It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do ghosts wear clothes. WTF! They have no bodies!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It helps to have someone share the experience. In my case it was my dog who acted so far out of character that I knew what I was seeing was not normal. Dogs don't lie, so I could trust his reaction.

P

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
People are just too prudish to say they saw a naked ghost with it's spectral junk swinging around in a spooky manner......

Gross naked ghosts would kill the mystical side to any account of such things and bring it back to reality.
edit on 28-1-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Ghosts appear as they were in life, and none of them pranced around nude. And if they want someone to recognize them (like a relative or loved one), they want to appear as they did in Life - clothed.

Most ghosts (according to the ghost hunting shows) appear as just a ball of white light. They are still tied to that location, either dying there and/or still held there by an evil spirit to be used as a "battery" of energy.

Amnesia is a rare mental disorder, but one thing researchers found is that even with no conscious memory, Amnesiacs will never do something that they wouldn't have done with their memory. So the idea of a "subconscious morality" might also apply to souls trapped as ghosts.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
So, I guess when I come back, I won't have on anything but gym shorts and flops? Or are you stuck with what you're buried in?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Here's another:

Why don't they fall through the floor?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Why would a ghost look like casper and why wouldn't a ghost wear clothing?

This world we're in is just dense waves, we're wearing holographic clothing too!

I'm not spending my eternity looking like casper. I like beautiful human looks myself, and love fashion, and infinite progression, infinite life, isn't devoid of anything wonderful.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Ghost tend to be a reflection of what their were in the their former self in life, that is the image they reflect to those that they choose to show themselves too.

But we all know that once we leave our earthy body behind we are nothing but beings of pure light.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
There has been reports of apparitions without clothes, often near where tragic events have unfolded. It is said that they can choose how to appear when manifesting in our view.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: mazzroth
You are seeing bleed through from a tragic event that has massive levels of emotion attached to it echoing back through time. Simply put you are seeing an event or person from this event and not some ghosty spirit.

Plausable! Time overlaps i.e. the past can be seen in the present and maybe visa versa

After many years pondering the concept of "ghosts", that is the conclusion that I reached.

Most "ghost" sightings are benign. The apparition is seen in period-clothing, doing normal daily activities. If it were actually the "spirit" of a dead person, why would it be dressed in clothing acting as though it's oblivious to the world around it?

I think that ghosts are really a form of time dilation that we do not understand. The other possible explanation is an imprint of energy on a particular physical location. Note that the vast majority of ghost sightings occur in old buildings or in places where a high level of energy was produced like battlefields.

Obviously, "poltergeists" are a different phenomena altogether and I believe they are more likely to be some sort of interdimensional interference.
edit on 1/28/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Sometimes it's what they were wearing or what they were buried in or perhaps something they favored.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The answer is very simple. They have clothes for the same reason we wear clothes in our dreams.

Hint: there is a deep implication here about the nature of our dreams and ghosts.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I can fully understand what you are saying, and to a degree, I can agree with you.

However, like in my experience, We lived in a brand new home, which my Father and Uncle had built.

I think in my situation, I was with an angel. At the time I had no fear.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
There seem to be four general answers coming through.

1 Ghosts don't exist. This comes from people who have never seen one.

2 The clothes come from our minds.

3 The ghosts wear clothes because they want to.

4 Some ghosts are ghosts and some are time warp events.

Thank you all so far for the interesting read.

P

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
So, I guess when I come back, I won't have on anything but gym shorts and flops? Or are you stuck with what you're buried in?

I find that as I get older, I want to go to bed in nice pajammies, just in case......

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat

I can fully understand what you are saying, and to a degree, I can agree with you.

However, like in my experience, We lived in a brand new home, which my Father and Uncle had built.

I think in my situation, I was with an angel. At the time I had no fear.

Was the house built in a spot where no one had ever been?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Yes, it was land that had been in the family for many years. It had always just been an empty lot that we played in as children and before that, just a nice big yard, that took 1/2 a day to mow. LOL

<< 1  2    4 >>

join