It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Security Council Session on Ukraine - Latest updates

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Looks like an emergency meeting of the UNSC is suppose to occur on Monday reference Ukraine and whats occurred.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

SIGH ...great ,have they proposed the US to attack yet?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Nothing of any signifiance will happen. Russia will just do an 'America protects Israel by Veto' type action and then every thing continues

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

GOOD.
Now all we have to do is keep the RIGHT in check now that they will come into power in the US.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

When you're in you're in and you take over, you take over the mind set.

And yet we never annex anything in that country unlike what Russia does.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

For anyone interested about if there are Western mercenaries in the Ukraine like I speculated, I just posted the evidence in the thread about it Here.

First off that thread proved nothing when you posted the info, so why do you think it does now?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

When you're in you're in and you take over, you take over the mind set.

And yet we never annex anything in that country unlike what Russia does.

What the
You're whole country is one piece of stolen land. Unless you are a native? To sort of quote Goering during the Nuremberg trials "what did we do different to the Americans" regarding your equally death rolling conquests of foreign peoples lands. I think statistically the Americna were far more efficient killers of minorities than the Nazis if we assess the figures.

Anyway back on topic. Russia is just taking back what belongs to it tsurfer. I am no Russian fan club member, I do see issues with Russian politcs and foreign policy, but so called Ukraine was never a real country it was always ruled by Moscow. To not understand this is to not understand the Russians.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I've watched the video, it appears to be a reiteration of past events, Ukraine needs humanitarian aid, a need for a ceasefire and how the Minsk protocol should be respected. Weird moment when the Russian representative began about the KKK (@38 mins) and something about the west wanting Nazi ideology.

There appears to be an undertone of the UN wanting peace and diplomatic solutions and Russia not cooperating. It's all very civilized, I do wonder if this is something mandatory for going to war - how long will the west try diplomatic resolutions and when will the talking end and actions taken.

The New Zealand representative pointed out how there have been 27 meetings on the subject but with very little results. I doubt it'll be the last.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

You should brush up on the history of Russia before spouting off about stolen lands. The US is responsible for what came after 1776 +/-. Prior to that the blame is on our European cousins, including Russia might I add, who owned Alaska and territory stretching down to what is today Oregon before they sold it.

The US has well over 100+ sovereign Indian territories located throughout the US. The mother of all injustices is not fixed over night but progress has been made with our Native Americans.

How much progress has been made in Chechnya? I mean aside from the Russian occupation of it.

Here is a brief over view of Russia and the lands they invaded and then occupied-

edit on 25-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

The Chinese are already making in roads to South America and the Caribbean with loans totalling hundreds of billions already being metered out and Warships doing the rounds.

What did the US do?

They didn't invade Cuba, or Mexico, or Trinidad or any of the other countries in receipt of these loans and Warship visits that's for sure.

And the Russians, they are in negotiations for naval bases, intelligence installations and refuelling stops for strategic bombers with a number of South American nations...

What has the US done?

Certainly not invaded anyone....

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

What the You're whole country is one piece of stolen land.

Yes and it was taken by your country.

Or should I say your countrymen.

The Pilgrims were a group of people from Babworth, East Retford, and Nottinghamshire, England who came together around 1600.

ohiomayflower.org...

Good try, but history shows who did the stealing.

Russia is just taking back what belongs to it tsurfer.

Except it doesn't and hasn't since the early 90's, so why is it you think it does?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
What the
You're whole country is one piece of stolen land. Unless you are a native?

Perhaps you should go and see just how Russia got as big as it did itself....

Russian Empire

History of Siberia and the Russian Conquest of Siberia

Russo-Polish War (including how those "ethnic Russians" got into the Ukraine to begin with)

edit on 25/1/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
You shouldn't include Ukraine in that map, it's never been a real country. The other countries, Russia was invaded over and over and over again by so many countries it's astonishing, especially in around 1918 onwards. Then the Nazis. Then Americans tried to destroy it. Muslim terrorists. NATO. Oligarchs. The fact that Moscow is still in control today of the biggest nation on Planet Earth is actually incredible when one considers the last century.

While you're at it can you show us a map of countries invaded by the USA? Should be a good one, might as well paint the globe in Stars and Stripes

a reply to: Xcathdra

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Must admit the Brits are quite good at stealing land and resources from others. Go check out the City in London. One pinacle of wealth built on the backs of others. You Americans are the best at it though. Oh and Ukraine is not a real country it was always controlled by Moscow, until the USA formulated the break up of the USSR. They are now taking back what was theirs from what can only be described as thieves

a reply to: tsurfer2000h

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Ukraine belongs to Moscow whatever your history lesson says. Not Americans or Israeli passport holders. It is Russian

a reply to: stumason

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

To not understand this is to not understand the Russians.

And I take it this is wrong as you think Ukraine was always Russian land?

Why do Russians see Ukraine as theirs?
It's partly because both nations trace their roots back to the first East Slavic state, Kievan Rus, which stretched from the Baltic to the Black Sea from the 9th century to the mid-13th century. This medieval empire was founded, oddly enough, by Vikings — "Rus" is the Slavic word given to the red-haired Scandinavians — who swept down from the north in the 9th century, conquered the local Slavic tribes, and established their capital at Kiev.

theweek.com...

So it seems Russia took the land now known as Ukraine from from those who weren't Russian...so it seems Russia hasn't always owned Russia as some want to keep implying.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Would the esteemed member from the great state of denial yield for a question?

The US never tried to invade or destroy Russia.
Ukraine was a country long before Russia / USSR was one.
Russia signed off acknowledging Ukraine as a sovereign nation in the 90's with guarantees to her territorial integrity / sovereignty.
The West had NATO and the Russians had The Warsaw Pact.
The US left the countries in our control zone after WWII. Russia occupied hers until the collapse of the soviet union - See map I posted.

While you love going after the Us if you did research you would know the nation with the distinction of invading the most countries would be Great Britain / United Kingdom. They have invaded every single country on the planet with the exception of 22.

Shall we compare the Us invasions to the Russian invasions and actually look at why they occurred? We can start with Afghanistan if you want to. We invaded because they sheltered Bin Laden. The Russians invaded Afghanistan as a stepping stone to part of Pakistan. Russia (USSR) had the goal of running through Afghanistan to Pakistan and controlling the coast for access to warm waters ports and its proximity to the ME.

If I had to choose between living under US law or Russian law your dam right I would paint the entire globe in stars and stripes.

The cold war is over and the USSR is gone. Putin needs to understand that along with the fact respect is earned and not demanded followed up with a temper tantrum invasion and occupation of Ukraine.

Putin is isolating Russia again. If he bothered to learn history instead of lying about to make himself look like something he will never be he would have noticed the road he is on is the exact road the USSR was on when it collapsed.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Ukraine belongs to Moscow whatever your history lesson says. Not Americans or Israeli passport holders. It is Russian

a reply to: stumason

Wrong again..

It belongs to Ukrainians.

Just as Chechnya belongs to Chechens...
Just as Moldova belongs to Moldovans...
Just as Georgia belongs to Georgians...
Just as Armenia belongs to Armenians...

just as.... Just as..... just as...

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

You should brush up on the history of Russia before spouting off about stolen lands. The US is responsible for what came after 1776 +/-. Prior to that the blame is on our European cousins, including Russia might I add, who owned Alaska and territory stretching down to what is today Oregon before they sold it.

Is that just your interpretation or general accepted fact I wonder. Blame those who didn't go to the New World for taking native lands? Those who went to the New World did so because they wanted to, they weren't forced to go. Many left what is now Europe in hopes of getting land or for religious reasons. Those colonists could have stayed in Europe or went back when they disagreed about taking lands from the natives, but they didn't. They chose to leave the present day Europe and created a country to rule themselves. I just don't think it's right to put the blame on your 'European cousins', just an easy way out to live with a horrible page in history.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Oh Jesus, your history is wrong I don't know where to start.

Firstly, as far as Ukraine not being a "real country", it was. Founded by Viking settlers, Kiev was an independent state until devastated by the Golden Horde in the 13th century. From then on, they were under the yoke of various foreign oppressors, from the Polish, to the Russians.

As for Russia being "invaded over and over", that isn't true at all. Napoleon invaded in the early 1800's and from then on, they were relatively invasion free (aside from a small skirmish here and there which were largely of their own doing) until World War 1 when Russia invaded Prussia in August 1914. As a result of the arse-kicking they got from the Germans, they had a revolution and withdrew from the War.

They were relatively uninvaded up until WW2 from that point, when they decided to invade Poland in conjunction with Nazi Germany with the signing of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact

They then got invaded by the Germans as they themselves were preparing for War with Germany - Germany just got in the first punch.

The US (and the West) stood against the Soviets because at the time they were pushing for Worldwide export of the Communist ideology and had already invaded Eastern European nations, culminating in Hungary in the 1950's. It is no wonder the rest of Europe banded together and formed NATO.

As for the "Muslim terrorists" and "oligarchs", that has bog all to do with the West and is more a symptom of Russia piss-poor ability to run itself properly and in a humane fashion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join