It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Bans - Where will it end?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Jesus Christ. You can't actually believe this can you?

I am shocked. You must be trolling. No one would actually believe any of what you wrote

She doesn't believe it, but allows herself to continue with the illusion because it also dulls the pain...this is what every addict desperate to hold on to their addiction does.

This is how they ignore the please from family and friends, the stern warnings from doctors, the exterior signs of degenerating health, and the reasoned comments from a society that no longer pities them, but now reviles them.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: thebtheb

You're right. We shouldn't have to breathe exhaust fumes. There are many organizations today trying hard to promote elctric cars, and eliminate internal combustion engines. You might want to check in with them to see how you can help, if you're interested.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

ok so now you are King of the World

You will decide for me how I choose to die and I must choose an increased risk of losing my mind!

Get stuffed. I would rather be in horrendous pain and barely able to draw breathe as opposed to having lost my mind.

That is not your choice but it is mine and my right to choose.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

I can provide links and scientific proof of every claim I have made.

I have asked you to google "smoker's Parodox" Did you?

Obviously you didn't - mainly because you don't want to know - so what would be the value of proving you with even more links?

You can believe or not as you please - but you cannot change the facts. Anyone reading this can google the information I have stated. And you can't stop them from doing so.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks
I have googled smokers paradox and it comes up with a lot more stuff about how smoking is bad for your health. Can you be more specific in what we should be looking at?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

of course

www.medpagetoday.com...

Then there is this study - a study comparing smoking patients against non-smoking patients of heart transpant

Smoker's lungs better for transplant than non-smokers lungs

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Non-smokers performed relatively poorly in the short term with 77.7 per cent of transplant patients surviving one year compared to 90.8 per cent with smokers' lungs. There was no significant difference in the overall effectiveness of the lungs, time spent in intensive care and in hospital. André Simon, director of heart and lung transplantation and consultant cardiac surgeon at Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Trust, said: 'Donor lungs from even heavy smokers may provide a valuable avenue for increasing donor organ availability.' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

(this one proves the lie that "smokers lungs are black and dripping with tar" No doctor would use a black lung for transplant. Black lung disease is a specific disease discovered in coal minor's not smokers)

Excuse me this is taking awhile but I am looking specifically for a paper written showing that nicotene specifically encourages the growth of blood capillaries. I will post it as soon as I find it.

The anti-smokers definitely do now want the public to believe that there is any health advantage to smoking. That is why they call it a "paradox"

oh here it is

news.healingwell.com...

Nicotine may not be all bad: A study found it stimulated new blood vessel growth in mice by actively signaling their bone marrow to release vessel-forming adult stem cells. The finding might translate to the use someday of nicotine as a means of helping wound healing and other conditions where new blood vessel growth is key, experts say. It also gives insight into unwanted vessel growth, such as that which happens during tumor formation.

You will notice that this is not a statistical study - its an actual biological finding conducted in a lab by real scientists and not activist scientists, who will produce whatever result you want if you want to pay the cash
Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

There there is this study of the effect of elevated carbon monoxide blood levels in Pre-eclampsia

journals.plos.org.../journal.pone.0106502

Preeclampsia (PE) remains a leading cause of maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality worldwide. Smoking cigarettes is associated with a decreased incidence of PE. Based on this observation and previous work, we hypothesize that women who smoke have a lower risk of developing PE because of elevated levels of carbon monoxide (CO) in their blood. The objective of this study was to determine if low-dose CO in ambient air could attenuate the late pregnancy hypertension (HTN) and proteinuria in the Adenovirus (Ad) sFlt-1 PE-like mouse model. Continuous low-dose CO treatment (250 ppm) was started on E10.5 and maintained until E17.5. Compared to control and Ad empty vector, AdsFlt-1 mice displayed late- gestation HTN (E14.5–17.5) (P

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer

You're right. We shouldn't have to breathe exhaust fumes. There are many organizations today trying hard to promote elctric cars, and eliminate internal combustion engines. You might want to check in with them to see how you can help, if you're interested.

I'm not interested in owning a car at all, even if it were electric. I like to walk/cycle, and during winter/cold months, public transportation. Public transportation should be a LAW. Driving within a city should be restricted. Driving period should be restricted. If you don't need to do it, you should not be able to drive two blocks to the store, etc. Cities should spend much more money on public transportation. Cars should be used less and less, even electric ones. They have taken over most North American cities to a ridiculous level.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: centhwevir1979

Newsflash for you, there is no benefit (excepting a perceived, psychological benefit that can be achieved other ways,) to tobacco use or its active components. Nicotine ought to be Schedule 1. Nobody cares about smokers doing it off by themselves, frankly breathing secondhand smoke gives me a terrible headache. Obviously that is toxicity at work. When I get ripped, I am doing it where nobody else is forced to inhale it. It's called respect.

Again, I don't know why everyone is all "I don't want to inhale your smoke." It's not like anyone is making you anymore. Smoking laws are so bloody strict, what is your problem anymore?

And actually, I'm not pro smoking or anything, BUT.... tobacco actually does do some positive things. It's been shown to definitely get rid of depression. Many people didn't know they had depression until they quit smoking. They have studied this. And personally: if I had depression, I'd rather smoke than go on anti-depressants which can cause: suicide, obesity, diabetes, loss of libido, etc. That is such a case where smoking could be considered to have a positive effect for some people. It also curbs ADHD. Again though, it's like I would promote smoking to anyone, ever, but I am saying it's not all bad!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I think it is safe to say it is probably the nicottine that is helping those conditions, not the act of smoking. There are much safer ways to get nicottine. I would hope you wouldn't start smoking just to avoid taking a pill. That honestly sounds pretty stupid.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Your first link the authors specifically state you cant draw the conclusions you seem based on the study due to small sample size and other limitations.
The second is from the daily mail which is infamous for its medical reporting but even aside from that the obvious question seems to be how many smokers lungs are rejected for use in transplant.
The third link again specifically points out that you cant draw the conclusion that smoking is good for you. It covers inhaled nicotine, not cigarette smoke.

edit on 28-1-2015 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: centhwevir1979

newsflash for YOU

Smoking has very big benefits.

The act of oxidizing nicotene (burning) changes nicotene to vitamen B12 (nicotenic acid or niacin as its best known). This is the same vitamin which is added to your bread. However, inhaling B12 in the smoke allows the vitamin to cross the blood brain barrier quite easily.

This effect is responsible for the decreased risk of Alzeimer's and Parkinson's disease. There have been over 50 studies world wide to confirm this. As a non-smoker, you may or may not live about 8 years longer than me but You are more likely to spend those 8 years, drooling in your diapers in some nursing home.

Children exposed of smokers have a far low risk of developing asthma and allergies and spending their entire lives as cripples

Smokers have a higher chance of surviving heart attacks. Nicotene causes rapid capillory growth after any injury
Google "Smoker's Paradox"

Smoking assists in boosting concentration when concentration is required for tasks.

Smoking energizes people.

Smoking is relaxing.

Smoking controls wieght (its no accident that as people quit smoking, they got fatter)

Smoking provides pleasure for those who smoke. Smoking also potentiates other pleasures, like a beer, sex, socializing or just day dreaming.

Tired of Control Freaks

Lol now I see what is going on. I hope you don't believe every thing you read on the internet. I would love to be a fly on the wall of your life as you go around espousing the benefits of smoking cigs and telling everyone why they should start immediately. Hilarious.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Your link for preeclampsia isn't working but I am willing to bet that it doesn't say the average outcome for pregnancy is better if the expectant mother smokes.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Thats where you are wrong, smoking is excellent for everyone including baby! What better way to regulate moms weight and get mom and baby all the vit. B-12 they could want then by smoking your ass off while pregnant? Don't believe all the lies about cancer and emphysema, smoking is the best healthy thing you can do, especially if you have depression or ADHD, or just need to concentrate on a task!

I hope the 50's smoking commercials come back and tiredofcontrolfreaks is their spokes person.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve
Personally I liked the smoking camel. Animals that smoke are cool.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
A quick google search seems to totally debunk smoking as preventing Alzheimer's as well. www.skeptical-science.com...
edit on 28-1-2015 by ScepticScot because: link added

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Every single threads I see from you have to do with your own stupid right to smoke and kill yourself.
Is there anything else important in your pathetic life?

This bill won't pass, people can do whatever they want in their homes.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
OMG, now I understand...

You are payed by tobacco companies to spit out BS on ATS!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Yea I don't like calling people shills on this website, but the way tocf posts, he can only either be:
A) a tobacco rep/shill
B) SUPER selfish
C) a troll.

I guess he could also be a combination of the three as well.
edit on 28-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

ajcn.nutrition.org...

Results: After correction for dietary intake, the smokers displayed lower plasma, erythrocyte, and buccal mucosal cell (BMC) folate (20%, 32%, and 50% lower, respectively; P < 0.05) and lower plasma vitamin B-12 and pyridoxal 5-phosphate (P < 0.05) than did nonsmokers.

If you say so.

originally posted by: thebtheb
Again, I don't know why everyone is all "I don't want to inhale your smoke." It's not like anyone is making you anymore. Smoking laws are so bloody strict, what is your problem anymore?

Except for my literal only other option is to say, not breathe and suffocate. By smoking around others, smokers 100% do force other people to breathe their smoke. Especially when they walk around crowds holding lit cigs, or when they stand right next to doorways, or, even better, when they stand next to building air intakes.
edit on 28-1-2015 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2015 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join