It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Finally Admits "Serious Factual Error" In Segment About Muslim "Zones"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr0neT3k

You may be right. I did more research. But this is troubling for all news agencies:

Deni Elliott, a professor of media ethics at the University of South Florida, said that by invoking the First Amendment, Fox is suggesting that they are not accountable to anyone -- "not a reasonable stand for a news organization to take."

But to infer that WTVT used the First Amendment to defend news distortion and declare impunity is wrong. "That wasn’t ever their position," Steele said.

"There was never a factual or logical nexus established between the alleged crippling of the First Amendment and the firing of these two individuals," said Thomas McGowan, a media lawyer who was part of WTVT’s defense team.

www.politifact.com...

(post by WeAreAWAKE removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: eisegesis

Why is it that the current administration can tell proven lies or not attend to business and you don't care ?

Let some guy of zero significance on Fox make a stupid statement and you spend three hundred words knocking the whole network? You people keep trying to kill the messenger. It ain't working! Strangely, evidently Fox News has more credibility in the long run than CNN and MSNBC as the viewers of those two networks are abandoning them in droves. ("Droves" being the most accurate stat I can come up with on short notice.)

That's right.....Defend the Liars.....That's a good boy.......Come on......Get your treat now for doing what your told like a loyal little lap dog............Yessssss.....That's a good boy!!!

Better than your kind going around with your nose up Obama's ass while every word that leaves his mouth is part of a lie. The rich are evil...LIE. Benghazi and YouTube...LIE. Keep your Doctor...LIE. And a news station gets a fact wrong, says they are sorry and you're pissed???? When has Obama used the word "sorry" or better yet "I lied" even after he was caught?

Sure, attack the error of the moment, support the error of our history.

You're missing the point.

Fox is wrong ALL the time, nothing but a propaganda machine. Horrible. The people that watch it are brainwashed and stupid. If fox news was wrong once. or had a propaganda piece on a couple of times ...this thread wouldn't exist.

Sure all media is a little biased. I realize that MSNBC is biased, but nothing compares to fox news and right wing talk radio.

LImbaugh? Hannity? O'Rielly? Coulter? They are less than humans, traitors to this great country.

I realize that we do need someone to hold the left accountable. but Fox news and talk radio ain't it. Trust me. Try the wall street Journal if you want the conservative view.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Sure all media is a little biased. I realize that MSNBC is biased, but nothing compares to fox news and right wing talk radio.

A 'little biased'?? Comeon ...

FOX. MSNBC. BBC. Al Jazeera. PressTV. Russia Today. ETC
All biased. All have agenda.
And yes ... MSNBC compares to Fox News. MSNBC is NOT any better.

FOX admitted it's serious error. Good for them. But the damage is done.
They have to do some serious introspection and fixing of massive problems.
But I doubt they'll do much of anything except try to be more careful
not to get caught the next time they lie.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Fox News can say anything they want because the only people that care what they say are Fox News watchers. The adage that ..."you can write anything on a blank piece of paper" applies.

Fox don't usually have to retract or apologize for the #-they-shovel because the vast majority of their audience is a non-critical audience that take in what they say and would not even consider getting their news from more than one source.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Primordial
So if this is a total fabrication by FOX please explain these ....

From 2011 www.frontpagemag.com... -go-zones/

www.cbn.com... -under-Attack-in-Muslim-Areas/

2012 www.clarionproject.org... rborn-no-go-zone-where-islam-rules-and-christians-are-stoned

2014 europenews.dk...

Just some random links found in a minute or two. Seems it isn't a new Idea.

Maybe they don't exist, maybe someone doesn't want you to know they do.

There talking about communities where the extremists Muslims are controlling the community.

Sure there are, for example, black communities in the US where a white person better not show up, as there are white communities where a black person really better not be seen...

But these communities and these so called Muslim no go zones are still parts of the country in question and still the police can and do control the place.

There’s parts of Muslim Brooklyn and Amish communities in Pennsylvania where they dominate but don’t pretend to own the place like this Fox news distortion avers.

Except that's not what that the articles say.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
FOX. MSNBC. BBC. Al Jazeera. PressTV. Russia Today. ETC
All biased. All have agenda.
And yes ... MSNBC compares to Fox News. MSNBC is NOT any better.

The problem is that we keep focusing on ^ ^ ^ that and forget:

FOX admitted it's serious error. Good for them. But the damage is done.
They have to do some serious introspection and fixing of massive problems.
But I doubt they'll do much of anything except try to be more careful
not to get caught the next time they lie.

In this paradigm NO ONE can be held accountable for their intentional manipulation of the people... that are dumb enough to listen to them. Stop the useless argument that "They do it too". Hold them responsible for their actions. Don't wipe them aside.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Stop the useless argument that "They do it too". Hold them responsible for their actions. Don't wipe them aside.

The useless argument is 'my side does it less than your side'.
That's ridiculous. They all do it. And they all should be held equally accountable.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Shows what you know genius. Your labeling is a Fail. I don't support Obama. I don't give a sh*t about Benghazi. I also don't support ACA either. Don't believe me, go through and look through my other posts on here and learn something about me before you profess to know so damn much.

Maybe you should worry less about where my nose is at and get your head out of your own ass!!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
They all do it. And they all should be held equally accountable.

Are they? Is this paradigm working?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I did a thread about this a few years ago after another infamous FOX News "mistake". It was the exact same spiel from the apologists back then - "oh they just made an error; MSNBC, CNN are even worse".

No they didn't just make a mistake, they set out with a deliberate agenda to mislead their gullible audience:

Here's 100% Proof That FOX News Are Straight Up Lying, Corporate Shills.

And NO the other networks are not as bad. Although I have no doubt other MSM channels slant stories and insert their own bias, FOX News/Rupert Murdoch are in a league of their own in terms of the calculated lengths they go to manipulate and exploit their viewers, as the link above demonstrates.

But it's as Leonidas just wrote - they do it because know they can get away with it. Their audience completely subscribes to emotional appeals over critical thinking. This is also why they're so popular - because they target the lowest common denominator.

FOX News themselves don't even shy away from it. Remember this popular ATS thread?

They laugh about it in their own company Christmas cards that their viewers are just a bunch of dumb sheep:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: amazing

If you don't watch or listen then how do you know they are the worst?

Oh cause someone else said so.

Because some dip# starts a thread useing fox as a source and someone like me eho lives in a area can spot the BS.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Misunderstood, my apologies ewok.
edit on 19-1-2015 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

Mighty nice of you to call people "dip#" for posting an article.

I think he's calling them a "dip#" for not first finding out if the article is correct first before posting it. Not because they posted it.

In other words, they are a "dip#" because they are helping to spread misinformation because they don't source their information first or simply rely on a better source of info.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
see above.
edit on 19-1-2015 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

a reply to: mOjOm

Whatever, I still think it's bad form to start calling others dip#' is this what the new ats has become?

I understand, but I don't think he was being specific toward anyone. He was speaking in a general hypothetical type of situation. Just using more colorful language.

Hell I've been attacked specifically in this one thread alone by two different members so far. After that I'd say that ewok's comment was actually polite. But maybe that's just me. I've become a bit jaded over time perhaps.
edit on 19-1-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Why are people so adamant about dragging all the other media outlets into this when:

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT FOX NEWS

Okay...

WE GET IT

Other news outlets lie, fabricate, play make believe. WHO FREAKIN CARES

This thread is not about any other news agency AT THE MOMENT.

If it doesn't do you justice, MAKE YOUR OWN

The logic here is ridiculous.

I didn't make the thread to appease you.
I didn't make the thread because I hate fox news.
I didn't purposefully make this thread about Fox because I love all other news outlets.
I don't care about one media outlet's lies or fabricated information more than another.
I don't care what you think this thread "should" be about as its not your thread.
I don't care if you think I don't care about any other media outlets.

YOU ARE WRONG

Please stop accusing me of things when you don't know me.
Please stop thinking I focus only on "certain" things.
Please enter my thread and be polite to me and everybody else.

Every accusation about me has been WRONG.

WTF happened to respectful conversation and collaborative investigation and debunking?

I am a member who admits when they are wrong and it would help if there were more members here to help others see where they took a wrong turn.

Everybody, PLEASE be kind to the people you choose to engage in conversation with, myself included.

I actually thought people would be happy to see ANY news agency caught in a lie, especially on this site. Hey, thanks for the heads up or I didn't catch that. Thanks to some and thanks for nothing to others.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

a reply to: mOjOm

Whatever, I still think it's bad form to start calling others dip#' is this what the new ats has become?

Mojom is right im not attacking anyone specificaly

It gets tireing hearing some made up fact about my country only to hear the source is some talking head on fox news.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I found a good link on Cults...I may need to change my rhetoric about Fox News. it apparently says, that people that are in Cults/Watch Fox news aren't really stupid, they're just indoctrinated.

So... here's a few things that might help us.

Those brainwashed by the Cult of Fox news and TAlk radio.

Most people in cults don't consider them cults. Using that term will make them defensive.

Most people in cults aren't stupid, they're brainwashed and indoctrinated.

There is also a powerful sense of commjnity in Cults. These people want to belong.

They pay for it though, by giving up their own personhood and individuality.

When we acknowledge these peoples personhoods, it can have a liberating effect on them.

These people actually think they're thoughts statements and actions are for the common good.

There's help but it's going to be a tough road. We'll have to work together.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I totally agree with you. It's frustrating. That's what I was saying earlier about them deflecting or diverting the focus away from what is intended. It makes no sense either because even if "The other Guys" are doing the same as the "One" it doesn't make the "One" any less responsible for what they've done.

Don't worry though, some people are still paying attention and know what you're trying say regardless of the tactics of some others. Keep up the good fight, you're not alone.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join