It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen Muslims/Islam

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

More like they just ignore it. Charlie posted this thread 9 days ago and there are STILL people wondering why Muslims aren't speaking out against terrorism.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

These islamophobes just want to bury their heads in the sand so they can continue to justify their racism. They are completely wrong and it is really starting to get out of hand on these forums. I'm seeing people talk about genocide against Muslims. Why is this acceptable on ATS? We are better than this. Racism is the closest you can get to embracing ignorance and it is rampant here.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
The links i posted above have about 500 articles of Muslims speaking out against violence.

Also, is it really even racism? Maybe in some misinformed cases. But Muslims come in great numbers in all races, if race even exists. In the U.S. alone (old numbers but all I could find fast):

This would probably freak some people out even more on the paranoia scale if they knew. And if I had to venture out with a hypothesis, I'd say it was more the constant mndwashing by the media and politicians and what an individuals' mind perceives from that.
edit on 1/19/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I call it racism because it is the simplest word to use and has the widest definition (considering race doesn't exist and all). I guess you could call it bigotry though. In any case it is the same class of intolerance as racism.
edit on 19-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I just saw this article about a group of peaceful Muslims in the Dallas area gathering for peace and against hate and terror. And how do my lovely fellow Texans react? With hate and animosity, of course.

www.kvue.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Of course some peoples posting history is always anti west even if its a whole world issue.

Anti war.

Yes, war is a whole world issue.

What agressive war? We don't have to war for the oil.

The prize in all that desert is indeed oil. It ain't Brussel Sprouts.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
Sad. I don't know how we're going to overcome this.

Got it. Bigotry probably makes more sense...to us.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Most Muslims are tired of having to express its not done in our name or for our religion...

Yes, the anti christian post on the forum get old too, hell they still harp about things that happened hundreds of years ago.

Not that we don't need reminded, as a Christian growing up, I didn't know that history, I didn't know the negative side.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

So sad... This is EXACTLY what these Islamophobes wanted and they STILL show their hatred. Ah well, they've shown the true colors of the "we want Muslims to protest terrorism" movement. It's all rhetoric to disguise their bigotry.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So sad... This is EXACTLY what these Islamophobes wanted and the STILL show their hatred. Ah well, they've shown the true colors of the "we want muslims to protest terrorism" movement.

Exactly. They don't really care whether Muslims publicly denounce terrorism or not. They just want an excuse to hate/blame.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

The negative side wasn't out there like it is today, but there were still issues. Many issues. People haven't fundamentally changed.

But it the past it was more private, in general, aside from the wars and atrocities committed in the name of religion, just as they are today. But in that general case, I would argue that it would be better had it remained so. Private.

Everyone has a platform today, and unfortunately, other others choose to follow, for whatever reasons they have.

I'm an atheist but will fervently defend the right and privilege of anyone to believe whatever it is they choose to believe so long as it doesn't hurt, judge, or publicly humiliate or criticize someone elses' right to do the same.

The violent acts by the miserable, demented few committed by criminals in the name of a religion doesn't give anyone the right or free reign to condemn or demand an apology of a whole religion or even make that connection, no matter what kind of fear or falsehoods have been instilled. That is just ignorance at its worst.

Criticize the act. The people committing the act. That's rational. Anything else is simply not.

Example: If a Christian adult tells my 5-year old kid he's less than they are and going to hell because he doesn't believe in god, that gets my hackles up. Or if I'm having a bad day and don't happen to smile and someone sarcastically says to me, "bless you" in a sugary sweet, fake-as-hell way, I will tell them to piss off. Not the whole religion. And certainly not condemn a whole religion or lament that it's because I'm an atheist. That's my choice and I can and live with it with.

I find it sad that you feel bashed. I really do. Perception is reality, and that's the reality for you, and there's no sense in that. No call for anyone to make you feel that way. But it helps to talk it out too sometimes.

Anyway, I do believe that the anti-anything bashing has to stop if this world is going to make it. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of this tunnel.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I find it sad that you think that the slandering and hate that is being attributed to all the Muslims of the world (Muslims in this case being people) is the same as all the people who talk down about Christianity (Christianity in this case being a religion) on these forums. Speaking ill about Christianity isn't the same as speaking ill towards others because of the actions of a few.

No one on these forums, yes including me, wants to see Christians killed for their beliefs. We may want to see the religion go the way of the dinosaurs, but we aren't going to stop you from believing what you want to believe. For the record I feel the same way I do about Islam as I do Christianity. They are both old, outdated belief systems that hinder rational discourse, but I'm not going to prevent you from worshiping either of those religions.

Not every thread needs you to come in and feign a Christian persecution complex. You should really learn what it means to be persecuted. Something tells me, you've never been persecuted in your life.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So sad... This is EXACTLY what these Islamophobes wanted and the STILL show their hatred. Ah well, they've shown the true colors of the "we want muslims to protest terrorism" movement.

Exactly. They don't really care whether Muslims publicly denounce terrorism or not. They just want an excuse to hate/blame.

What about the Christians that get bashed daily

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: citizenx1I dread to think where this is heading but can't imagine this isn't going to end up in a major international crisis/war.

or more along the lines of westerners collectivizing into groups of anti-Jihad activists (since our politically-correct leadership is in bed with radical-&-everyday Islam, protecting them and currying favor with Islam/etc.)

local chapters of shotgun toting bikers and ATV'ers 'taking back' territory, training camp compounds and Sharia Law enclaves that became NO-GO areas for regular, blue-collar americans that love Moms & apple-pie & beer parties, wet-T-shirt contests and all that other stuff that is theoretically against the fundamentalist Jihadist ideals (until 'they' want to party before a martyr mission )

maybe that's what the prophecies mean about the end-times civil wars & brother-against-brother battles that rage non-stop
edit on th31142168127919272015 by St Udio because: rider about the present administration & new-speak

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Christians(true ones) will not say to you you will suffer if you do not accept jesus. WHy? because they know they are not God and they do not make those decisions. Judge not should b e drilled into everyones heads.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Christians(true ones) will not say to you you will suffer if you do not accept jesus. WHy? because they know they are not God and they do not make those decisions. Judge not should b e drilled into everyones heads.

I have never said that to anyone,

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Right and I agree fully...

Now do you understand why us Muslims say a true Muslim would never suicide bomb or behead an innocent person or a non-believer?

For exactly the same reason that there is a reason we believe in the Day of Judgement & why the Quran says that Allah is the only Judge!

I should have put Christians in inverted commas to show where I was coming from.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Christians(true ones) will not say to you you will suffer if you do not accept Jesus. Why? because they know they are not God and they do not make those decisions. Judge not should b e drilled into everyone's heads.

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Right and I agree fully...

Now do you understand why us Muslims say a true Muslim would never suicide bomb or behead an innocent person or a non-believer?

For exactly the same reason that there is a reason we believe in the Day of Judgement & why the Quran says that Allah is the only Judge!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I do agree that Allah/Yahweh(The existing one)/ONE/spirit or whatever name you wanna call he/she/it is the one that can and should in the end judge since only an awareness that can see all and know all on all levels should judge and can judge fairly.

Even if I am not 100% happy with the Quran or bible that does not mean the Muslim/Christian:s who uses the Quran/Bible as guiding is from my point of view damned. There a Muslim and Christian:s that are a blessing to be around and I consider them my soul brothers and soul sisters even if I do not agree with the texts. Anyone who act according to the golden rule is my soul brother or soul sister whatever "labels" they choose to define themselves.
edit on 19-1-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Yep. i get it. Now if we can just get everyone else to understand that we would be on the right track.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

I have never said that to anyone,

Well thats good to know. Wasnt directing that at you if ya thought i was btw k?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join