It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something in the woods is taking people

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomy327
Something I noticed, in a lot of these stories people instinctually don't run. It seems standing your ground makes the creatures retreat? At least the bat/mantis/Bigfoot things..

One thing's for certain... if I ever vanish from the woods, my last location will look like this:

edit on 1/29/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger
Yes its bizarre. I too dismissed it, and the only reason why it even floated by is because every Canadian killed abroad gets plastered all over the news. And our news is more conspiracy-friendly than the US, they showed that tweet she made about invisibility!

The connection to the Crowley-poem sacrifice is too freaky.

a reply to: Flesh699
Yep thats the one. Seriously, give the radio show a shot - at least the part I linked (44:00-49:00)
It starts out garbage as the lady talks about "that stargate found in Iraq" which made me facepalm... but I gave it a chance, the host is really intelligent, the invisible soldiers discussion is just too good to pass up!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Well, I'm about 20 minutes into this interview on C2C (a show where it has its' fair share of idiots and loonies) so far I've heard nothing but drivel. So a woman wha has probably never left her house heard about (probably online) a person in a place that felt creepy oh and there were these scientists in this other place by some ley lines that got scared and also there's this place with a bridge where dogs kill themselves, it must be to do with granite as you know granite holds that thing for years.

What ???!!!!

There is no comparison between this Clown and the work of David Paulides, the interview (so far) is no more than the equivelent of the ramblings of a poster at Godlikeproductions.com. she sounds very much like one of those Christians you meet that has a sack full of anecdotes about weird and wonderful things happening somewhere to someone which must be true becuase she heard it or read it.

The first thing the C2C host should have asked this woman is "You have evidence of this?" but I suppose that if he did that would have braught the show to a quick conclusion.

edit on 30-1-2015 by ChristianJihad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

When I go to woods I am carrying 4 types of defensive and offensive "mechanisms" , which I won't go into details

What good it would do against a Predator from another planet like in a movie, not much

But I got a secret weapon I am carrying with me, I am carrying a nuke, which I will disclose to all of you so you too can be nuke armed

Too bad most of you will laugh

I got JESUS CHRIST with me as a dead man switch, so if I go we go. Off planet predators know full well about Jesus, they just call that being different names
edit on 30-1-2015 by TryAndStopTheFuture555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ChristianJihad

Well, I'm about 20 minutes into this interview on C2C (a show where it has its' fair share of idiots and loonies) so far I've heard nothing but drivel.

It gets better, imo. I said early on that I thought the David Paulides stuff was better. Overall, I thought the subject
was interesting enough to justify a thread.
Steph Young's books get pretty good reviews on Amazon, although there's more than one complaint
about terrible editing, including typographical errors. What moved me to go further were the reviews where readers
said they couldn't put the books down because the stories were so scary and fascinating.

I agree that the C-2-C show often features loonies who offer nothing more than a handful of anecdotes with little or no real evidence.

While checking out some related stories online, I found the Linda Moulton-Howe article that I posted. That story was
incredibly strange, (The soldier in Germany) Like many of these stories, there's no hard evidence, so we're taking someone at their word.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Lots of weird stuff out there, lots of people go missing. Can you "tag" it to just one thing? I don't think so.

It's easy to dismiss what's been seen as figments of our imaginations as a whole, however, witnesses to the "ODD" still keep coming forward. Life eat's life is worth remembering tho....

Paulides is a joke.
he got drummed out of the police force, then wrote his books on OLD cases.
So no insider info there.
In fact if you check some of the cases he's written about were sealed so he had no idea if they fit his criteria & were actually resolved. The actual resolution was not made public. To portray them as unsolved is unethical.
But whatever....

Could you elaborate a little on how Paulides was "Drummed Out" of the police force? Do you have insider info on him? Until I see some links on Paulides like you claim about him being drummed or his cases I'm calling b.s.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Come on people.
Man has always had boogie men in the woods stories.
It's part of our DNA for survival.
C2C is just making money off of fearful conspiracy minded people.
If any of their guests had any proof they would make the national news.
But then again you believe the MSM is in on it.
It's a circle of ignorance.

You don't see people like Elon Musk believing in crap like C2C.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: samkent

You don't see people like Elon Musk believing in crap like C2C.

Elon Musk also warns computer scientists against unleashing an uncontrollable artificial intelligence 'demon',
which has been a fairly frequent topic of discussion on C2C.

Are you denying that unexplained disappearances happen in wilderness areas?

As for ignorant, conspiracy-minded pople:
Here ya go

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TryAndStopTheFuture555

When I go to woods I am carrying 4 types of defensive and offensive "mechanisms" , which I won't go into details

What good it would do against a Predator from another planet like in a movie, not much

But I got a secret weapon I am carrying with me, I am carrying a nuke, which I will disclose to all of you so you too can be nuke armed

Too bad most of you will laugh

I got JESUS CHRIST with me as a dead man switch, so if I go we go. Off planet predators know full well about Jesus, they just call that being different names

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahaAHAHAHAHAhahhaah

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
David Paulides seemed very interesting and credible from his writings and interviews. He remains objective and only told 2 'crazy' stories by other people I have seen. One, I think a woman heard voices, weather changed abruptly, and the hand of an entity touched her before she ran to a house.

The second was two men who dove into snow banks to avoid a beam, that shot upon them.

All the rest is charting dissapearances in national or state parks, and not getting cooperation from federal agencies when investigating. Fascinating material

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
There was a documentary about this nearly 30 years ago...

Uncle Brian....... he will be missed. Dad was never the same when that Austrian guy dropped a boulder on his chin tenticle

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Since there's been a fair amount of discussion about David Paulides, I thought I'd post this one:

He tells a story of the Hawaiian "night marchers". They're supposedly the ghosts of soldiers who come down from the mountains. If you encounter them, you're supposed to hide your face in your hands. Don't look at them, or you'll be taken or killed.

The story begins at 1:10

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
As far as hulking bi-peds in the U.S., Canada, Australia and Tibet (er China) and Nepal... as well as Russia, it's old hat... the evidence exists, like anatomically correct footprints showing dermal ridges that have even matched other footprints found a thousand miles and years away from each other... and some of the witnesses are very, very credible... even accounting for the hoaxes that have certainly been done.

However, there may well be other, even weirder things out there.

I have a relative who (with a group of friends) encountered a huge, heavy, very physical 'something' that remained invisible... even as it lifted the rear end of their truck.

They were in the South Eastern woodlands of Texas and heard something approaching. They saw trees moved aside and from the height of the disturbed branches they estimated the thing was over 12 feet tall. It was aggressive and though it didn't make vocalizations (as far as I remember from the recounting) it made a bunch of noise when it moved.

They ran to their vehicles and the truck he was in was impacted and lifted off the ground... with dents in the top and rear to match.

With tales of Wendigos and the like, it seems there might be a rare whats-it... or different ones, roaming the wilderness.
I personally know things termed "spirits" exist... but they're not usually so physical, although it can happen... but regarding this, I'm at a loss. A huge invisible beast just sounds so darned silly... but dang, some of the stories make me wonder.

Giant cockroaches, despite the anatomical impossibility is nothing compared to invisible giants! Meh, maybe it's a psi-op by the military... but that's like saying maybe it was God messing with them... but ...wow... some weird things out there ... and they might really exist

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Honestly I believe it. Not afraid to say I've encountered shadow people and ghosts. Things exist that we're told can't possibly be. And most certainly they're studied and contained when possible. I think there's a lot of entities/forces that exist and if people knew the world would be looked at very differently.

Stuff happens but because there's a lot of factors going against waking up society, they don't tell us.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Alaska isn't the only place, the Yukon and Northwest Territories as well. You have to do some digging for those reports but it's worth it.

a reply to: Baddogma

Yep.....there's absolutely things out there we don't have names for. Sorry that happened to your relative, probably one of those wrong place, wrong time things.

@ ColeYounger interesting subject, but putting all your eggs in one basket is short sighted. Before Paulides was on the scene many reports of "High Strangeness" in the woods have been reported. Collated into one hypothesis? No...but there most likely isn't just one particular culprit.

Reports and theories are cyclical. The numbers are astounding for missing people. Obviously something is going on, but hitching your wagon to the "latest" does a disservice to the rest of the information out there.

You don't have to like my opinion of Paulides. Can he be doing what he thinks is right and doing it badly? Sure.
Shooting the messenger doesn't change that. If you're going to cite someones material the onus is on you to do some digging into it. All I'm doing is telling you you ought to and what to look for.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I used to hike a trail on Pleasant mountain in Maine, 2300ft +/-. Sometimes with my children, always with a dog. Many times I would hear something on the north side of this trail pacing my steps. I always thought it was a deer but after reading the other comments I have to wonder what 2 specific events were really about.

Weird event #1: We were on the exposed ledge on the west side near the fire-lookout tower at the top in the middle of the day, behind us to the east there were stubby trees/brush. Something started making a racket in those woods, the way the tops of the trees were moving in a small area (30ft wide, just far enough into the thicket so we could not see) it was like king kong was going nuts. We thought maybe a couple of moose were fighting but whatever it was stopped after a couple of minutes and never was seen. I'm not sure how to convey just how much movement was going on, the tops of the trees we could see were thrashing every-which way, the only animal in Maine that might be able to do that is a large moose but... I keep telling myself that.

Weird event #2: I was heading down from the top on an overcast day, just me and the dog. A short way down there is an area with lots of wispy evergreen trees with few low branches. There was very little undergrowth so I could see down to my left at least a couple of hundred feet between widely spaced trees. I heard something down that way. I'm on a steep trail, like going down a flight of stairs and I hear something heavy suddenly running toward me. It sounded like a buffalo, like a heavy 4 legged animal with hooves, running very fast uphill. Whatever it was I could not see it and it sounded like it stopped maybe 50ft away... creeped me out, the dog did not react. I was really puzzled why I could not see what I heard... guessing by the sound it must have moved 150-200 feet toward me in an area I could see quite well. Moose don't run like buffalo, their legs are long, they have a different gait... this sounded like a buffalo running fast.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TryAndStopTheFuture555

I am carrying a nuke

Is all that came up on NSA computers.... LOL

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

if I ever see mantis man Ill literally just die.

big bugs = waking nightmare from which there would be no return.

lol

anyway, something is at the very least eating small pets. but I agree: I think perhaps these creepy cryptids might play a bigger role in missing persons cases. the thought itself is terrifying because there is likely truth to it.

so, never go somewhere alone/where nobody else knows where you are. travel in groups (packs), have the ability to make fire, and trust your instincts. and never stray from the path. even if youre familiar with the forest it can still be easy to get lost if you aren't a pro/scout. wilderness survival can be tricky from what I hear.

there is something going on.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: snowen20

Lol you are prolly right, then again I couldn't care less for NSA flags

Hey NSA....... BOO

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I dont think it is down to running or not running. follow your instinct and do what you can to survive. but I have heard ( regarding known large predators/animals) that running = prey and prey gets hunted down.

avoid eye contact at all costs imo. and dont let the fear totally anchor you down. get out of the area asap but do so as smart as you can...ie: no funny movements. take it nice and easy.

but what works for some prob doesnt work for all because people go missing all of the time. so yeah. idk if there is a real answer for this. it is all situational

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join