It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Finally Admits "Serious Factual Error" In Segment About Muslim "Zones"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: eisegesis

Why is it that the current administration can tell proven lies or not attend to business and you don't care ?

Let some guy of zero significance on Fox make a stupid statement and you spend three hundred words knocking the whole network? You people keep trying to kill the messenger. It ain't working! Strangely, evidently Fox News has more credibility in the long run than CNN and MSNBC as the viewers of those two networks are abandoning them in droves. ("Droves" being the most accurate stat I can come up with on short notice.)

That's right.....Defend the Liars.....That's a good boy.......Come on......Get your treat now for doing what your told like a loyal little lap dog............Yessssss.....That's a good boy!!!

mOjOm, is that reply what you have to resort to? Really? That kind of reply is great at somewhere like youtube, where there isn't much thought required or expected. But here I thought it was supposed to be more of an adult debate format, without belittling or demeaning your opponent.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LionOfGOD

Thanks for the addition.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

If I were them I'll be more afraid of Christian Extremists, just watch this video

Be very wary of Christians. I hear the tracts they hand out may be poisoned.
I should have figured a bash fox thread would have Christianity thrown in too.

Enjoy your divisiveness, I am sure the people that control the propaganda are enjoying the fruits of their labor.

Quick, somebody better retaliate with a msnbc sucks thread, and add some fear the atheist agenda diatribe.

Sorry, I cant get my panties in a twist over any of the state run propaganda, but enjoy your outrage.
peace

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Good lord! Some members here need to lay off the tap water. I understand why older members don't post on this site anymore as people get bashed for anything these days. I considered myself a nice person who's only "agenda" was to help expose lies and corruption when I signed up and somehow people who I have never even entered a discussion with want to force me into one. Here we have who Fox News calls an "expert" give false information and I am chastised for bringing it to ATS. Makes me not want to contribute.

This isn't twitter, it's a flippin conspiracy website. I don't trust any MSM and Fox specifically has been caught selling fake goods to the public recently. When trying to discuss it, people are accusing me of smearing Fox's name. What the #!$%#$%

UNREAL

A bash fox thread? Really? I will hit Fox over the head as many times as I damn please!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Yes, that's what you get. Actually that post wasn't for you it was for the troll who decided to try and deflect any accountability away from where it rightfully belonged. I speak to trolls in the language they understand. Sorry if you don't approve but then again that post wasn't meant for you as I said.

Anyone who's been paying attention to this subject which has actually been developing now for a few days or more knows that Fox was straight out lying with these BS "No-Go Zones" and their so called Expert on Terrorism. In fact they're being laughed at by those who are actually living in those places because the idea that Muslims have taken over is ridiculous.

Therefore I find anyone who tries to defend Fox or deflect from this, equally ridiculous. It wasn't a little mistake either. It is willful, outright deception on the part of Fox and should shown as such.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

UNREAL

A bash fox thread? Really? I will hit Fox over the head as many times as I damn please!

And I would fight for your right to post anything you wanted, well, within T&C's.

My point was not to knock your thread. To me it wouldn't matter if it was someone making the same thread about MSNBC.
I would post the same reply just switch out the names.

I just find it troubling that so many people get so wrapped up in the BS propaganda vomited out by ALL MSM.
It is ALL BS. It is all choreographed alter realities from the elites. Designed to divide and polarize the sheeple so we never notice what is REALLY going on behind the curtain.
Just turn it off. I fear the ones that defend any MSM source are beyond hope of 'waking up'.

So, I agree with you, fox sucks and is propaganda. Yes, it lies.
I did find it amusing someone used your op to bring up how bad Christians are.

I did not mean to offend you and apologize if I did.

Just posting the reality that I see.
Peace?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I pretty much assume most news channels are prone to a hefty amount of bull#.

In this case, though, I wonder how much this particular bull# actually had any impact on anyone?

I mean, maybe if you were planning a trip to Paris, and used the map on Fox News to determine where you would go and where you wouldn't, what does it matter to you if they had the no-go zones pointed out in the wrong areas?

Many of you planning a trip to Paris and using Fox News as a travel guide????

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

In this case, though, I wonder how much this particular bull# actually had any impact on anyone?

It may not be seen immediately but the idea off Muslim extremist terror cells popping up like Starbucks across the globe and US would cause a stir.

I mean, maybe if you were planning a trip to Paris, and used the map on Fox News to determine where you would go and where you wouldn't, what does it matter to you if they had the no-go zones pointed out in the wrong areas?

The very nature of "no-go zones" existing is pathetic without the proof to back it up. Are you not under the impression that we live in a fear based society?

Many of you planning a trip to Paris and using Fox News as a travel guide????

That is a poor example to minimize the situation. This extremist Muslim thing has been used repeatedly to justify all sorts of nonsense from politicians and lawmakers.

edit on 19-1-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

It may not be seen immediately but the idea off Muslim extremist terror cells popping up like Starbucks across the globe and US would cause a stir.

I do not understand the connection there. I'd like to understand what you are saying better- if you want to attempt clarifying or something.
I am not sure what the situation in France has to with the rest of the globe- they have their particular history and relationship with these peoples.

The very nature of "no-go zones" existing is pathetic without the proof to back it up. Are you not under the impression that we live in a fear based society?

I don't know if you live in a fear based society, and I admit I don't even really comprehend what that term signifies.

But I have had enough direct experience with the no-go zones to know they exist.( the PC term here is "zones sensibles") I used to live next to one, I have had to deal with the police explaining to me that they cannot go in there and they cannot get the men who bombed my house, and threw rocks at us, because they retreat to that zone. I have worked next to another one and got to witness the incredible firepower they have; when they have a wedding it is traditional for everyone to bring out their guns and shoot in the air- they have kalishnikovs- the police are not armed.

They are not all "extremists"- in fact very few are. Most are simply drug traffickers and criminals of various sorts, and they keep their parents and moderate muslim neighbors scared and repressed.

But they are dangerous zones. A girlfriend of my daughter was stupid enough to try to go to the outdoor market in the one next to where my daughter lives (on that list of zones another poster linked to- Fontbartlette) she barely got out of the car before having to run back to it and get away, as she was pummelled with rocks and bottles and chased. Stupid ass is white with blond hair!

But anyway... yes, Fox News got the map all screwed up, and Le Petit Journal made fun of that- but they also said, we all know about these zones, but... look where they pointed them out!!! -That was the mistake- the locations- and perhaps the "extremist" appellation, but it is probably the closest americans can grasp of the situation here- they are dangerous, violent and heavily armed. But not always directed by religion.
edit on 19-1-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Why is it that the current administration can tell proven lies or not attend to business and you don't care ?

Let some guy of zero significance on Fox make a stupid statement and you spend three hundred words knocking the whole network? You people keep trying to kill the messenger. It ain't working! Strangely, evidently Fox News has more credibility in the long run than CNN and MSNBC as the viewers of those two networks are abandoning them in droves. ("Droves" being the most accurate stat I can come up with on short notice.)

mojom
Yes, that's what you get. Actually that post wasn't for you it was for the troll who decided to try and deflect any accountability away from where it rightfully belonged. I speak to trolls in the language they understand. Sorry if you don't approve but then again that post wasn't meant for you as I said.

First, if your going to say I shouldn't reply to your post because it wasn't meant for me, The 'troll', as you say, wasn't talking to you either. He was replying to eisegesis. So your logic kind of fails there.
It is a public forum, where people are supposed to discuss things that are posted. Sounds crazy right?

Second, I find nothing in the "trolls" post that was offensive or deflecting. I quoted it above for you. Just because you don't agree with what he posted doesn't mean his opinion is wrong and not allowable.

Anyone who doesn't agree with you is a 'troll'? To quote you, "I speak to trolls in the language they understand".

So a differing opinion presented in a civil fashion is deemed unacceptable by YOU, tagged a troll, and responded to in a rather demeaning, immature diatribe that borders the T&C's of ATS?

Maybe next time instead of labeling a troll and responding in similar fashion you could tell a MOD about what he wrote being unacceptable and let them deal with it appropriately.

We can all try and keep ATS an adult oriented forum where differing opinions are encouraged and civility is maintained.
There are many other forums that don't have ATS standards.

ETA: this is not defending fox, but what they did was exaggerate, Someone said it was an outright lie.
Deceiving and wrong, but still an exaggeration.

edit on 1 19 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Thank you so much for explaining the in's and out's of ATS and how it functions to me stosh64. It's so refreshing to have a seasoned member such as yourself take a noob like me under their wing and inform me of how I should act and address the manner in which I post. I am sure deep down, somewhere, your words and inspiration have moved my soul to new levels of greatness even if it doesn't show as of yet.

As for my logic, it's sound I assure you. I didn't mean you aren't allowed to respond. I was simply pointing out that there is no need for you to get offended. But it seems you prefer it that way so by all means, get as offended as you like at what I say if you so wish.

Second. If you didn't find the "Trolls" post to be deflecting then you didn't understand what they wrote IMO. They start off by insisting that the OP overlooks lies without a care in the world and going after Fox unjustly. Implying that the OP is a Hypocrite with an agenda that should not be trusted. I found such a tactic to be extremely insulting and underhanded. I do believe I'm not the only one to see it that way either as you may have noticed.

They then go on to downplay what has been clearly established as Fox Repeated Lying and reporting totally false claims. Then tries to shift focus on to those other news channels and whatever lies they might be telling as if that has any relevance in this conversation. Basically doing whatever possible to shift the conversation away from the topic which isn't about "if" they lied, which is known to be true, but the effect it causes. That is deflecting. Or blame shifting or whatever term you'd like to use.

So no. They aren't a Troll because they disagree with me. You disagree with me too but I'm not calling you a troll am I???

Finally, I don't want nor need you to mother me about ATS, adult oriented forum manners, how to speak, act, or anything else for that matter. I realize you feel it's your place to do so however let me just make something perfectly clear. Whether or not you choose to do so will change NOTHING. In fact, the more you try the less I care about anything you have to say to me. This isn't a forum about me or your ideas about how I should act so keep them to yourself if possible. If not, fine, just know that you're wasting your time because I don't care what you think of me.

To eisegesis,
I am sorry if any of this has distracted from your thread. It was not my intention and didn't expect it to go beyond that first post. Unfortunately I am now in the position to have to defend my speech and my character within your thread because I've been called out for the things I've said. Any other statements I make not having to do with your topic I hope can be done privately.
edit on 19-1-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Problem is, huge number of general people's assertion goes completely wrong. Mainstream medias are BIAS at some point and many are aware of that. Major thing is, these expert's statements without any credible source, Is it naivety error or just intentional act?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
FOX news sits up on high of Bullschnit mountain.

I am sure many here have seen the movie Wag the Dog a couple months ago I felt like rewatching it. As I did it dawned on me that FOX has used that movie as a business model.

Is life imitating art with that movie or was art imitating life? I don't know or really care at this point but it is obvious to the intelligent people that FOX scripted that No Go Zone crap and they are still riding the wave they created.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
i can take any of you right now to parts of england that are in muslim control from running the council to the streets drug dealers .to deny this would be a mistake.

i hearby state that i will personally show fox news some of these zones if they require ,,and i can prove the discontent towards natural natives of england..

the above information was derived from 15 years living in a muslim controlled english town .

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I have had to do a little research to find out what exactly is being referred to here.
I just assumed that those involved in this thread are now aware of what was false in that Fox News report and what wasn’t. Now I am not so sure.

I will throw out here some points that might be confused. If not, just scroll on by!

One point to make- what is being referred to as “no go” zones do exist in France, in the biggest cities. Though they are not the neighborhoods that were highlighted as such on that map.

Two- The police and non-muslims are not kept out of these zones through any sort of legal order by the French authorities.
For the most part, they simply stay out of them because it is dangerous for them, they are outnumbered, and have less firepower.
That doesn’t mean (as some of the Fox reports I watched depicted) that there is always riots and burning cars going on there. It means all can be quiet, but if a cop drives in, rocks and bottles will pelt down on him from the higher floors of the buildings, shots will begin to ring out, without it being clear exactly where they are coming from.

Many of the inhabitants of such areas are not muslim at all.

A distinguishing point in France, there is a high population of maghrebis – people of Algerian, Moroccan, and Tunisian origin. These origins have different cultures, yet found a unifying force in recognition of what they have in common- that they speak Arabic. So they embraced the term “arabs” and it is commonly used. The second generation arabs suffer some difficulty in integrating the French culture, and also feeling detached from the culture of their parents. These people make up the majority of the population in the banlieues (the “ghettos”).

For many americans, they hear the word “arab” and assume “muslims” is what is being referred to. That is not the case. Some of these people are Christian, some are not practicing religious muslims, some are moderate muslims, some are not religious at all.

There is NO Sharia law in effect there.
Because they are not all muslim, and the ones that are, are rarely fundamentalists.
...Also because the biggest power and threat in these areas is -

Les Caïds des Cités literally means The Caids of the Banlieues, or HLM crime lords. These are the organized criminal groups that have more recently appeared in the suburbs of most major French cities. The criminal organizations are predominantly formed by French Maghrebis (Algerians, Tunisians and Moroccans) and to a lesser extent French Blacks, Manouche and Yeniche Travellers living in these impoverished suburbs are increasingly involved in these gangs as well.
They are known for their involvement in drug trafficking, weapons trafficking, and murder. Although they are not as secretive as the Corsican gangs, they are just as ruthless. Recently a number of murders (mostly committed with AK-47s) and torture, including setting rivals on fire, in Marseille can be attributed to an intense drug war between organized criminal gangs from the suburbs. Les caids des cités are said to be taking the place the "traditional" criminals used to have in the French Riviera over control of drug trafficking.

en.wikipedia.org...(organized_crime_in_France)

In Islam, alcohol and drug use is prohibited, as is most of this activity, so they have not even allowed the suggestion of Sharia Law to be brought up in their territories!

Even so, the troubled young in these areas see crime with the caids as probably the only option to choose (since they do not want to live as their peaceful parents do- rather unsuccessfully financially),

The extremist recruiters offer another option which has it’s promises and benefits as well, as soldiers for Allah. That doesn’t mean the banlieues, and “no go zones” are made up of ISIS- it means that from there, many young men and women are being picked out, sent to other countries for training, and coming back to commit terrorism in the country of their birth- France. They are not the ones doing gang rapes, murdering store owners, stealing, burning cars, etc. They are the ones that are keeping their heads down and planning or awaiting the right moment for bigger events.

The moderate muslims, and the first generation immigrants, who are peaceful, are often virtual prisoners in these areas of the caids.

This situation here, most of the American public does not know about, and it is not in a ten minute broadcast that they will be told all of that, in order to refer to these zones and situation in a proper context.

I have made a mistake here!!! Somehow I got this thread mixed up with another one, which was about the mention of "no-go" zones in Paris!!
I had to re-read carefully to figure out it is about the claim of such zones in Birmingham, England! I apologize for my mistake, and wish I could take out my post! Mods- if necessary, please do so.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

OH MY GOOD GOD!

Right... Let us examine this bull leaving for what it is.

First of all, America, for all its troubles is in nothing like the danger that is claimed by the gentleman in this video. His prattle would have one believe that the US is in imminent danger of being turned into a tyranny by forces external. This is however, utter nonsense, because it is corporations and individuals resident in the US who are driving the corruption within its government. That the corporations and individuals responsible for this have arms all over the globe, means that they are very good at acting in one place, to make it appear as if another is in danger, or in a different kind of danger than the nation really is.

Furthermore, the implication of this video, and its verbal content, is clear. What is also clear, staggeringly so, is that neither a military dictatorship issuing from without the US, nor one which issues from within it, no matter WHO runs it, will lead to greater freedom for the people, and better circumstances for those who are currently suffering the stupidity of its government. Only a democratic process, consisting of truly representative candidates, who are not only for the people, but OF the people, who believe in the right of people who work hard, whether skilled or unskilled, to be paid a wage they can live on and feed a family out of, has that capacity. Dictatorship, the removal of freedoms and rights from people, in order that they have greater security, is anathema to any population which values its liberty, and all human beings value what liberty they can get.

Simply put, government in a land which values liberty, should enable citizens under its aegis, it should NOT rule them.

Furthermore, I doubt the credentials of the MorningStar Ministry, in light of this mans comments. Jesus may have referred to himself as the Morning Star once before, and that may be the basis, ostensibly, upon which this ministry was named, but the statement made in the video above did not come from Jesus, but issued forth from the foul, corruption blackened throat of Lucifer, if it issued from anywhere at all. If this ministry mistakenly believes that religious organisations should have to do with politics, then it invalidates itself automatically. The installation of ANY theocratic dictatorship, based on ANY faith or ideology other than promoting the freedom of ALL persons to think, love, worship, and earn freely, is unacceptable, and the minister in the above video should be ashamed of himself for even THINKING otherwise.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I know of two English cities where I have personal experience of there being no-go areas for whites and non-muslims. Low end council estates where you wouldn't really want to go but still...
Oh and BTW, Leicester and Bradford are the cities.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Fox News. Credibility? Are you serious? HAHAHA! The only thing Fox has is a bunch of brain sapped viewers that only watch to hear what they want to hear. Viewership isn't indicative of credibility. It just shows that they tell people things they like to hear. The truth hurts, so many people don't want to hear it.

ETA: Before you harp on me about other news outlets, I don't like MSNBC or CNN either, but Fox is FAR worse than either of those two channels.
edit on 19-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Have you seen the recent surge of anti-Islam threads on these forums? I'd wager that it had quite a BIT of an impact on people.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

Really?

I've worked in Bradford for the past 14 years and there is no where in the city I can't go.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join