It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dog has been injured... & I'm angry damn it!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

He couldn't even control him a little bit mate...

I don't hold it against him as he is an older gentleman & I'm sure he loves his dog very much...

But it'd be a different outcome if it was a human or another dog owners puppy who might go to the police...

The dog would be put down.

If Ghost gets snipped and chipped there is not much they can do unless he is involved in an incident.
That was relayed to us today by someone who works for a Dangerous Dogs association.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: okyouwin

One of his dogs was also without a leash, the only difference is mine was on our porch, and his was being walked in public...

The Mastiff had him by the neck and top of the head...

It was the Jack Russell that started attacking his legs, which I only found out today.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies people...

I appreciate it so much, honestly!!!

Ghost was taken to the Vets today, and we were told he has a minor infection...

He had already stopped the growling and was moving a little better in his leg before he got there...

He was given a weeks worth of antibiotics & pain killers.

Vet said he will be fine.

Thanks for all the concern, help, kind words & even criticism...
All appreciated & taken on board!!!

xxx

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Awesome to hear!

It sucks seeing your pup in pain.

This was my bubs for a while, had to leave her with a friend when I moved cause I couldn't bring her along.
She had to have leg surgery and afterwords she didn't even want to walk on her legs, she would just drag her bum how she is sitting in the pic or literally lift her back end up and walk on her front two legs for a bit.
Was heartbreaking.
She did get pretty strong in the chest area from it tho
edit on thWed, 14 Jan 2015 17:06:27 -0600America/Chicago120152780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

That's heartbreaking to hear pal, it's even more upsetting when you know there is nothing you can do...

Happened with my last dog Trouble...

Once he reached 10 he started slowing down and dropped from about 14stone of pure muscle to about 9stone...
I think it was Cancer that he succumbed to in the end...

Cos he lived with my dad & granddad at the time, & I wasn't really on speaking terms with my dad...

I didn't see him in his final year...

Still tears me up inside everyday!

All I have left is his picture on my wall.

edit on 14-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

What a relief it must be to you!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Glad to hear he's ok.
I'm sure you're relieved but you can chill now and you'll be out walking together as usual before you know it.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Ya it was, but she rebounded from it all now you would never know.

Can jump over the couch from a stand still and will do it without thinking twice.

I love the name trouble, sorry to hear that you didn't get to see him in his final days.
Damn tear jerker of a thread!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Very much so DTOM...

Thanks for your kind words early in the thread...

Was much appreciated!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Good to hear he's okay. It can get scary when your furkids get hurt.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
He's young and will bounce back in no time. Good to hear.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Happy to hear all is well. He may become either timid or aggressive towards dogs of the same stature or dogs in general. That happened to my Jack Russel who was torn up by a Black Lab without warning.
He cringes away in any larger black dogs presence.
I agree owners should be able to handle their dogs, how would they like it if we excused our selves running a stop light because of V8 engine.
Oh, you said he was "older", 50-60, well I am in the "Golden age" and can easily handle a full grown Rotty and a horse.

Happy Wags
WIS

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Mastiffs are great drooly things, your boy could very well have an infection from his wounds... do they look infected?? I'm not an expert by any means, but bites from any animal tend to share a lot of bacteria. Could be muscle damage, our mild tempered sweet loving family dalmation of 15 years went from sweet, to hell before we had her put down and it was due to muscle and joint pain. She had sooo many problems when we decided it was time, but the hip displasia and onset of kidney problems was the reason we chose to let her go when we did.

pain can make a sweet thing mean, just keep an eye on him. I think a vet visit would do him good if you can afford to.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx

Ghost was taken to the Vets today, and we were told he has a minor infection... He had already stopped the growling and was moving a little better in his leg before he got there... He was given a weeks worth of antibiotics & pain killers. Vet said he will be fine. Thanks for all the concern, help, kind words & even criticism... All appreciated & taken on board!!! xxx

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I'm happy to hear that Ghost is ok and that he got some anti-biotics. You don't want to mess around with the chance of an infection getting bad.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Sorry I was late to the party.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Your dog caused the situation,if your gonna have a dog be responsible.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: kebos

You're crazy if you think I'm gonna stop my dog from going onto my porch on my street...

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kebos

Please don't Troll, I know more about dogs than you know about the tip of your nose.
C.S's dog was not in the wrong. He proposed submisive behaviour and was attacked.
Every one in this thread have been realistic and compassionate, again please don't Troll (state a fact with out sufficiant foundation).
Thank You for your input.
WIS

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

im so sorry your pittie was attacked. i kinda agree with you about the old man. i own a mastiff as well. she is so loveable but she hates smaller dogs and will attack them. you must absolutely be able to handle them and they need to be well trained this is a must. mastiffs are so powerful if they dont mind you its a accident waiting to happen.

now to the reason why i posted. please go get your pittie some colloidal silver from Walgreen. and give it to him in his water. it will help to kill the infections over his whole body especially inside. i know for a fact that this works. im diabetic and got bad gangrene on my foot. i was presented with the option to go to hospital for intravenous antibiotics. i declined. i would have been there for several weeks.

i made my own silver solution and it killed the infection and my foot looks normal again even after the dead skin came off...

i would post pics of it if i didnt think it would gross people out and i could figure out how to do it...

the silver solution is a life saver and just might stop something bad from happening to your wonderful pittie...

he is a great looking male.

hope you and him recover soon and thank you for not blaming the mastiff..

its the owner that needs to take the blame.. and this is coming from a mastiff owner...

regards robert in louisiana..

ps here is a link for you to review
well crap link didnt work here is the product i am talking about available at walgreens.

Peaceful Mountain Ionic Colloidal Silver

$13.49

edit on 16-1-2015 by rwguessjr because: added link to walgreens for silver solution.

edit on 16-1-2015 by rwguessjr because: link didnt work

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join