It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something in the woods is taking people

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I have to work but want to mark for later.

Love this type of subject - Paulides or others- thanks!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It's just that you initially stated the thing was "off to my left" in your post.

a reply to: mazzroth

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

SnF and thank you Cole for the thread. I mean, any
information we can saddle concerning these strange
and seemingly diabolical disappearences, should be of
everyones interest. Indeed.

edit on Ram12915v06201500000050 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
44:00 - 49:00 possibly the most intriguing thing I've ever heard

Here's the vid the second part refers to:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

People claim there are shadow figures and even strange faces which appear and disappear in the elevator.
It's poor quality video, so it's hard to discern anything conclusive. She does seem to be afraid of something unseen. I agree, it's an extremely weird case.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

People are taken for various reasons and they are never seen again. Something tells me a lot of "off limits" wilderness areas were designated not only for the preservation of natural resources but also to isolate and perhaps contain things we're told cannot exist.

it`s interesting that you would say that, just yesterday I saw a news article about president Obama making more of the Alaska wilderness into protected wildlife area.
I looked at a map of alsaka and there are already massive areas that are protected land, national parks etc.

The government has prevented oil drilling in large parts of Alaska for over 50 years,even back in the 70`s during the "oil crisis" the government refused to even consider opening up parts of Alaska to oil drilling.

Here`s the thing that made me curious, we all know that big business, especially big oil, owns all the politicians but even big oil can`t get "their" politicians to open up parts of Alaska.
Politicians claim that they are protecting wildlife in alasaka but when have they ever so steadfastly refused to do what their corporate masters want them to do just to protect some wildlife?

I`m convinced that there is something in alasaka that they don`t want us to know about.Even their biggest contributors haven`t been able to get the politicians to budge on this issue.It seems that no amount of threats, bribes or coercion over the years has been able to get the politicians to open up known oil deposits to drilling in Alaska.

Some of these protected areas in Alaska are bigger than some of the states in the lower 48 states.There is plenty of unprotected wilderness in Alaska for the wildlife there`s no need for this much protected land in Alaska.I`m convinced that there are other reasons that they are putting all this land off limits,it has nothing to do with protecting wildlife.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Lots of weird stuff out there, lots of people go missing. Can you "tag" it to just one thing? I don't think so.

It's easy to dismiss what's been seen as figments of our imaginations as a whole, however, witnesses to the "ODD" still keep coming forward. Life eat's life is worth remembering tho....

Paulides is a joke.
he got drummed out of the police force, then wrote his books on OLD cases.
So no insider info there.
In fact if you check some of the cases he's written about were sealed so he had no idea if they fit his criteria & were actually resolved. The actual resolution was not made public. To portray them as unsolved is unethical.
But whatever....

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I guess the term 'drummed out' is relative. Paulides admitted to the soliciting for charity charge, and was given an early retirement. I can't find any evidence to suggest he's the 'joke' you claim he is.

I think he's very objective when it comes to his investigations. He presents empirical evidence, and doesn't make assumptions. I don't think he's the unethical person you're describing. Not at all.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Alaska has alot of odd stories floating around.

secret alien bases.
underground black pyramid.
etc.

www.redflagnews.com...

the whole thing about people missing in parks is just odd.
something strange is going on.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

Dude, you clipped a biologist researching bats in their natural environment while listening to his walkman on full vol...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

really enjoying this post. thanks

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
What always intrigued me about the case is that Elisa Lam posted about inventing the invisibility cloak

and she was very intelligent and had some interesting ties... cant help but wonder if someone was there, but invisible

And then there is the fact of the tuberculosis outbreak there utilising tests called LAM-ELISA. Bizarre synchronicity

Summary of Events
Interesting movie about an asian girl who drowns in a cistern on the roof...

edit on 29-1-2015 by Ridhya because: youtube

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
S&F - Love this stuff.

I have all the M-411 books currently, and am working my way through them piece by piece, giving myself time to "absorb" all the info.

While you are correct when you say that Paulides doesn't speculate in the books what is doing this, but he very strongly hints at what it could be. The way these people disappear in moments, seconds even, with little to no noise or trace they were ever there is insane. In SOME of the cases, searchers can HEAR voices, sometimes very weak voices (meaning they wouldn't travel far, so the hearer of the noise would have to close to hear it in the first place) calling out things like, "I need help.." and other creepy things like that.

If I had to venture a guess, I would say that some of them, especially the one I listed above where a reporter heard the voice (which was verified by a ranger later that a group of searchers also heard the same faint voice in the same area) fell through a rift, a portal, something and were just on the other side. Close enough to the rip that you could still hear their voice, just couldn't find their way back.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
C

redo Mutwa has been saying for years that these creatures exist and have existed in various continents for hundreds of years.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I think the Lam Elisa vaccine was given to some local homeless people for tuberculosis on the same day. Also I'm pretty sure that's the hotel Richard Ramirez stayed in. Questions arose (they may have been answered by now) about her staying there in the first place.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I don't have time to listen to radio show, but in that video isn't that the chick that was found dead in a water tank that was like impossible to get into? People hearing voices reminds me of skinwalker ranch.
edit on 29-1-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

The more you research the case, the weirder it gets. I initially dismissed it as a mentally unstable person who was the victim of a murderer (Possibly an employee of the hotel).
There's so many weird things associated with the Lam case, it's mind-boggling.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ensinger23

the same faint voice in the same area) fell through a rift, a portal, something and were just on the other side. Close enough to the rip that you could still hear their voice, just couldn't find their way back.

There was a famous case (not the Lang case, which is probably a hoax) discussed on a C-2-C episode where a man disappeared literally into thin air in full view of two friends. I think they were hunting in the woods. His friends heard
him calling for help, very faintly. They said it faded off, till they could no longer hear it.

As you said, it's like they enter a portal and are just on the other side, but they can't get back. His friends said
there was obviously something strange at work. The birds stopped singing, there were no crickets chirping, just
dead silence. I think one of them reported that even the surrounding scenery somehow looked weird.
I wish I knew what show that was on. I can't find it online. It was probably from 7-8 years ago,

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Maybe A Drop Bear Mate
Arjunada.
Oh and second Line. a reply to: mazzroth

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Something I noticed, in a lot of these stories people instinctually don't run. It seems standing your ground makes the creatures retreat? At least the bat/mantis/Bigfoot things..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join