It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do ghosts wear clothes. WTF! They have no bodies!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I have seen a ghost. I even gave an account here,

I saw a Ghost

Why are they clothed in every accounting of them.

People have near death experiences and everyone is clothed.

It just seems a bit weird!

One expects a ghost to be like Casper

But no, every account of seeing ghosts or seeing heaven or bright lights with your already departed loved ones, has everyone clothed.

Why? What would be the point, you left your body in the graveyard or had it cremated.

Any ideas.

I don't really mind. If Aunt Ethel is going to haunt you, better she is clothed than have her naked form flying around, but it is still strange.

P

edit on 28/1/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/1/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358 Because what people think they are seeing is from their own imagination.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

well as always, THE BRAIN, is my explanation. Like when someone sat in a chair in the corner of a room, for years, after he's gone, your brain still assumes he is sitting in the chair if you unfocusedly look over the room.
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopWednesdayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: in room wromm

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Just because you're dead doesn't mean you can't have style.

There are actually reports of naked ghosts, however they are not as common.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Well then, hopefully someone on ATS is from a family of practicing nudists and can clear that point up.

Would be interesting.

P

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
You are seeing bleed through from a tragic event that has massive levels of emotion attached to it echoing back through time. Simply put you are seeing an event or person from this event and not some ghosty spirit.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Just because you're dead doesn't mean you can't have style.

There are actually reports of naked ghosts, however they are not as common.

Does that suggest that those who see naked ghosts are pervs, peeping toms or sex maniacs

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
You are seeing bleed through from a tragic event that has massive levels of emotion attached to it echoing back through time. Simply put you are seeing an event or person from this event and not some ghosty spirit.

Plausable! Time overlaps i.e. the past can be seen in the present and maybe visa versa

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

Not in my case. The ghost I saw died peacefully at an old age, or rather the man did. Lol.

Apart from that, I understand what you are suggesting.

P:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   

It's because of the ghost's residual self image.

They also wear clothes because they don't want to scare people......
edit on 28-1-2015 by SkippyBalls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Cos without them dear Pheonix358 you couldn't see them silly.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Explore the concept of "residual self image" in spiritual terms.

a reply to: mazzroth

There's ghosts attached to places sometimes too. Either they're stuck for a while or someone else is "wearing" the discarded etheric body of the by then departed spirit.

Or so they say at least.

I would imagine some are adept enough to project certain sensations or possibly alter their appearance. Why are they trying to scare people though? My guess would be loosh. Hungry, hungry ghost. Pun intended.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Is it the opposite of déjà vue ?
Maybe vue déjà ?

Just saying
edit on 28-1-2015 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I saw his face well enough.

You score a Lol for that one.

P

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
With all the accounts of time slips I have read here lately, I am more inclined to believe that what we call ghosts or spirits, are more likely glimpses into another time. If Einstein's conclusion is correct, and the past, present, and future all exist simultaneously, then perhaps these times can overlap, giving us a momentary glimpse into another era. In many accounts, ghosts are seen in period clothing, going about their usual routine, passing through a hallway, peering through a window, etc. Along that same line of thought, we may be seen as "ghosts" to the people who occupy the same space as us in the future.
Editing to clarify.. what we refer to as "the future."
edit on 28-1-2015 by 321equinox because: .

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 321equinox

I think there are both spirits and the phenomena you speak off and they are two different things.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

That is a very interesting take on this question and the much wider area of the paranormal.

Any further reading hints?

P

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
REAL ghosts don't.. and by real i mean somewhat formless entity's like a big cloud of smoke.
Those ones make you feel rather unhinged, as if your seeing something you shouldn't have.

The ones in clothes i believe to not be actual ghosts, but "replays" of past events, images burnt into ion ferrite or similar geological minerals.. like your old VCR works, these anomaly can be timed to an almost exact hour, normally linked to the time of whatever high energy event that transpired shortly before ones passing.

Having seen (lived with) both, there is a huge difference between the two "anomalous entity's"

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkippyBalls

I think there are both spirits and the phenomena you speak off and they are two different things.

Very much so. Western Science always likes one nicely packaged explanation for everything without understanding that many facets of our existence overlap tremendously.

The tenants of modern science, that of peer reviewed experiments that any one should be able to do with the right equipment, gets in the way of investigating anything to do with the paranormal.

Science does not want to find out how Fido finds his way home traveling hundreds of miles because you need Fido for the experiment and Fido is never available. Science tends to shrug its collective shoulders and say, "Meh."

So yes, there can be more than one explanation for what appears to us as similar events.

P

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The full apparition I saw (and heard) in Japan was fully clothed. Why? I don't know. My guess - It's what they are used to so that's how they manifest themselves. If you think about it, spooks don't need bodies either and yet they manifest looking as they did in life. Other spooks I've seen have been vapor or shadows or balls of light.

Some of these questions can't be answered until we are dead.
Then we'll know the full story.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join