It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Finally Admits "Serious Factual Error" In Segment About Muslim "Zones"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Bluesma

Have you seen the recent surge of anti-Islam threads on these forums? I'd wager that it had quite a BIT of an impact on people.
Yes and my question remains- why?

How does the very particular situation in France pertain to people in other countries?

Of course, it took me a while to recognize that the topic was England, not France.... but I still wonder, why would people in the US feel implicated in what is going on in England?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

What is massively disconcerting is that Fox only apologised after being caught out once this whole thing blew up at them.

Then they described a bare face lie as a "mistake"

I'm fairly sure that "making crap up" isn't the dictionary definition of "mistake" in the USA.

These idiots are putting stuff like this out as fact - and an apology afterwards simply doesn't undo that, especially when its gone out to a live televised audience.

I would hope their "expert" has lost his job, but I'd be suprised if he has.
edit on 19/1/15 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Because people in the US think EVERYTHING involves them, or at least that is how our media behaves.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

why would people in the US feel implicated in what is going on in England?

Fox News spoke directly about the US as well as England and France. They're giving everybody the impression that Muslim extremists are here, there, and possibly in your own backyard, oh no! A good way to rally the public in any country to support another war with the boogyman. If you haven't noticed America likes to fix their problems in other countries before they fix their own.

From the OP,

The network built on the European “no go zones” story in a Jan. 14 report on “Muslim enclaves” in the U.S., asserting that cities like Redhouse, VA, Commerce, GA, and Dearborn, MI are “truly no go zones” with gated terrorist training camps and armed guards.

Where is the data to back that up? Where is the data to back any Muslim "no-go" zones in any country? I'm sure they exist somewhere, but am I supposed to just take the media's word for it? The sad part is, some actually do. They tried to drum up fear and they FAILED.

edit on 19-1-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I see Foxphobia is alive, and well.

And by people who never watch it.

If ya don't watch Fox how is it lying to you?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Foxphobia? What are you doing with this post? Are you trying to suggest that because people who don't like Fox aren't being lied to by Fox, that somehow means that Fox doesn't lie? That's absurd. Everyone knows they are a bunch of liars. The OP explicitly called them out for lying, and here you are apologizing for them.

Though, thinking about it, it doesn't surprise me that you'd believe things that Fox says. I see you parroting their views constantly.
edit on 19-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Wow. Fox news made a mistake and lied...That's News?

LOL

I stand by all of me previous comments. Only stupid people watch fox news. Period.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Shouldn't that be "well, thanks for pointing out to me that Fox makes things up, hell, I might just have to question my established paradigm" ?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I love how a lot of the people get their panties in a bunch about some t.v program that had a guest exaggerate a story but some of these same people(Americans) defend Elizabeth Warren lies and want her to run for president.

Lol.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

More American English?

Exaggerate = made up a complete load of crap and passed it off as fact ?

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What is absurd is the ENDLESS fox threads.

ALL politics is a lie.

But hey demagogue one out of them all.

link   
"Fox News Finally Admits...." Well with their track record how can I trust what they say about this? Bwahahahaha.....

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: thesaneone

More American English?

Exaggerate = made up a complete load of crap and passed it off as fact ?

That is what American politics is in a nutshell.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What is absurd is the ENDLESS fox threads.

ALL politics is a lie.

But hey demagogue one out of them all.

Fox is the worst of them all though. It really is. For the record. I watch no news and listen to no talk radio. Just a few minutes here or there to see what's on the agenda...always garbage and propaganda. The problem is that most people don't get both sides...they'll watch fox news but not MSNBC. now they only get one side of the propaganda.

All adults realize that the truth is in the middle somewhere.

And yes, personally, we could just click the channel or turn the TV off as I do, except...the problem remains...what do we do with all of these brainwashed, stupid people, that believe what they hear on fox news is truth? It makes it really hard to have social interactions, when the other person has no grasp of reality.
edit on 19-1-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Shouldn't that be "well, thanks for pointing out to me that Fox makes things up, hell, I might just have to question my established paradigm" ?

Think it should be like if someone doesn't like what they watch on tv.

They are free to use their clicker, and change the channel.

No fuss. No muss.
edit on 19-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

If you don't watch or listen then how do you know they are the worst?

Oh cause someone else said so.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: amazing

If you don't watch or listen then how do you know they are the worst?

Oh cause someone else said so.

I posted earlier, but I'll say it again. I do tune in to talk radio or fox news every once in a while to see what's going on. I also read a lot of political blogs and get a good summary of what's going on. You should try it. Being informed, really informed, instead of being brainwashed is very liberating.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Endless fox threads? What endless fox threads? I only see one on the boards right now. Then when I do see other threads talking about the media, I see just as much disdain for all media outlets, not just Fox. Though maybe if Fox wasn't so blatant with their lies and propaganda, they wouldn't get called out for it so much.

I make no bones about my media opinion. I don't trust any media outlet, but at least MSNBC and CNN will tell the truth every now and then. Every time I read a Fox news article, it is almost ALWAYS sensationalized and I spend just as much time reading it as I do picking out the BS.
edit on 19-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
originally posted by: eisegesis

Okay, I thought the topic was their statements about the situation in Europe.

In that context, it made me think- people in European countries don't suddenly think there are KKK groups in their country because they learn about it in the US!

But I see that the events in other countries are being twisted in many ways to use an excuse to manipulate the public.
But that doesn't really surprise me much. Does anyone really just eat up what they hear without any discernment?
If so, that makes me sad.

edit on 19-1-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I get that but, as has been pointed out, this stuff was complete fabrication.

Regardless as to whether individual posters here watch it or not, can you not see the danger in a national news broadcaster simply making something up and calling it "news" ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join