It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Finally Admits "Serious Factual Error" In Segment About Muslim "Zones"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

IF your going to call out Fox News for 'lying' you have to call ALL of them out for lying.

Fox,MSNBC,CBS,ABC,NBC, and politicians themselves.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

IF your going to call out Fox News for 'lying' you have to call ALL of them out for lying.

Why? This thread is about FOX. Not the others. We have threads on those as well.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

What is absurd is the ENDLESS fox threads.

ALL politics is a lie.

But hey demagogue one out of them all.

And the endless Muslim threads are created due to Fox News and OTHER media outlets misrepresented views on the matter. Whether you like it or not, enough of the population soak it up and act upon false information.

All politics are a lie? I guess you've been making a career at ATS based on lies then.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: neo96

I get that but, as has been pointed out, this stuff was complete fabrication.

Regardless as to whether individual posters here watch it or not, can you not see the danger in a national news broadcaster simply making something up and calling it "news" ?

So basically people are too dumb to make up their own minds.

The danger here is those that profess the freedom of speech. Doesn't mean it.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Fox,MSNBC,CBS,ABC,NBC, and politicians themselves.

I do... In fact, I just got done telling you that I do. Though this particular thread is about Fox and its spreading of Islamophobia propaganda. How much of that is spread by the left leaning media outlets exactly?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
What a surprise. Fox News spouting unvetted "news stories." To quote Clark Griswold "I wouldn't be more surprised if I woke up and my head was sewn to the carpet."

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

And the endless Israel threads are created due to (insert media source) and OTHER media outlets misrepresented views on the matter. Whether you like it or not, enough of the population soak it up and act upon false information.

And the endless banker threads are created due to (insert media source) and OTHER media outlets misrepresented views on the matter. Whether you like it or not, enough of the population soak it up and act upon false information.

And the endless COP threads are created due to (insert media source) and OTHER media outlets misrepresented views on the matter. Whether you like it or not, enough of the population soak it up and act upon false information.

List goes on.

All politics are a lie? I guess you've been making a career at ATS based on lies then.

Don't get paid for it unlike politicians.

'I' have been eh?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

But, but...that's demagoguing.

verb (used with object), demagogued, demagoguing.
to treat or manipulate (a political issue) in the manner of a demagogue; obscure or distort with emotionalism, prejudice, etc.

dictionary.reference.com...

Even though Fox admits to this. Though "manipulating" IS something they are very good at. They must be demagoguing themselves.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The problem is that people ARE dumb - and possibly thats what the intent of the piece was, to feed misinformation to dumb people, who then go out and vote in a certain way, or express certain views simply because someone on the TV said it

And yes, there are people out there like that.

People don't want to find out things for themselves, a lot simply prefer to parrot it, hence the plethora of "muslims don't say anything about terrorism", "they hate us for our freedoms" and other assorted slabs of ignorance and intolerance that sprouted on ATS every single day by people who simply do not, will not and can't conceive that what they might see or hear on TV from a news channel is complete and utter BS

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Yes, your point is taken and I agree. I will contribute "accordingly" to your next political thread.

Please remember, there are people on this website that don't see as clearly as you and I.

I thought ATS was a platform to educate and awaken people, no?

Which by the way, you are helping to do in your own special way.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

All politics is misinformation.

No one will argue that Fox is not a political channel.

Just as the rest of them are political channels.

They all cater to specific viewpoints.

I watch Fox, but I go out in the real world to see what is what.

, a lot simply prefer to parrot

I agree with this, and it is not limited to Fox or your example:

hence the plethora of "muslims don't say anything about terrorism", "they hate us for our freedoms" and other assorted slabs of ignorance and intolerance that sprouted on ATS every single day by people who simply do not

Numerous other examples exist.

Bankers,corporations,gun owners,police,christians,jews, and every other 'issue'.

And this is basically why American politics is the pot calling the kettle.

Two sides have their villain's from nothing more what they see on tv, or read here.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

"In February 2003, Fox appealed the decision and an appellate court and had it overturned. Fox lawyers argued it was their first amendment right to report false information. In a six-page written decision, the Court of Appeals decided the FCC’s position against news distortion is only a “policy,” not a “law, rule, or regulation.”

www.philly2philly.com...

This is a lie. Is the irony of your belief in a fabrication lost on you? The story you posted even admits its a lie at the end of the story......

www.snopes.com...
edit on 19-1-2015 by Dr0neT3k because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2015 by Dr0neT3k because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

This happened on Fox News, why would I talk about the others? I'm sure their time will come. This is current and affects they way many people think and feel at the moment.

The point is you all only care if you can blame Fox for lying, but all the other media lies get a pass from your outrage. When NBC edit 911 tapes to incite racial tensions, there was very little outrage from anyone but the Fox crowd.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr0neT3k

The point is you all only care if you can blame Fox for lying, but all the other media lies get a pass from your outrage.

Nice blanket statement and a complete fabrication. Do you work for the MSM? You come off as an ATS "expert" and blanket statements aren't a good way to get your point across on here.

NOWHERE in my posting history do I sympathize with ANY media outlet.

This was an "incident" in a sea of media lies and I would hope myself and all other members here take the time to highlight each and every one of them from as many different sources as possible. It happened to be Fox's turn this time. You are completely wrong and ignorant to believe that if CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, etc. were in the headlines that I would not act upon it.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
So if this is a total fabrication by FOX please explain these ....

From 2011 www.frontpagemag.com... -go-zones/

www.cbn.com... -under-Attack-in-Muslim-Areas/

2012 www.clarionproject.org... rborn-no-go-zone-where-islam-rules-and-christians-are-stoned

2014 europenews.dk...

Just some random links found in a minute or two. Seems it isn't a new Idea.

Maybe they don't exist, maybe someone doesn't want you to know they do.
edit on 19-1-2015 by Primordial because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2015 by Primordial because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The only no go zones in the world, beyond primitive societies, are the rich, white enclaves in Europe and the US, where if your not white and the right kind of looking white you dare not enter, unless you’re a well known butler, flunky, gardener or garbage collector.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Maybe a bit far fetched but in the Netherlands today in The Hague eleven jihadists fled to Syria after the the attacks on Charlie Habdo. And one of the terrorists killed in the belgium police raid had a Dutch passport.

How many are there still waiting for orders ? Not that it fears me I don't see Muslims as a threat in my country . And I'm not thinking they will start another major attack somewhere soon.
So he wasn't that far off I think. But tell me how serious do we have to take his statement in my point of view?
edit on 0b48America/ChicagoMon, 19 Jan 2015 15:31:48 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 19 Jan 2015 15:31:48 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
ATS had a post about the one in France!
any one remember?
or was That deleted to?

In a war you take land!

edit on 19-1-2015 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Primordial
So if this is a total fabrication by FOX please explain these ....

From 2011 www.frontpagemag.com... -go-zones/

www.cbn.com... -under-Attack-in-Muslim-Areas/

2012 www.clarionproject.org... rborn-no-go-zone-where-islam-rules-and-christians-are-stoned

2014 europenews.dk...

Just some random links found in a minute or two. Seems it isn't a new Idea.

Maybe they don't exist, maybe someone doesn't want you to know they do.

There talking about communities where the extremists Muslims are controlling the community.

Sure there are, for example, black communities in the US where a white person better not show up, as there are white communities where a black person really better not be seen...

But these communities and these so called Muslim no go zones are still parts of the country in question and still the police can and do control the place.

There’s parts of Muslim Brooklyn and Amish communities in Pennsylvania where they dominate but don’t pretend to own the place like this Fox news distortion avers.

edit on 19-1-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The only no go zones in the world, beyond primitive societies, are the rich, white enclaves in Europe and the US, where if your not white and the right kind of looking white you dare not enter, unless you’re a well known butler, flunky, gardener or garbage collector.

Dearborn, MI must be full of well known butlers, flunkies, gardeners or garbage collectors.

"Dearborn No-Go Zone: Where Islam Rules and Christians Are Stoned"
www.clarionproject.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join