It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen Muslims/Islam

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: citizenx1

I have no intention or need, nor is it my job, to dissaude or influence your perceptions.

Good luck in your endeavours!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I have no intention or need, nor is it my job, to dissaude or influence your perceptions.

Good luck in your endeavours!

Fine with me.

To sum up - You DON'T condemn the murders of innocent people going about their business, you won't engage in discussion about your thinking around this, you won't watch a documentary by the most respected PSB in the world as you consider it "propaganda".

Very interesting.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

From an earlier post of yours:

The politicians are so afraid of people lining up to attack muslims that they speak to us on the subject like children.

Pandering - pure and simple. To the simple?

Those admirable few that are working very hard to maintain order, peace and to protect the innocent - are appealing to people's higher nature. They have their work cut out for them

Your thread might appeal to the base stupidity of the angry mob...

To sum up - You DON'T condemn the murders of innocent people going about their business, you won't engage in discussion about your thinking around this, you won't watch a documentary by the most respected PSB in the world as you consider it "propaganda".

You've been completely unwilling to listen to anyone that has proven you wrong - including actual Muslims that do speak out. Could you be more obvious?

You've lost this thread - most people can read - and understand what they're reading. Thankfully
edit on 1/18/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: breaks...

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I have condemned it...

I have discussed in this thread why I no longer will...
Which shows how much attention you have paid the responses that prove your fallacious OP wrong...

& Panorama is propaganda, there is no debate to be had about that...

So no, it's not "very interesting" at all!
edit on 18-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Do I expect people of Islamic nations to say sorry? No. I DO expect them to say "we don't agree with this, it isn't in our name" BECAUSE without such comments, we must conclude it IS something they support.

What they 'don't agree' with is aggressive war being waged in the Middle East by Western Nations in the name of conquest, oil and money, (our God). They been complaining about that forever, something you won't hear much about in the western main scream media.

Pretty arrogant to expect them to 'not agree' with something so small as a few deaths in reprisal for all the West has done to their homelands.

Blaming the victims much?

What agressive war? We dont have to war for the oil.The rest of the world buys it. the west even gave them the ability to drill for it in the start. If not for that they would had still been driving camels. Of course some peoples posting history is always anti west even if its a whole world issue.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Take this answer as an uneducated or educated reason.
Fore a start stop quoting what any radical Christian church wants to do to homosexuals or any one who disagrees with them. They are NOT killing people for their religious beliefs. IF they did they would be roundly rejected from their supposed faith.

Now take the Muslim terrorists. Do not beat about the bush or throw obfuscation in the mix, they are vocally through the MSM and the WWW saying it IS the Muslim religious way they are following.

Now that in my terms makes it a Muslim problem(no matter who caused it) it is not good enough for moderate Muslims to speak out about the attacks it IS up to the moderate Muslims to actually do something about it. It is not up to me to tell them how to do that but just talking is not cutting the mustard, they must be seen to be trying to eliminate these fanatics.

Whether moderate Muslims agree or disagree does not blind people to the fact that THEY ARE doing these acts in your name no matter how many times you say they are not.

Clean up your act or don't protest when the western world does it for you.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

You need to go read every article here and here.

Maybe that will put a dent in your perceptions.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: citizenx1

Next. No, I do not wish to "hate" muslims or anyone else. I would however like to go about my life without the fear of some nutcase with a grudge pulling out an AK and shooting everyone in sight.

Ah... well... if you live in the US there are a lot of folks with guns, and if you live in the UK, we already have had that with the IRA

Next, the examples people have cited in here are either ancient or very questionable/limited.

Except they aren't, because they are all about Charlie Hebdo, and against ISIS.

Parroting your original argument, when you have been proven wrong, really doesn't show the mindset of someone not wanting to "hate on", which you have said you don't want to do.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

My feeling is, we are within a decade of such events.

I'm not going to be so bold as put a date on anything, but I will say this;

We've let the devil into our back yard and he is building an army of the likes we have never seen before.

I say that exact same thing and people who are Islamic supporters tell me to shut up, that I don't know what I am talking about.

Jimmy Carter expelled every Iranian in 1979. What happened since then? He became anti-Semitic, blaming the Jews for everything.

Go back to the 1970s and look at just how Muslims were operating in Europe, nothing changed and it is getting worse. Raid on Entebbe, that was just a preview that no one took seriously. The Munich Olympics, did the German police blunder accidentally?

Blunder upon blunder upon blunder and now people are crying that there is a problem. 1972 should have been a wake up call to Europe, 1976 should have reinforced it, but when Mossad went after them in 1972, what did we hear? Mossad is evil.

Europe has a problem on its hands, they haven't dealt with it since 1972. Wake up people, you've been hiding your heads in the sand so long you fell asleep.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Just a question to those who are asking for apologies from the muslim world. When in your life have you ever apologised for something you didn't do or take part in?

I don't think that those of you who think like this quite grasp how angry some of us are getting.

We are looking for something, anything from the world of Islam that says 'hey guys, we're not cool with the terrorists either' Even better from them would be 'Let's sort this problem out together as citizens of planet earth'

But so far all we have heard is eerie silence from them.

Right on. Star!

The silence is deafening...and by it I clearly hear that muslims tend
not to criticize other muslims, even the radical islamists...

What does it mean? They mostly silently agree w terror as a weapon?
Hope not, but until I hear otherwise, I must assume, ya know?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Whoopee....Another thread with the same people on both sides saying the same things. Stars and flags for everyone.

edit on 18-1-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Just to point out, I am atheist.

The sweetest, kindest, most gentle woman I know, is Muslim.
The most helpful man I know, is Muslim.
The cheapest and most helpful grocery store locally, is run by a Muslim family. They will even deliver my groceries for free, because they know I am disabled.

However, the most obnoxious and arrogant man I know, is also Muslim.
The most snobbish woman I know, is Muslim.

What is my point? Muslims are PEOPLE. They don't have an agenda, they just want to get on with their lives in peace. However just like people, they come in Nice Person and Asshole variety. Just as Christians come in both Asshole and Nice Person variety.

Why should the Nice Person variety have to apologize for the Asshole variety? When was the last time YOU apologized for someone else being an Asshole?

I have some issues with the Islamic faith, but I have zero issues with the people who follow it.

Oh and unlike the local Catholics or Church of England, they don't spend every waking moment telling me how great God is, and trying to convert me. I asked about this, "If you are destined to be a Muslim, Allah himself will call you. It's not my job."

On the whole, I prefer the company of Muslims purely for their lack of evangelism.
edit on 18/1/2015 by BMorris because: Extra info

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Ok, Charlie, Peace.

Jah is One youtu.be...

. More blessed ONES singing. I wished I knew all languages so I could understand the words and see the spiritual meta behind with my consciousness.

In the end all souls is connected one way or another to ONE.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Why would someone not affiliated with those guys or their extremist views feel the need to do anything openly? I do not get some need to let the world know my feelings every time a christian does something evil. The accountability rests only with them and those involved, so I'm not sure what the OP is looking for...

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik
a reply to: neformore

If you are simply wanting to hate on muslims, no amount of actual fact about how moderate muslims appose terrorism is going to make a damn bit of difference to you opinion

The problem is that we can see thousands and thousands of not "so moderate" muslims in Pakistan burning French flags and effigies of French president Hollande. We don't want to hate them, but the opposite is true, unfortunately.

Thousands and thousands? 2000 marched In Karachi. 10 million people live in Karachi, 2000 out of 10 million is 0,00002 %.

6000 protested in Lahore. 7 million people live in Lahore, 6000 out of 7 million is 0,01 %

200 protested in Islamabad.

Thousands and thousands? Hardly.

Those few thousands are as relevant as Westboro Baptist Church is in the USA.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackNWhite

If you want to win this war without a fight than stop bombing muslim countries every decade,stop overthrowing their governments,stop supporting Israel at everything they do,stop droning weddings and funurals and stop being a f hypocrite.

WOAH. I'm NOT going to let this pass.

1). I do not participate or support attacking ANY country. I WILL support it if these attacks of soft targets continue. That is kind of the point - these attacks are turning those who DO NOT support the behaviours of their governments AGAINST those who they previously spoke up in support of. Those who've spoken up HAVE had some effect on moderating the extent to which these governments have acted. Their future silence will have dire consequences.

2). I DO NOT support Israel. I think it is one of the most disgusting nations on the planet. Depending on where you are from (and I have no idea), you may not be aware but in many western nations, when you criticise Israel you're labelled as anti-semitic. Its repulsive.

3). Returning to point one, I do not support attacks in foreign nations. HOWEVER, I WILL if this continues. Killing "legitimate" targets by drones does not fit in with my view at present but it WILL.

4). DO NOT presume to tell people that if they don't comply with demands issued by those murdering civilians who have NOTHING to do with the acts of their governments will push western people into cowering and giving in. That is NOT what we do.

Here in the UK we're definitely one of the most tolerant nations on earth to people of other faiths and backgrounds. We do not restrict their speech even when verbally "attacking us" in our own country but we will only take so much bloodshed.

1. What effect are you talking about? Your government still bombed Libya. Your government will do anything US tells them to,nothing's changed.

2. You hate Israel? Cute. But again, your government doesent

m.bbc.com...

3. Again. Attacking countries only creates more terrorists. Ffs, there was no Isis when Saddam, Gadaffi and Assad were in charge. Thanks for removing them,or something

4. See, this is the hypocricy i am pointing out. Civilians in your country are not to blame on behalf of your governments wrongdoing, yet when a few psycopaths who are muslim go bat# you hold every muslim in the world accountable for the actions of the few.

Can a ordinary muslim from Indonesia or Turkey be held accountable for the actions of Isis or Al Qaida ? Would you be responsible If someone one day decided to murder people in the name of Elizabeth II?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I have a slightly different thought about these people. They fear the radical Muslim. Because of this fear they will not speak out. They fear for their lives. Radicals have no concept of free speech. So they simply kill those that do not agree with them.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Threads like this need to start being deleted for bigotry. This is getting absurd. Like a new one is posted every day...

Ah so you're against freedom of speech?

Noted.

Oh? I don't recall petitioning the government to remove your right to be racist. ATS is a private forum, there is no freedom of speech here. You should learn what freedom of speech is before you use that buzzphrase.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BMorris

"If you are destined to be a Muslim, Allah himself will call you. It's not my job."

This is the Muslims way, that is Islam...

If it is not a decision of the persons heart...
What good is it?

On the other hand a Christian will tell you if you don't accept Jesus, you will suffer?

I know someone will come along and say ISIS behead people for not converting...
Which is much worse imo, but they are not truly Soldiers of Allah.

What they're converting people to is perverse.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
Yep. And we all pretty much know that if they did speak up, then the song would be, "Ah see this is a smokescreen..."

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join