It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Finally Admits "Serious Factual Error" In Segment About Muslim "Zones"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Fox news is all about making money. Their large customer (viewers) are those who believe Islam is evil and Muslim is a scum.

edit on 20-1-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
European 'No-Go' Zones: Fact or Fiction?
January 20, 2015 at 5:00 am

A 120-page research paper entitled "No-Go Zones in the French Republic: Myth or Reality?" documented dozens of French neighborhoods "where police and gendarmerie cannot enforce the Republican order or even enter without risking confrontation, projectiles, or even fatal shootings."

In October 2011, a 2,200-page report, "Banlieue de la République" (Suburbs of the Republic) found that Seine-Saint-Denis and other Parisian suburbs are becoming "separate Islamic societies" cut off from the French state and where Islamic Sharia law is rapidly displacing French civil law.

The report also showed how the problem is being exacerbated by radical Muslim preachers who are promoting the social marginalization of Muslim immigrants in order to create a parallel Muslim society in France that is ruled by Sharia law.

The television presenter asks: "What if we went to the suburbs?" Obertone replies: "I do not recommend this. Not even we French dare go there anymore. But nobody talks about this in public, of course. Nor do those who claim, 'long live multiculturalism,' and 'Paris is wonderful!' dare enter the suburbs."

it goes on the address the issue of this topic

Consider Carol Matlack, an American writer for Bloomberg Businessweek, who recently penned a story — entitled "Debunking the Myth of Muslim-Only Zones in Major European Cities" — in which she claims that no-go zones are nothing more than an "urban legend" that is "demonstrably untrue." She then goes on to ridicule those who disagree with her.

The American cable television channel Fox News has also issued at least four apologies for referring to Muslim no-go zones in Europe, after one commentator erroneously claimed that the entire city of Birmingham, England, was Muslim. Had he simply said that "parts" of Birmingham are Muslim, he would have been correct.

Despite such politically correct denials, Muslim no-go zones are a well-known fact of life in many parts of Europe.

Despite such politically correct denials, Muslim no-go zones are a well-known fact of life in many parts of Europe.

www.gatestoneinstitute.org...
What follows is the first in a multi-part series that will document the reality of Europe's no-go zones.

Fabrice Balanche, a well-known French Islam scholar who teaches at the University of Lyon, recently told Radio Télévision Suisse: "You have territories in France such as Roubaix, such as northern Marseille, where police will not step foot, where the authority of state is completely absent, where mini Islamic states have been formed."

Here is a long list of reporters saying there are no go zones, and a documentary, i have heard European posters on the forum claim there are no go zones.

A 120-page research paper entitled "No-Go Zones in the French Republic: Myth or Reality?" documented dozens of French neighborhoods "where police and gendarmerie cannot enforce the Republican order or even enter without risking confrontation, projectiles, or even fatal shootings."

www.drmcc.org...

In October 2011, a landmark 2,200-page report, "Banlieue de la République" (Suburbs of the Republic) found that Seine-Saint-Denis and other Parisian suburbs are becoming "separate Islamic societies" cut off from the French state, and where Islamic Sharia law is rapidly displacing French civil law. The report said that Muslim immigrants are increasingly rejecting French values and instead are immersing themselves in radical Islam.

In October 2011, a landmark 2,200-page report, "Banlieue de la République" (Suburbs of the Republic) found that Seine-Saint-Denis and other Parisian suburbs are becoming "separate Islamic societies" cut off from the French state, and where Islamic Sharia law is rapidly displacing French civil law. The report said that Muslim immigrants are increasingly rejecting French values and instead are immersing themselves in radical Islam.
edit on 113131p://bTuesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 113131p://bTuesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Disinformation. As soon as it was made available FOX news went on the air with the issue.
However, to be fair, there are areas in our own cities where the police do not go. In fact there are areas in the inner city where the post office will not deliver mail. So, are these off limits areas. Maybe so, maybe no...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: daveinats

They're not all muslim areas are they? There's plenty of streets up and down the country dominated by white local gangs, Manchester, Nottingham and Liverpool have some areas I wouldn't dare going to.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin
We don't have "no-go" zones for the police, but Dearborn, MI is a "no-go" zone for ordinary people, especially women.
a reply to: Bluesma

Sounds like a good place to send a few undercover cops wearing tight pink shirts. Head into town, light up a smoke and you're sure to draw out the most outspoken of the bunch. Maybe not extremists but others that are still violent towards other people that don't follow Sharia law.

Anyone can declare a place a "no-go" zone, but that doesn't make it official. These are groups of Muslims who live in a concentrated area and seem to think they run the place. The news outlets give them a voice.

FOX is making them sound like they've taken over the place and we're losing the battle. Which is wrong.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
How many times does Fox News have to get caught lying before people realize they are liars and quit being made fools of?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

If I were young again, that is what I would do. I let my hair grow very long and wear it loose so I don't fall into the old age of short gray hair only.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I think they want another war on terror

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I think it was an honest mistake. They realized their expert was incorrect and they corrected the error. It's not like they are the only news program that ever made this kind of error. Had they not apologized and corrected the misinformation, then that would be a whole different story.

Journalism doesn't work that way. However I agree they're certainly not the only ones to do this.

Fox made no attempt to second source or check the basis of what is clearly a made up and inflammatory claim. They're the first two rules of journalism before broadcasting something.

Fox either published the story knowing it was a lie, or failed in the most basic duty of factual reporting - either route destroys any credibility Fox had left, same as with any other news organisation.

Sadly the news tries to bury retractions like this and never give the apology as much air time as the initial false claims so the lie lives on.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
i can take any of you right now to parts of england that are in muslim control from running the council to the streets drug dealers .to deny this would be a mistake.

i hearby state that i will personally show fox news some of these zones if they require ,,and i can prove the discontent towards natural natives of england..

the above information was derived from 15 years living in a muslim controlled english town .

Oh dear.

Name the town and I'll happily walk through it disproving your nonsense. What is a 'natural native' on an island? You sound like an EDL nut job.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
European 'No-Go' Zones: Fact or Fiction?
January 20, 2015 at 5:00 am

In October 2011, a 2,200-page report, "Banlieue de la République" (Suburbs of the Republic) found that Seine-Saint-Denis and other Parisian suburbs are becoming "separate Islamic societies" cut off from the French state and where Islamic Sharia law is rapidly displacing French civil law.

The report also showed how the problem is being exacerbated by radical Muslim preachers who are promoting the social marginalization of Muslim immigrants in order to create a parallel Muslim society in France that is ruled by Sharia law.

The television presenter asks: "What if we went to the suburbs?" Obertone replies: "I do not recommend this. Not even we French dare go there anymore. But nobody talks about this in public, of course. Nor do those who claim, 'long live multiculturalism,' and 'Paris is wonderful!' dare enter the suburbs."

it goes on the address the issue of this topic

Consider Carol Matlack, an American writer for Bloomberg Businessweek, who recently penned a story — entitled "Debunking the Myth of Muslim-Only Zones in Major European Cities" — in which she claims that no-go zones are nothing more than an "urban legend" that is "demonstrably untrue." She then goes on to ridicule those who disagree with her.

The American cable television channel Fox News has also issued at least four apologies for referring to Muslim no-go zones in Europe, after one commentator erroneously claimed that the entire city of Birmingham, England, was Muslim. Had he simply said that "parts" of Birmingham are Muslim, he would have been correct.

What follows is the first in a multi-part series that will document the reality of Europe's no-go zones.

Fabrice Balanche, a well-known French Islam scholar who teaches at the University of Lyon, recently told Radio Télévision Suisse: "You have territories in France such as Roubaix, such as northern Marseille, where police will not step foot, where the authority of state is completely absent, where mini Islamic states have been formed."

Here is a long list of reporters saying there are no go zones, and a documentary, i have heard European posters on the forum claim there are no go zones.

www.drmcc.org...

LMAO please everyone check the source on this... It's from a completely unaccredited right wing rag....

Conservatives will literally fall for anything :p!!

I have no idea how they managed to convince you people the entire world is in a conspiracy to discredit American conservatism.... Like all the reporters on planet earth are in Obamas pocket!! ROFL!!!!
edit on 20-1-2015 by Entreri06 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Are you a real gurl?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
i live 10 min away from commerce, ga. amof, i had dinner there at the applebees sat nite. now, i wasnt looking for terrorists whilst at dinner, but i did not notice any while i was there. or on the way there. or the way home. and i can truly say that while i do not profile people, my "neighbors" would not hesitate to "exhibit a questioning attitude" towards those who dont appear to have ancestors that actively participated in the civil war. i can say with 100% accuracy that there are no terrorist training facilities within this county, nor the neighboring ones.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I heard that the City of Paris is filing a lawsuit against Fox News for this:

Paris Mayor: We Intend to Sue Fox News

It'll be interesting to see what becomes, or doesn't become of this...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I'm assuming the only reason fox recanted is because...

A: they figured they would get sued.

B: they were never going to get any French official to talk to them again.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

And here's why:

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Excellent reporting, thank you!

"When we're insulted, and when we've had an image, then I think we'll have to sue, I think we'll have to go to court, in order to have these words removed," Hidalgo told CNN's Christiane Amanpour. "The image of Paris has been prejudiced, and the honor of Paris has been prejudiced."

This isn't exactly helping the whole argument. I guess FOX's apology and correction was not enough. I don't see how suing them will restore any image, but it goes to show you that once something leaves your lips, damages can occur regardless if it was true or not.

If a Muslim can sue and take people to court for being insulted, one significant case can set the tone for all future lawsuits. This is what the extremists want, control of the courts dictated by Sharia law.Its funny, for any leaving the city out of fear there will likely be two Muslims that take their place. FOX was just trying to boost Frances economy is all. /sarcasm

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

Thanks for the video. It was analyzed by the The Young Turks and explained better for us English speaking folk.

And this video below is how FOX and other media outlets poke the bear. Listen to the tactics used. Learn them and apply them to other sources. And for the record, I don't support either views. Unfortunately, this dictates how some people think.

"You think I'm evil, I think your evil."

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Excellent reporting, thank you!

"When we're insulted, and when we've had an image, then I think we'll have to sue, I think we'll have to go to court, in order to have these words removed," Hidalgo told CNN's Christiane Amanpour. "The image of Paris has been prejudiced, and the honor of Paris has been prejudiced."

This isn't exactly helping the whole argument. I guess FOX's apology and correction was not enough. I don't see how suing them will restore any image, but it goes to show you that once something leaves your lips, damages can occur regardless if it was true or not.

If a Muslim can sue and take people to court for being insulted, one significant case can set the tone for all future lawsuits. This is what the extremists want, control of the courts dictated by Sharia law.Its funny, for any leaving the city out of fear there will likely be two Muslims that take their place. FOX was just trying to boost Frances economy is all. /sarcasm

Fox are guilty of slandour which tarnishes the record of the countries involved and could have the potential to harm their tourism economies, where suing for damages incurs. There's also the potential for it to have been inflamatory in the recent anti-muslim attacks (which needs to be investigated) however it's not as if Fox has any respect as a source of news and I doubt any Fox viewer would have ever left the US let alone be the type to go to Paris.

EDIT: Ignore all that, US media is above international law under 'free speech' grounds so won't make it to court.
edit on 20-1-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: mekhanics

Thanks for the video. It was analyzed by the The Young Turks and explained better for us English speaking folk.

And this video below is how FOX and other media outlets poke the bear. Listen to the tactics used. Learn them and apply them to other sources. And for the record, I don't support either views. Unfortunately, this dictates how some people think.

"You think I'm evil, I think your evil."

Really good Videos. Got to watch out for those no-go zones. LOL

Those poor french people, innocently shopping and eating and hanging out in no-go zones without ever realizing that they weren't supposed to be there! LOL

Only the stupidity of Fox news can save them!
edit on 20-1-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join