It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dog has been injured... & I'm angry damn it!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Like has been said....it's likely vet time....
Sounds like Ghost is in pain to me.

I know Emily--my Husky-- is extra crabby some mornings....I've learned that is time to give her a second pain med.

PS
Lots of positive energy your way for a speedy recovery for Ghost.

edit on Tue Jan 13 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
He'll be alright. Just stiffed up a little bit and had his pride hurt.
Keep an eye on the wounds. If they get infected he may need some antibiotics.
He's probably growling because he is in pain and doesn't want to be jacked with.
Give it a few days and he'll be back to normal. Dogs heal fast.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Not sure if you have any but if you do give your dog a 50 or 100 mg of tramadol til you get the poor guy to the vet and keep him comfy. Get well Ghost.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

He's in pain and may have a serious injury, possibly internal. Don't wait. Take him to the vet NOW. Pit bulls are very stoic about pain so he must be in considerable pain to growl. If you were in that much pain you would probably be crying.
edit on 13-1-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
He'll be alright. Just stiffed up a little bit and had his pride hurt.
Keep an eye on the wounds. If they get infected he may need some antibiotics.
He's probably growling because he is in pain and doesn't want to be jacked with.
Give it a few days and he'll be back to normal. Dogs heal fast.

You don't know that's he's OK and just stiff. If the Mastiff jumped on him, he may have a spinal injury. He may have a head injury. He may have broken bones. He may have internal injuries. He needs to be checked by a vet.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Beautiful dog, I love the block heads

Hope all is well with your pups soon!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Jude does have this up, pop in and give us updates

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Actually we might have, my Mum used to use it for her back.

Thanks saneone.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Nearest Vet that's open at this hour (5am) is about an hour and a half away...
He's sleeping and not complaining for now, so I'll wait until the morning.

He'll only get pissed off if I wake him up now.

edit on 13-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Lol thanks Sremmos.

Appreciate the link as well, hate using the search engine and I was hoping visit that thread again.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Sorry about your dog.

ok, so Ghost was not on a leash? and do you not have a fence? The
lead the "geezer" had was no good as he is an older man, maybe late 50s early 60s...?

Not sure what kind of Mastiff you are referring too, but some can reach 110 kg. A dog this size, would be hard for anyone to handle, including younger people like you. The "Geezer" should have trained the dog to heal. And; as well, you guys should have kept Ghost from running out the door.

You are lucky if the wounds in the picture are all of it. Between a Mastiff and a Pitt Bull, it could have been much worse.
My friend has 6 Rots; who got into a scuffle among themselves. The final outcome was a few torn ears, some nasty gashes and $6,500 US in vet bills. You have a dog that can inflict powerful damage if he so chooses with those jaws, so I would recommend keeping him on a leash or a fenced yard as much as possible.

good luck and I know how you feel. I am dog lover too. I didn't see the old dude or the other dog, but in all candor, I took a little offense at the idea of a dude in the fifties being labeled a geezer, or too feeble to control the dog. takes two to tango.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ogbert

The front door is on the street front, so no fence I'm afraid.

And even with the door open he never goes further than the front door until his lead is on...

It just so happened he got excited by the Jack Russell at the same moment.

Geezer isn't an insult where I'm from, it refers to any man of any age really.

You may think that, but I've never struggled with a dog before...
So I still hold the man responsible, & still think it's selfish to have a dog you can't handle.

If the dog bites another dog or a person, he'd be put down.

There is a small woman on our street who has a massive Rotty and she handles him fine even when he is pulling...

This guy is over 6 feet and struggled...

To me, that is selfish behaviour.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

He's back on the bed.
Letting me stroke him without growling.

He did let out a tiny whimper when he climbed up though.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Charlie those wounds look terrible they need to be cleaned out and looked at soon.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
That's ugly, man. I saw an English mastiff tangle with a pit and it was some scary Sh*t. It looks like he got off lucky. I was wondering, did the old man scream before or after the mastiff attacked? If he screamed before, the mastiff could have been trying to protect him. At any rate, I'm glad it didn't get as bad as it could have.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Nah the wounds are tiny, honestly, that is just blood that's matted into the fur.

As soon as the pain goes I'll wipe him down, but that's honestly just dry blood not the wounds.

It's from when he was shaking his head last night, you should see the walls and radiator in the flat it's like a blood bath...

You can't really see the wounds in that photo, just where the blood ran and matted.

Appreciate the concern though pal, thank you.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

It was before, I use scream as a descriptive basically he was shouting and Ghost stopped in his tracks wondering what he'd done wrong then the Mastiff grabbed him...

He could have killed him if he wanted too I think, or at least attempted to...
But I think he was just trying to pin him, or the wounds would have been deeper and more torn open.

In all honesty, they're no worse than cuts you'd see on a child's knees.

Otherwise I'd have taken him straight to the Vets.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

A shout would have been enough. You might still want to get him checked out if he doesn't improve.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
he's a handsome boy! i agree with the vet thing.. but in the meantime if you have any manuka honey lying about, apply some to his wounds, it helps with infection and healing and i've used it on both my dogs to amazing effect

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Good to hear that, pics can sometimes make things look worse.

You ain't kidding either about the bloodshed that a dog can produce from minor wounds, had a lab years ago and one day out of nowhere she jumped up looked at my wife and I like she seen satan ran down the hall into the bathroom and took a bite of the glass shower door nicked her tounge slightly and if you would have walk into the house you would have thought a murder took place.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I know it's crazy ain't it, the blood run was from a small slit in his right ear which is why he has blood up the side of his face from shaking like he just got out of the rain...

Last night his neck and face were red... And as you said the floor looks like a murder scene.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join