It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something in the woods is taking people

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

The mantis-alien and mantis cryptid subject is another one of those areas that I think is incredibly weird.
I recently listened to some ufology podcasts with Bob Dean, and the the mantis topic was discussed.

While the term "mantis-like" is often used, there was a case of alleged ongoing, multi-generational abductions
happening to a family in Ohio. A woman and her daughter described the grey aliens as being under the control of 'mantis' aliens. The women said the aliens' heads looked exactly like a praying mantis.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

sounds totally gross and nightmarish. that must have been such a traumatic experience for them.

yeah, i've heard a bit about the presumed alien connection with the cryptid sightings.

honestly. forgive me for bringing this up lol but that would make sense if aliens were fallen angels and all of this was spiritual warfare. I mean, yeah it's physically happening. still sounds spiritual to me. tho that's even scarier than if it was just something else imo.

the world is such a freaky place. I don't even think i'd be surprised to see a pig fly. lol

man, what I would give to go back to the days when I thought all these things were made up.

ignorance is bliss. at least until the ancient skoy god aliums kidnap you haha

*shivers*

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Ive watched several interview with Paulides, Its some very good work hes done compiling all this. I keep meaning to get a copy of missing 411. Makes me try to be more cautious when I go into the woods. Though I doubt any one phenomena can explain all these disappearances, there are defiantly not conventional explanations to all of them. That's why I would like to see some try to look over them on a case by case basis.

edit on 31-1-2015 by grey9438 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Well, the view these things are (mostly) human mind generated tulpas... constructs... most especially the weirder things, makes the most sense to me.

More sense than teams of spirits competing for human souls, anyway... that seems so anthropomorphic.... or aliens bothering to freak us out.

The flying demon thingy hanging around an Indian burial ground in the Midwest comes to mind... as does the red eyes attached to some weird shadow thing in a canyon I saw once (with a group of folks btw).

Some of the old shamans likely put some nasty guards on holy sights, and if true, I'm puzzled why there aren't more religious miracles, possessions and angel sightings... though there are a bunch.

But most Bigfoot sightings sure seem like a branch of humans who got overlooked ...except for the rare glimpse we get... or the rare snack they get of us regular folks.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Killed by mysterious monsters or got lost in the woods and died of exposure....hmmmm. I'd have to see at least a little hard evidence to vote for monsters. You mentioned ley lines and geomagnetism. Although I doubt these things would cause people to disappear, there seems to be something to that. The great serpent mound in Ohio, for one, is a high geomagnetism area. No more to avoid topic drift.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

But most Bigfoot sightings sure seem like a branch of humans who got overlooked ...except for the rare glimpse we get... or the rare snack they get of us regular folks.

Where are the Bigfoot bones?
There used to be monsters east of the Mississippi. But as we populated the area no proof was found and the stories were decided to just that, stories.
The great northwest still has unpopulated areas so now the stories have shifted.
Anybody really believe in chupacabra? Just those with low levels of schooling.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: samkent

Dunno, thus I said "seems like..." heh, but maybe they bury their dead, and really, if only a few thousand exist, the odds are really bad for finding bones. To go into a tad more detail about my view:

I got convinced of their possibility at Uni when a TA took offense to me laughing about bigfoot, and took the time to show me the "evidence" drawer... hair, poo, and plaster casts... they said most prints were obvious hoaxes, but that there were some found out in the middle of nowhere and the ones that really got me were the prints of size 22's with the correct bone structure for a skeleton that could carry immense weight and the dermal ridges could actually be seen on part of the prints... that matched another set of prints found a few years and a thousand miles away... if hoaxed...then wow, great job.

Then I met the Profs who had been digging at a sight in the North West and they had both seen a group of them on numerous occasions there and had some (far away) pics. They were pretty sure they were human... or darn close... just hairy and big.

There was something not being said but the gist was that larger powers wanted them left alone and the anthro dept agreed... maybe they were all nuts, or playing a too involved prank on a student, but I doubt it and have to admit the possibility some huge primitive exists.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I think this woman is doing some coat tailing on David Paulides excellent investigative works. She may have done a search on Amazon and thought if people could resell Paulides' book for $50 or more, she might as well ride that train.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
If Bigfoot bury their dead that would suggest a very high level of intelligence.
Far too high to just sleep under tree's in the winter.

For an animal reported to live all around the globe in hard to reach places you would expect to find buried bones.
Paleontologist have dug up bones from creatures big and small. Recent to millions of years ago. Yet not one bigfoot.
How has Bigfoot hidden all the graves of their great great great great grand parents?
None of the Yeti have died in the snow storms while searching for food? Or do their families search every snow drift until the body is found? Even we don't do that.

Ain't no Bigfoot out there. Just another monster man has dreamed up.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I have to listen to this. I love these creep forest stories.

Anyone remember the X-Files episode called Detour? That's what I always think of when I hear these stories. That episode terrified me when I was little because I used to wander around in the woods a lot.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowen20
a reply to: TryAndStopTheFuture555

I am carrying a nuke

Is all that came up on NSA computers.... LOL

Ha. And, all that came up on the NSA computers for your post was a hit on the word "nuke," and:

Showing results for Snowden

Search instead for Snowen?

But, on topic... This crap freaks me out. Never believed any of it, big foot, yeti, whatever. But on my last deployment in 2012, I saw some f'ed up # I'm not sure what it was. Chalked it up to sleep deprivation just to make me feel better about it... lol maybe a Tali psy-op...
edit on 7/2/15 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

I saw some f'ed up # I'm not sure what it was.

That's it? You aren't going to detail this for us? Just leave
us wondering?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

sounds a bit like a Yowie, have heard one a few times (or several different ones) out in the scrub near Maleny up the ranges from where I lived in S.E. QLD years ago. Lots of places to hide even close to "civilisation"

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

This is some scary #. I was reading Linda`s site about that insect like creature encounter when I remembered seeing a video a while back that looked like what was described by the U.S. Sergeant.

It`s a crap quality but here you go...watch out for 14-16 sec...then look at the drawing on that website...

You might also want to read the description under the youtube vid...it is said that the video was filmed in Poland which is not that far away from Nuremberg...

There is also a thread about this....here on ATS

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

I saw some f'ed up # I'm not sure what it was.

That's it? You aren't going to detail this for us? Just leave
us wondering?

Sorry. Not much to tell really. Just a grainy big human shaped thing in my NVG. it was f'ing huge though. We had other targets at the same range and it was easily 1.5 times as big. And it was acting unlike the group we were watching. Like it was watching them too. And us. It ran like hell when I ordered the gunner to open up with the 50.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Well I think that is something myself. A great personal knoqwledge
item for sure. Something huge in the forest really scared the hell
out of me one time as well. Made a we we stop on the way up to Yosemite
once. Side of the road and something huge was grunting and rattling
the half grown trees. I zipped it up and turned around and got back in
as if nothing at all was happening. My stoned partner Joe said,
" Hey dude, what was in the bushes?" All I said was " I don't know and
I'm not gonna find out".
But it was as if a rhino or a dinosaur was in there. That's the feeling
of how big it was.
edit on Rpm20815v482015u21 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

Thanks for posting! I had forgotten about that vid.

Several years ago, there was a great website that discussed paranormal stuff. I have not been able to find it in any archives like "Wayback Machine". There was a story about these small humanoids that lived in the region of the Superstition Mountains in Arizona. There was an alleged photo (very clear, hi-def) of one of the things. It was hideous!

The thing in this vid reminded me of it.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Np, If you happen to find the website and the photo, please let me know...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Well I think that is something myself. A great personal knoqwledge
item for sure. Something huge in the forest really scared the hell
out of me one time as well. Made a we we stop on the way up to Yosemite
once. Side of the road and something huge was grunting and rattling
the half grown trees. I zipped it up and turned around and got back in
as if nothing at all was happening. My stoned partner Joe said,
" Hey dude, what was in the bushes?" All I said was " I don't know and
I'm not gonna find out".
But it was as if a rhino or a dinosaur was in there. That's the feeling
of how big it was.

I have heard a critter in Texas swampland that sounded huge. I heard it quickly draw air and then slowly exhale with a rumbling growl. I cannot think of an animal, other than an elephant, that would have such lung capacity and throat resonance.
Scared the crap out of a buddy and me. I am certain it was not an alligator, unless large alligators climb trees.
edit on 9-2-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Why did it have to be a 'critter' ?
Have you not heard sounds from a moving tree?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join