It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan's King Abdullah "A trained pilot" to personally lead Revenge bombings on ISIS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

I think ISIS believes itself to be invincible and to arrogant to realize their mindset leads to a 100% failure rate.

The fact they killed the pilot over a month before they asked Jordan for the exchange. For me this is the first time I have seen a group like this demand a prisoner swap when they already killed the person they wanted to use.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad

Queen Elizabeth was a mechanic in WWII? I didn't know that.

She wasn't Queen then, just a Princess but here she is doing her part:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Cinrad

Queen Elizabeth was a mechanic in WWII? I didn't know that.

She wasn't Queen then, just a Princess but here she is doing her part:

Britain is just awesome... Their sense of humor cracks me up as well.. As an example they had the -

The Women's Auxiliary Territorial Service during WWII.

Anyone see the tongue in cheek humor in that name?
edit on 5-2-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Good catch on the humor!!, i have'nt noticed thats before!Lol!, will us brits have always had the ability to laugh at ourselfs!, some find the british sense of humor and an aquired taste, but in the words of my late father " we'd laugh to see a pudding crawl!" .
All the best.
B. V. H. a reply to: Xcathdra

CX

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I look forward to David Cameron donning his combats next time he puts our troops in harms way.

Of course it will happen.

CX.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Now this is what I call a leader, someone fit to be king (assuming he follows through with it).

Reminds me of the story of Solomon to an extent, an example of King David (his father) whome had strong politics, (although sometimes perhaps a bit off the main ideals at the time), and and devotion to lead and protect his people, not only by words but through his own strength at times.

Puts our western leaders to shame in comparison of that nobility, but then again with the current state of political correctness I guess there isn't much they can do.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CX
I look forward to David Cameron donning his combats next time he puts our troops in harms way.

Of course it will happen.

CX.

Would you rather deal with the problem now in the ME or later when the alphabet of Europe is Arabic? The head guy of ISIS already stated there will be 2 classes of people - believers and infidels. The infidels who wont convert will die. his words.
edit on 5-2-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Britain is just awesome... Their sense of humor cracks me up as well.. As an example they had the -

The Women's Auxiliary Territorial Service during WWII.

Anyone see the tongue in cheek humor in that name?

LOL, I hadn't seen that, for some reason it makes it all the more awesome!

Keep Calm and Carry On!
edit on 5/2/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I honestly miss the days when the leader of a group/country/etc. would be on the front lines ready to battle it out for a cause... If anything, those times showed a little bit of honor, especially knowing that the leaders who fought truly stood for the cause, which is why they would put their own neck on the line, over hiding in some high security bunker with loads of private security...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
i posted this on the other King Abdullah thread. needs to go here also.

King not flying missions Meanwhile, a Jordanian government official on Thursday told Al Arabiya News that King Abdullah was not flying missions against ISIS himself, after local media reports – also taken by some international outlets - indicated he is set to do so. The official also noted that observers should refrain from calling King Abdullah a fighter pilot as he does not officially hold the title. He is, however, the commander-in-chief of the Jordanian Air Force. Jordan king cites Clint Eastwood in revenge vow

he is not flying missions, the pictures that have been shown in some of the articles are stills taken from a video from last year.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Wow... here's a mature, responsible, grown-up man! Calling the shots, and taking full responsibility for his words and decisions.

I usually don't like monarchy but here's a prince I'd be quite okay with.

Now get me only one State leader like this in the West. I dare you!

Just look at these "untouchables" from the ivory tower media, like Timothy Garton Ash calling for more blood and WWIII... Who among them would even dare going on the battlefront they contributed to build up? Not even for war reporting... a job given to the lower-profile reporters *coughs* SAS *cough*. Buncha total cowards.
edit on 5/2/15 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Pure PR...

There is nothing more to say.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Abdullah is a Clint Eastwood fan.

I hope he paints 'Are ya feeling lucky punk' on some bombs. before droppin them on ISIS.

Yeah sure the hell beats leading from behind like someone else we all know.
edit on 5-2-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

i wonder if this is what he quoted.

All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down.
will munny

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
You guys sure love a good old war story don't you? I don't see anything to be celebrated here, other than more war and more rumors of war. It's almost as if people WANT WW3.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
You guys sure love a good old war story don't you? I don't see anything to be celebrated here, other than more war and more rumors of war. It's almost as if people WANT WW3.

Sure do!

Here's some [popcorn] for you....got any sunscreen for the apocalypse?

FIRE IT UP!!!! FIRE IT UP!!!! FIRE IT UP!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Why do I get the strange sensation that if this guy does, NATO/US will down his bird in ISIS territory to stop him from becoming the motivational vehicle needed to kickstart the Middle-eastern campaign against ISIS.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Leadership through example not a bad idea! Unlike our community organizer!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Sickening. I don't even know what to think about the world when people openly celebrate death, even in vengeance. I guess some people really do just want to watch the world burn.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
A world leader worthy of respect. At last.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join