and utterly impossible to discuss US gun laws on ATS.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I agree and I think that is the best argument one could have in the US. People that want guns no matter what, will find a way to get them. I don't think the american citizens should give up their rights.

In Denmark and Europe in general, it is different. And the general mindset of all citizens prevent things from escalating to a certain degree. All countries of course has cases that deviate, but it is much less violent all in all and especially in scandinavian countries.

I can't speak for the rest of Europe but, in Denmark, where guns are not allowed, it is very expensive to aquire a weapon. I don't know the exact price but it is probably in the vicinity of 10.000$ for an illegal automatic weapon in Denmark. Not all people can afford that, so that will argue for a lower gun-violence statistic, no matter what.

I don't know what solves the problem, man. All I know is the way I would try to solve it is education. We raise our kids properly and with love. Then situations like this can't and won't happen.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Shamrock6

I think so, and definitely one of the most tragic because it included so many children. That guy was a Christian extremist.

Ah, that "religion of peace" again... oh, wait.
Can we blame all Christians for the extreme violence of one? That seems to be the way these days, or is it only for specific religions?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Dude you're the one that brought up gun laws to begin with, all wrapped up with a bow in your America bashing tirade. And now you want to move on? Lol good god.

Event doesn't fit in line with the bash-fest? Ignore it, call it a hiccup, then quickly move along.

Noted

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Here is a soundfile from bbc taped during the shooting. 40-50 shots are heard in the recording.

The recording is a bit scary.

BBC News

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Setting mass shootings aside, there are horrific human rights violation being done by Islamist,in the name of Mohammad.

MONDAY, 17 NOVEMBER 2014

Norway Says Enough, Deports Record Numbers of Immigrants to Reduce Crime

themuslimissue.wordpress.com...
Read more: enzaferreri.blogspot.com...
Follow us: @EnzaFerreri on Twitter | enza.ferreri on Facebook

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
deleted because of derail.

Second.
edit on 14-2-2015 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The big difference I see in this incident and the Paris shooting was that the Paris shooters killed their targets. The reports said they walked in and identified their targets and killed them. This incident was someone just shooting into a gathering apparently since they didn't get their assumed target, the cartoonist.
Also, from the sound file posted above---that does not sound like automatic fire to me. Maybe it's just me but I've fired an automatic weapon and the shots in that audio file are single shots. Also from the file----does anyone else find it strange that not one person yelled, yelped or screamed when the shooting started? I find that very strange indeed.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Picture of the suspected shooter.

He is described as:

“Male, 25-30 years old, around 185cm tall, athletic build with an Arabic appearance but with lighter skin than normal and with black, slick hair. He was wearing a black or dark blue ski coat with matching pants and presumably gloves. He had covered the bottom part of his face all the way up to the eyes with a guerrilla scarf in yellow/orange and red.

“He had a black black machine gun/machine rifle. Witnesses described it as 90-100cm long, completely black and plastic-looking.”

I read this and saw the picture on Swedish sites, but I linked from The Telegraph because I guess most of you don't read swedish.

From what I could understand, the person who was shot dead wasn't even in the meeting, he just happen to get in the way. I could be wrong.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join