It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GIG is up on the IPCC and the tweaked NASA data

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Justoneman

Are you saying it is ok to fudge the data because that is how this reads to me?
Not exactly. I'm saying that when dealing with a dataset which is known to have inherent biases due to weaknesses in instrumentation it is important to account for those biases. As pointed out, the algorithms used to deal with those biases produce both higher and lower temperatures than the raw data demonstrates. As pointed out, statistical analysis of both the raw data and the adjusted data show that the trends which appear are valid.

Since this is the only surface data which is available there are three options; use raw data which is known to be faulty, attempt to compensate for the inherent biases, or just say there is no useful data. In attempting to track temperature trends, which one is most viable?

AND it is ok to not look at the whole data set that geologist teach at the University's?
What "whole dataset" are you referring to?

At this point you Phage are honestly going to use a faking of your ignorance as an approach on this matter? Really, that cant be true can it? Ignorance is not one of your mantras and kuddos to you for always making the debates interesting even if you are a piece of work!!
edit on 9-2-2015 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Since this is the only surface data which is available there are three options; use raw data which is known to be faulty, attempt to compensate for the inherent biases, or just say there is no useful data. In attempting to track temperature trends, which one is most viable?

It is not a question of which is the most viable, as that would suggest an agenda. There is only one answer and that would be 'no useful data'. Any of the other options would be a travesty.

edit on 9-2-2015 by kennyb72 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Yes it's okay with me, why wouldn't it be? If a temp station constantly reads 1 degree higher than the actual temperature why wouldn't you want them to adjust it in the data record? You would prefer to have the incorrect temperature instead?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Yes it's okay with me, why wouldn't it be? If a temp station constantly reads 1 degree higher than the actual temperature why wouldn't you want them to adjust it in the data record? You would prefer to have the incorrect temperature instead?

If as you guys would have me believe, raw temperature data is incorrect that only means it was initially totally useless to us who analyze the data. Sorry, that wont fly in a scientific analysis. That is why I will refer once again to Dr Richard Feynman.. Do you need a primer on his Scientific method?

Well i can only hope you learn the truth before these greedy power hungry governments using this lie steal so much of the peoples hard earned money that we are all in line begging for their handouts.
edit on 10-2-2015 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Why not use the actual temp instead of a flawed instrument and try to adjust data at all?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
a reply to: Kali74

Why not use the actual temp instead of a flawed instrument and try to adjust data at all?

|
Someone who understands logic.TY

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: kennyb72
Ah. So the hell with it. Good plan.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

At this point you Phage are honestly going to use a faking of your ignorance as an approach on this matter? Really, that cant be true can it? Ignorance is not one of your mantras and kuddos to you for always making the debates interesting even if you are a piece of work!!
That's pretty vague. Instead of talking about me, how about telling me what dataset you are talking about?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

How do you obtain the actual temp without an instrument?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Not any few Phage THE VERY SCIENTISTS that generated the IPCC data that was then LIED about.

All of them? There are an awful lot of scientists on the IPCC.

What data was lied about?

edit on 2/10/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

NO you did not feign ignorance again on what he was saying did you? I expect more from the like of the Phage on this site.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

He said this:

How do you obtain "actual temps" without an instrument? More to the point, how do you obtain historical "actual temps" without an instrument?
edit on 2/10/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

That is what I want to know,if the thermometer is off replace it or disregard the data.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I read some time ago that over half the weather stations in Russia are no longer operating, due to lack of funds, would that lack of information make a difference to the overall climate/weather patterns/temperatures?
What about the huge lack of CO2 in the atmosphere? at 400 parts per million, that's less than half of one percent of the total. I just don't see how so little can have such a huge effect on the rest of the total atmosphere.
By now, according to all bore, the north west passage should be ice free, why is it not so?
Why is global sea ice at its highest since 1988?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Ah. So the hell with it. Good plan.
a reply to: Phage

A far better option than making things up!

If science is based on manipulated data, it can't even be credited with the title of 'pseudo science', it is simply tampered evidence and is inadmissible by any scientific method.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I wonder who is funding the IPCC and all their hundreds of "independent" scientists?

I bet some sneaky money is behind the UN agenda.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Not any few Phage THE VERY SCIENTISTS that generated the IPCC data that was then LIED about.

All of them? There are an awful lot of scientists on the IPCC.

What data was lied about?
[/quote/

Please dont confuse the Al Gore shills with real questions that make sense. It might scare them away too soon before they have to finally admit either they don't have a clue and need to apologize or that they really work for people with a vested financial interest in avoiding the truth. LOL good post star for you again!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

That is what I want to know,if the thermometer is off replace it or disregard the data.
That leaves you with very little data. It's not as if the adjustments which are made are random or arbitrary. They are checked against reliable stations, stations which are located in rural environments. The data from newly replaced instruments is compared with older data.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: kennyb72

If science is based on manipulated data, it can't even be credited with the title of 'pseudo science', it is simply tampered evidence and is inadmissible by any scientific method.

You know that statistical analysis is an integral part of the scientific method, right?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

In my book, if the sensor is well calibrated, the unadulterated data is "king". If the sensor is not situated well, it mean a lack of homogeneity among sensor in the network, that is called "lame work", data from this station shall be discarted!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join