It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GIG is up on the IPCC and the tweaked NASA data

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

EPA wants even more on the coal stacks which is not needed now but coal ash and other concerns i posted in this thread have me saying I want miss it when it IS gone. sic

This all leaves society with the pressing urgency for alternative energy supplies, I have a strong intuition that this could be resolved quickly, if vested interest weren't lobbying to protect their own businesses. There are numerous promising technologies emerging that,given the funding,could clean up the environment.

But is there money to be made from it?

This is the question that will decide whether we live in a polluted hell hole or a garden of eden.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
May be about time to have a pity party for the believers of this hoax.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

For example, Acid Rain data has trended up in the over a Quarter of a century I have been involved with the analysis. Initially when I began this career, the pH was averaging in the 4's with no samples above 6. This data is not reported to the public to keep them from being alarmed in this case,

my data shows that the pH is above 5 with some of the samples reporting in above 7

Sorry, Justoneman, just wondered if you could clarify that. Wouldn't that suggest that acid rain is trending towards neutral,which to my mind would be a good thing?

edit on 10-2-2015 by kennyb72 because: punctuation

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: kennyb72

For example, Acid Rain data has trended up in the over a Quarter of a century I have been involved with the analysis. Initially when I began this career, the pH was averaging in the 4's with no samples above 6. This data is not reported to the public to keep them from being alarmed in this case,

my data shows that the pH is above 5 with some of the samples reporting in above 7

Sorry, Justoneman, just wondered if you could clarify that. Wouldn't that suggest that acid rain is trending towards neutral,which to my mind would be a good thing?

Yes it would and that is my point along with the controls the EPA suggested , ahem, DID work..AND It helps even the company in the long run to NOT pollute so heavily.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Didn't you get the memo? Corporate called and we're not calling it, "global warming" anymore. The new slogan is " Climate Change" and the global warming is the reason we're all freezing our A$$ off. I know, I know it's insane but those dumb a$$es will believe it.

Well, as they say (or maybe not). Don't believe your lying A$$.

edit on 10-2-2015 by kennyb72 because: Quote

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Yes it would and that is my point along with the controls the EPA suggested , ahem, DID work..AND It helps even the company in the long run to NOT pollute so heavily.

Gotcha, sounds like a great strategy, that along with clean energy, problem fixed. Now if they would only just leave my beloved CO2 alone. I just love CO2, at just 0.4% of our total atmosphere, there is precious little of it.

'I want my C02' sung to the tune of a dire straits song

edit on 10-2-2015 by kennyb72 because: fiddling

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kennyb72

Now if they would only just leave my beloved CO2 alone. I just love CO2, at just 0.4% of our total atmosphere, there is precious little of it.

Not yet there. 400ppm = 0.04%

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

no worries china and india are making lots of CO2.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

Not yet there. 400ppm = 0.04%

Bugger, the disappearing "0" trick, now I am even more depressed. Do you mean I have to wait another 100,000 yrs until I can feel secure?

edit on 10-2-2015 by kennyb72 because: I stuttered

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
One thing that strike me is that the newly launched OCO-2 map of CO2 releasing spot correlate well with zones of intense deforestation and volcanic activity.

Orbiting Carbon Observatory-2 (OCO-2)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: choos

no worries china and india are making lots of CO2.

I know, but it takes such a long time to get it into the atmosphere to make a positive difference. I mean it has taken the industrialised nations hundreds of years to push it to 400ppm. They really need to get a move on.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Bugger, the disappearing "0" trick, now I am even more depressed. Do you mean I have to wait another 100,000 yrs until I can feel secure?

No worry, all the activity generated by the new carbon trading scheme will generate a lot of CO2. Think of all the new BMWs and luxury cars, boats that the "traders" will buy. Me think money burning produce a lot of CO2.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

One thing that strike me is that the newly launched OCO-2 map of CO2 releasing spot correlate well with zones of intense deforestation and volcanic activity.

Raises eyebrow in disbelief. (not really) Don't expect any common sense correlation with that data any time soon.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Great article by a meteorologist on this topic.

Link

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Raises eyebrow in disbelief. (not really) Don't expect any common sense correlation with that data any time soon.

Check one of those tree hugger site for a map, the deforestation zone match very well, volcanic activity also match. This was a surprise not just for me!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Great article by a meteorologist on this topic.

Link

But this process can lead to large adjustments to the raw data, and in at least some instances the adjusted data can suggest long-term warming even when the raw data indicate cooling.

Taken from this piece of 'insult your intelligence' damage control

It stuns me how this appears to work for you!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Google Earth launches high-resolution global deforestation map

Consider also map of stored carbon in forest and the fact that warm water (near the equator) outgas CO2 vs cold water.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Just to add (sorry, I know it is a little off topic), as convinced as I am that the "warming" thing is a scam, deforestation is however a really serious problem. Effort shall be redirected there!

edit on 2015-2-10 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Consider also map of stored carbon in forest and the fact that warm water (near the equator) outgas CO2 vs cold water.

It all makes perfect sense.

I wish we could make people understand that we 'deniers' (me anyway) do not deny that CO2 is 'possibly' increasing, although I totally disagree with the stated consequences. My greatest concern is with chemical, radiation pollution and deforestation, and that these serious issues are being swept under the rug.

Why worry about climate change when we will all be poisoned to death long before we get our beachside property in the middle of the continent.

edit on 10-2-2015 by kennyb72 because: clarity

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Or is it just plain old logic you have a problem with?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join