It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Security Council Session on Ukraine - Latest updates

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
For those who are interested here is the link to UN TV. Its the UNSC meeting dealing solely with Ukraine with latest updates and briefings from the Undersecretary General. The meeting occurred on the 21st but was only placed into their archival section today.

The video is about 2 hours long. I am not going to try and cover what they are individually discussing as they go around from rep to rep.

Again this is merely for anyone interested in this topic. The link below is for English. If English is not your primary language there is a box with other languages.

UNTV - UNSC Ukraine 2015 - English
edit on 23-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
For those who are interested here is the link to UN TV. Its the UNSC meeting dealing solely with Ukraine with latest updates and briefings from the Undersecretary General. The meeting occurred on the 21st but was only placed into their archival section today.

The video is about 2 hours long. I am not going to try and cover what they are individually discussing as they go around from rep to rep.

Again this is merely for anyone interested in this topic. The link below is for English. If English is not your primary language there is a box with other languages.

UNTV - UNSC Ukraine 2015 - English

Thanks for the post.

I am interested.

Although I work on the development side of UN activities, I have a UN pass and have been meaning to make the time to go over to one of the UN Security Council meetings. The problem is some are closed and some aren't.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I really wish it was something I should be interested in.

The UN should have been a relevant body.

Unfortunately, man got involved and made it an irrelevant self serving narcissistic entity.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The comments I heard sounds like various countries are coming close to ending the same meeting they have had 27 times over the last year.

Same issue with same Russian lies and denials.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Without actual having seen this video, I can summarize what has been going on in the Ukraine.

Ukraine kept shelling the Eastern Ukrainian civilians despite the ceasefire and didn`t wanted to go along with more autonomy of Eastern Ukraine (they only have pretended to do so). The Separatists (and probably Russia) have given them one other change and they didn`t take it again, so now the Separatists (and Russians...?) are on the offensive to take the whole regions Luhansk and Dontesk themselves (according to the leader of DPR they go up to the border).

Right now it seems Ukraine is losing and is in retreat despite counter attacks, and there`s an offensive on the whole front going on.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
Without actual having seen this video, I can summarize what has been going on in the Ukraine.

It is more than just that. they also discuss other issues relating to whats going on. they address the claims all sides are making and go back and forth.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Right now it seems Ukraine is losing and is in retreat despite counter attacks, and there`s an offensive on the whole front going on.

This UNSC crying is happening because Ukorps are getting major spanking in last few days and most probably because of escalation of Russian troops and machines in the theatre.

UNSC remains quiet when innocent civilians are killed and maimed by the indiscriminate shelling coming from Junta forces but the same UNSC starts to whine when criminals are given the hard treatment by the NAF.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Indeed.

I saw the first 45 minutes, 30 minutes of propaganda with a couple of facts, after that 15 minutes with more propaganda but also more facts in less time.

Anyone who actual have followed it knows Kiev/the West tries to make it look like they were the ones trying to get peace and Russia is at fault for it failing, but Kiev was the one going on with levelling residential areas.

Lots of cry about the Minsk agreement, but the leader of DPR already has stated there is no agreement anymore.

Ukrainian army gets hammered now, I wonder if they will quite at the borders of Luhanks and Dontesk or if they will push even further making a land bridge to Crimea.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

UNSC remains quiet when innocent civilians are killed and maimed by the indiscriminate shelling coming from Junta forces but the same UNSC starts to whine when criminals are given the hard treatment by the NAF.

Really?

maybe you should talk to the Russian government then and ask them why they have done nothing in the UN to address the issue. So far all the Russian rep has done is bitched about nothing.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
No wonder Russia is acting the way it is at the UN. USA wants to move further towards the Russian border NATOising more of East Europe. It's no wonder China and Russia are peeved the the USA, China suffering the same with USA occupying South Korea and Japan (they never go home after destroying the enemy) and ramping up arms commitments to East Asia. Ukraine is part of Russias agenda and always has been.

Love to see the Yankess faces if China stationed troops in Mexico and Russia stationed troops in Canada after creating and funding NGOs to economically and politically colonise through the back door. Because that's exactly what it's like America

a reply to: BornAgainAlien

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

In order for US forces to remain in countries the country in question must approve it. Or did you forget the Philippines asked the US to leave, which we did. They asked us back because of, wait for it.. Chinese aggression.

We are in S. Korea not only by the S. Korean governments consent, but also under UN mandate. Since you seem lost on history the Korean war never ended in a peace treaty - It ended in a cease fire and all sides remain technically at war.

We also left Iraq as we were asked to do.
We are leaving Afghanistan.
We left European countries in our control zone after WWII and in all of those cases the US never annexed them nor remained in them without the consent of the government.

Russia cannot make the same claims.

Eastern Europe is not controlled by Moscow anymore. Something putin seems to be lost on, not to mention a number of people on this site. In order for a country to join NATO requires all members to approve it. Since those countries were occupied by Nazis and then the USSR for over 50 years I cant blame them for wanting to run in the other direction and form / join an alliance to ensure they are never occupied again.

A war against China would not last long since they have absolutely no force projection ability. If they did Taiwan would most likely have been invaded by China.

If China cant project force 100 +/- miles to Taiwan then the US is out of reach. If your going to invoke the nuke argument like everyone else please remember the US has nukes also. NATO article 5 applies to the US and Canada so if china were to attack the US they would get a NATO response.

As for colonization that road runs both ways. Brush up on the number of Chinese citizens currently residing inside Russian borders in the far east. Xenophobic mentality aside do you honestly believe China will sacrifice its own governments self preservation by going down with Putins ship?

Is there any particular reason you guys are always wanting a war with the US?

edit on 24-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: victor7

Really?

maybe you should talk to the Russian government then and ask them why they have done nothing in the UN to address the issue. So far all the Russian rep has done is bitched about nothing.

As if bringing matters to UN is going to have "EVILNESS" stop ignoring its "IMMORAL" acts.

AngloSaxons will listen and abide to ONLY ONE language and that is OVERWHELMING BRUTE FORCE.

And don't despair Brussles, DC and London, that Brute Force is coming in your direction!!

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

You failed to say that this is your worldview and any summary you come up with will paint the Ukrainians in a poor light compared to the enlightened seperatists and the Godling, Putin.

The fact is that this is a very confused situation with direct interferrence and support from Russia. Russia can stop this mayhem by stopping support for the pro-Russian seperatists.

The increased violence of the last few days follows the failure of a Putin plan, showing Russia cna turn the pressure up when it suits.

Regards
edit on 24/1/2015 by paraphi because: typo

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
These guys don't want war with the USA Xcathdra. Indeed I usually support the USA and the good it has done for the world. But you can not push other world powers like you are doing. Russia is the biggest country on Planet Earth and you Americans seem obsessed by nibbling away at its near abroad, indeed have forced its disintegration as the USSR. Russia still had its influence over its near abroad, sure let the Czechs and Poles etc have their independence back but Ukraine etc? These were never independent nations. They have always been part of Russia. By forcing them away from Moscows orbit you will get a response. You Americans think Moscow takes it lying down when foreigners try to steal its near abroad, well you are wrong, ask France or Germany what happens when you thieve from the Bear

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Added to which you are still in Iraq. You are still in Afghanistan. You are certainly still in Germany, certainly still in Korea, undoubtably still in Japan. When you beat a foreign nation you don't ever go home you always stay in one form or another. Only exception - NAM

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

When you beat a foreign nation you don't ever go home you always stay in one form or another.

And if that country asks us to leave we will...such as we did in the Phillipines only to have them ask us back.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

When you beat a foreign nation you don't ever go home you always stay in one form or another.

And if that country asks us to leave we will...such as we did in the Phillipines only to have them ask us back.

You stay because you control the mind set. You eliminate the previous politics then create 'democracy.' But it doesn't matter what the people think just waht politicians you have influence over. When you're in you're in and you take over, you take over the mind set.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
For anyone interested about if there are Western mercenaries in the Ukraine like I speculated, I just posted the evidence in the thread about it Here.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

For anyone interested about if there are Western mercenaries in the Ukraine like I speculated, I just posted the evidence in the thread about it Here.

A 2 second time frame where a person in uniform asks the journalist to get out of his way in English is absolutely NOT proof of US mercenaries in Ukraine. The United States is not the only country that speaks English.

Nice try.

Here is your source -
MTV News

edit on 24-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Here are 75 lies Russian media has told - Courtesy of StopFake.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join