It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Finally Admits "Serious Factual Error" In Segment About Muslim "Zones"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: amazing

If you don't watch or listen then how do you know they are the worst?

Oh cause someone else said so.

Because some dip# starts a thread useing fox as a source and someone like me eho lives in a area can spot the BS.

EDITED...

Sorry, I'm Polish. Forgive me.

I just filled your mug, lol.

edit on 19-1-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Time and time again, FOX is in hot water for spreading fear and hate and misinformation. And every time, the defense claims all other mainstream media is just as bad. And yet FOX news and the conservative propaganda machine continues to spread hate and fear and lies daily.

other mainstream is biased, but are they full of hate and fear like FOX?

FOX will sell you so much hate and fear you'll sign your sons and daughters up to die in their liar's war....

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Edit so not to go off topic
edit on 19-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Actually I don't think he was talking about you. In fact I think ewok is on your side in this argument. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure he/she is on the same side of this debate as you.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Actually I don't think he was talking about you. In fact I think ewok is on your side in this argument. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure he/she is on the same side of this debate as you.

Nope you have it right

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Why are people so adamant about dragging all the other media outlets into this

Because it's a deflection tactic, that's all.

When I did my thread I challenged everyone upfront not to just respond with this shallow, played out line - but do their own research + critical thinking and provide proof of other networks doing it too. I only got one member response that even made an attempt...everybody else just parroted the same empty meme over and over.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Make a thread about democrats...
It'll be flooded with anti-republican sentiment...

& vice versa...

Make a thread about Islam...
It'll be flooded with anti-Christian sentiment...

& vice versa...

Make a thread about cops...
It'll be flooded with anti-ghetto sentiment...

& vice versa...

Make a thread about Fox...
It'll be flooded with anti-(insert media) sentiment...

& vice versa...

& it's something that pisses off many of us...
But I've come to expect it on ATS now.

There maybe a rant in here somewhere.

Eisegesis, appreciate the thread!

Don't worry about them!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Time and time again, FOX is in hot water for spreading fear and hate and misinformation. And every time, the defense claims all other mainstream media is just as bad. And yet FOX news and the conservative propaganda machine continues to spread hate and fear and lies daily.

other mainstream is biased, but are they full of hate and fear like FOX?

FOX will sell you so much hate and fear you'll sign your sons and daughters up to die in their liar's war....

I personally would agree with you on this. Now, keep in mind I don't watch any of the MSM on TV or TV for that matter. What I get I get from the net and from my own observation I also think Fox is by far the worst when it comes to misleading people or even just flat out lying about issues. All media is wrong from time to time but from what I've seen Fox deliberately falsifies stories knowing full well what they are doing.

The idea IMO is that with any issue as long as you can cause some doubt, regardless of how illogical your side may be doesn't matter, it's just that little bit of doubt that causes people not to act on something in fear they might be wrong. So as long as they oppose even solid arguments, they may not win, but they don't have to, they just have to cause people stall themselves. By the time they look in to it more, if they do at all, it's too late and you're on to the next "Fox Alert" situation and the moment to act is gone.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Thanks for the kind words. I'm delighted to know there are members here that can still keep their cool when I go on a tirade of epically wrong proportions.

I feel two inches tall right now. Normally I'm 6'5".

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I enjoy reading about the media shenanigans going on it just seems FOX pulls more than all the other MSM outlets combined. I have seen a few threads on here where MSNBC got called out for some serious BS on a show but they don't play on each other like they do on FOX.

I once heard or had seen a commercial from FOX news where they said "We don't just report the news we make it" and that statement is true.

Like with this where on one show they have a guy that claims there are No Go Zones which if it was one show then not that big of a deal but they ran with it and parroted it ad-nauseum. Can't a news network at least try to fact check themselves do they not have google? I am sure the can and do but this sort of stuff looks staged.

"We don't just report the news we make it"

If other networks do that then I haven't seen it and you would think with the right wing watch dogs they would make issue if they did. I could be wrong it isn't like I watch any of them purposely I do sometimes catch a little from each when it is being played on a TV where I may be waiting like the airport, bar, doctors office, or such. I dropped cable a few years ago so I couldn't tune in if I wanted to at home.

I do see youtube videos here about them in the act. The video earlier was illuminating showing how many times FOX parroted the NGZ from show to show it was like they were trying to program their viewers. Of course they have said they screwed up it only took them longer than everyone else to figure it out. I wonder though are the talking heads on their other shows still parroting the NGZ line? If so then they must be having their own mission accomplished parade at this point.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I don't know about " Large swathes" of no go areas, but backpacking in Paris in 91 and 92 I was told at least a handful of times by Paris residents to avoid certain neighborhoods after dark and especially the women in our group should never walk without men accompanying them. Those neighborhoods were predominantly North African neighborhoods.

Take that for what you will. This was in the early 90's, I can't imagine things have improved since then. It's been brewing for quite a long time.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I enjoy reading about the media shenanigans going on it just seems FOX pulls more than all the other MSM outlets combined.

It's funny because some people feel the exact opposite about fox, no offense. I guess that's all part of the programing. If you can't get everybody on one channel, make ten with widely different viewpoints to cover as much raw states of emotion as possible.

I once heard or had seen a commercial from FOX news where they said "We don't just report the news we make it" and that statement is true.

Sorry, but that is hilarious! I haven't had cable for fifteen years so I tend to miss these gems. Oh, I see you do without the idiot box as well. It certainly changes your view on the world. Or at least if you go without it for a while, you can visit it from time to time and not be phased.

Can't a news network at least try to fact check themselves do they not have Google?

At this point, would you still trust them if the did? That is where the line in the sand is drawn. Fool me once... I think you and I are happily standing on the right side. I admit, I don't fact check every little detail, but I don't fully believe in anything I'm told either. I like to float.

Of course they have said they screwed up it only took them longer than everyone else to figure it out.

Go team! They kicked the ball into their own goal and think they scored. The referee had to come by and straighten things out.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

lol. I have been much happier since I ditched cable. I even got rid of my TV for a while but a few months ago a neighbor had put a Vizio 42 inch flatscreen on the curb for garbage pickup. I was curious so I took it home found a plug for it and found out it worked. It has a flash drive port on it so every once in a while I will download and watch a show on it. It is like going to a movie theater for me in a way when I do.

It used to be at least once a month where would get a call from my service provider trying to get me to sign up for cable again. I kind of miss being able to tell them I don't own a TV.

As far as how people view each news team I can see how either side can have their position. I wouldn't mind seeing some videos about how the other side pulls the same antics if they exist.

It is my opinion that since the advent of 24 hr news stations people are far less informed than they once were. I even read somewhere that all of them had dropped their investigative reporting departments.

I think it would be interesting to see a 24 hr news channel that actually did the news sort of like it would be interesting for the history channel to do shows on history.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

So as long as they oppose even solid arguments, they may not win, but they don't have to, they just have to cause people stall themselves.

A very important point. Sometimes people don't even realize when it's happening. If you can't get them to believe what you say, you can sure confuse the hell out of them. By the time their head stops spinning, there's something new and shiny to focus us. This either leaves the viewer with their initial belief, confusion, or doubt, depending on what is desired.

The focus here was that no one rarely comes to their own conclusion because they don't expect themselves to be able to make the same deductions as an "expert" would. You should see me at lunch while I'm at work. I hold regular staff meetings and without getting all "fight the machine" on them, they are left with blank stares on their faces when I bring up a few examples of what I've learned. All while respecting their opinions of course. They love it.

But, the results are usually the same. "Derp, my view has been challenged, now I don't know what to think". Do they ever go home and fact check me? I sure hope they do. I love when I come in the next day and they'd like to "chat" with me.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Excellent post!!! Star for you! Your post explained things in a way that even the intellectually challenged could understand. Well done.... IMHO the Islam fear mongering being in full swing, as it is now, is likely for an excuse for a ground invasion of Syria to combat ISIS and "stabilize the region". If "they" really wanted stability they would have parceled up the ME much differently after WWI. If they do get their way with Syria the consequences will be far reaching. From Russia to Iran to China.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
A very important point. Sometimes people don't even realize when it's happening. If you can't get them to believe what you say, you can sure confuse the hell out of them. By the time their head stops spinning, there's something new and shiny to focus us. This either leaves the viewer with their initial belief, confusion, or doubt, depending on what is desired.

Especially in today's 24hr news world. What we get isn't more news about what's happening. No more than we used to get before anyway. What we get is the same amount of news but it's repeated over and over again and with commentary and speculation about that news filling up the rest. This does two things. Repeats the message desired until it's been programmed into the heads of people by repetition. Next, the commentary by the hosts then convince you of whatever message is desired by filling your head with all the "thinking and questioning" you might have about it.

Then there is the problem of selective coverage. There is such a quick jump from one issue to the next, from one crisis to another that events get completely lost within a short time frame. That's where the "confusion tactic" is useful. By the time anyone has a chance to figure out what's really going on they've missed their opportunity to act. The bill has passed or the law or policy is already in play and what's done is done. Another thing that bothers me are all the important stories that come out one day but you never get a follow up on it. You just forget about it because so many other things are happening ever day.

But, the results are usually the same. "Derp, my view has been challenged, now I don't know what to think". Do they ever go home and fact check me? I sure hope they do. I love when I come in the next day and they'd like to "chat" with me.

Ya, I get that too. I'm amazed sometimes at how little some people pay attention to things. Some people find it interesting and some find it upsetting. Those who get upset I just leave alone. It's usually too much and they won't accept it anyway. Which I understand because a lot of it is very troublesome and I don't blame them for being upset by it. But even the ones who can handle it aren't usually ready for the magnitude of it so you have to easy at first. My mother is a great example. It took me years before she stopped thinking I had lost it. Finally she started noticing things here and there in the news or whatever and she'd call me and tell me about it. But that took about 3 years and I'm her son! You can imagine how resistant anyone is going to be in the same situation.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Thanks for thread. Blatant lies.

But

There are areas which have been taken over...

You have to open your eyes on both sides of the fence!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Yeah, let's just bring Christianity into it, because you have nothing else to add. As for the rest of this tripe, you people can act like there aren't 'muslim controlled zones' all you want, I challenge you to go spend time in a few of the real places where non-muslims are not allowed. There is thread after thread highlighting this topic, but unfortunately, most people zone-out when it comes to things like this.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
We don't have "no-go" zones for the police, but Dearborn, MI is a "no-go" zone for ordinary people, especially women.
a reply to: Bluesma

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

*facepalm* So Fox News is completely making up their stories now? I'm not surprised, I've actually caught them making up stories before. This is how come Republicans who watch it are so misinformed. It is a real problem. I'm glad they are somewhat being held accountable for outright lying.
edit on 20amTue, 20 Jan 2015 10:40:38 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join