It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophet Muhamad Cartoons

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

originally posted by: Char-Lee

a reply to: Char-Lee

If the same thread was made about Jews how long would it last before being shut and labeled antisemitic?

You mean a thread discussing Jewish beliefs? There are so many of them on here and they were not shut down?

No a thread that will attract people posting pictures spreading their hateful bile here on ats. Check out the last thread that tried this, downright hate speech that's why it was shutdown, now the OP wants to start it up again. What would happen yo me if I tried to start a picture thread lampooning any other religion? It would be shutdown and I think I would be banned.

Since it is really about beliefs and about being offended I think the comparison of the many, many Palestinian vs Jew arguments on ATS is a very good comparison.

Tell you what, if you are do confident of it I have a challenge for you, start 2 more picture threads taking the piss out of Christianity and Judaism. Will you accept the challenge? Will any of you that thinks this is ok accept it?

So basically you are saying people who will are courageous.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

That challenge is open still to everyone, if you are so confident that starting a picture thread insulting Muslims is ok then fire ahead and make 2 asking for people to post pictures of Christianity and Judaism. The criteria is they have to be picture threads and they have to be taking the piss. Time to put your money where your mouth is. Good luck

We have rules on this site but I would assume such threads are out there on others, I honestly don't see the connection to the OP.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

I have a family and I pay most my bills with entertainment. If my next video was a cartoon of Mohammed...that would be a stupid thing to do.

Unless you were involved in a fight for a freedom. It would then be like a Man hiding a banned book from Hitler whether he actually wanted to read it or not.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

That challenge is open still to everyone, if you are so confident that starting a picture thread insulting Muslims is ok then fire ahead and make 2 asking for people to post pictures of Christianity and Judaism. The criteria is they have to be picture threads and they have to be taking the piss. Time to put your money where your mouth is. Good luck

We have rules on this site but I would assume such threads are out there on others, I honestly don't see the connection to the OP.

So posting pics insulting Muslims is ok in your book but not any other religion? Careful now your bigotry is showing. And yes it has everything to do with the thread.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Why?

Because it is the one true path to ending hate. It simply works.

Also because
Vengeance is mine said the lord...I really doubt any God needs people to physically defend them I don't think I have seen the scripture in any book where the deity is begging to be defended by a human.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

One of the only places you won't find any answers to Islam!

I have researched this once before, I love studying all of the various religious works and trying to understand them...can you direct me to some information that would explain your response? And thank you, I have no hate in me only searching to understand my world.
edit on 12-1-2015 by Char-Lee because: sp.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: fr33sp33ch

You remarks suggest that permitting the implementation of fear to achieve a goal is fine by you.
I have nothing to say to that. If you choose to live a life in fear, that's your business...
My beliefs stand with the idea that the freedom to say whatever you God damn please is like
the immovable mountain.

Someone who takes offense to another person's words, not their actions mind you, is a threat
to freedom itself. If someone's beliefs don't agree with mine then the consensus is agreeing to
disagree. As soon as a force is exerted outside that realm - then we simply must do what we have
to in order to preserve peace.

Is there a flaw in this logic I fail to see??

There is one flaw...

My beliefs stand with the idea that the freedom to say whatever you God damn please

Every nation has laws and if the people of that nation choose to pass laws against something (example: slander) then it needs to be abided by or the law needs to be changed.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NuclearPaul
Anyone knows full well that drawing pictures of Prophet Mohammed is going to make religious extremists want to kill you. How hard is it, for the sake of world peace, to resist the urge to draw their invisible man in the sky?

Anyone who goes out of their way to provoke these nutcases gets no sympathy from me if they are killed. It's simply a stupid thing to do.

I really doubt that every person killed drew that cartoon or even had control of the publishing.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: zandra
a reply to: screwey

Better you don't make cartoons of their prophet naked and in all possible disgusting positions. They are not ready for that kind of humor.
If we have the right to ridiculize their religion in our cartoons, they have the right to be deeply hurt by our cartoons. But their reaction is cruel and I condemn it.

I think it is beyond this, beyond the cartoon or any of this particular thread.

It seems to me there is a group gaining power and what they are doing is trying to be like the Catholics were when they to reached the Mayans. They want to remove and change and dictate and they will kill children and burn books and takeaway education and whatever they think will regulate the people into what they insist is the truth.

This is what people are standing against, it is not the Muslim community it is a cult arising like Hitler did.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

So posting pics insulting Muslims is ok in your book but not any other religion? Careful now your bigotry is showing. And yes it has everything to do with the thread.

Not sure how you got that from what I said. What I meant is I don't think the rules of this site would allow for the posting of such cartoons or insulting material pertaining to any religion but it is on sites that allow it.

So yes I am for the world being able to post insulting pictures of every religious person, I have seen many depicting the Pope and Jesus I doubt the Pope or Jesus would want you dead for that. I personally would not do any of the things that I see out there, I don't watch comedy shows because all they do is insult or be perverse and I don't find it funny but they have the right under our law.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Nothing specific sadly, it's been a while since I decided AnsweringIslam is too biased to take serious research from...
& I can't remember the specifics of what brought me to that conclusion, however there were many...

I do remember Aisha's age being a deciding factor...
When I looked into it before I converted, I searched high a low for something tangible, it was the final step for me as I wouldn't have joined a religion that endorsed childhood marraige...
Nothing I found really confirmed anything and it was all based on speculation & wild interpretations.

Then I noticed a pattern of only people who had a serious problem with Islam would bring it up as some sort of proof against Muhammad's righteousness...
It's like their final "go-to" when they run out of things to argue about...

This convinced me that the original allegation came from a nefarious source to sow discord, the rumour spreaders that the Quran mentions.

I'd say the best source of any queries you have, would be the Quran itself.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

If you want to insult the terrorist then make cartoons of the terrorist not Muhammad. It makes no sense to insult the whole religion when you only want to insult a few psychopaths.

People should have the right to Freedom of the Press.

Religions get picked on all the time, look at the former and current pope. And Catholic priests. lol

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I'd say the best source of any queries you have, would be the Quran itself.

I have done my reading there also, I just can't match it to the religion of today, but again what amount of truth do we get in the news and how many Families do I personally know who practice this religion...zero.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The KKK is a Christianity-affiliated organization. Do we mock their religion when they murder? No? I wonder why that is? Couldn't be because we want to "other" people who look and think differently from us. No need to look like an ass to a whole religion when it's just a few nutjobs making them look bad.

Do you know who the vast majority of terrorism victims are? Muslims. So by drawing their icon, you are fighting against offender and victim alike. What's the point?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: caprellid

The KKK has the right to free expression as do those who oppose them.

As long as they don't cross the legal line of making a threat.

So, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

An radical islamic group does a bad thing: we attempt to anger the entire religion, because apparently its all their fault.

A radical christian group does a bad thing: no one? cares??? and if you said "christianity has gone too far" people say "whoah this isn't all christians"

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: caprellid

An radical islamic group does a bad thing: we attempt to anger the entire religion, because apparently its all their fault.

A radical christian group does a bad thing: no one? cares??? and if you said "christianity has gone too far" people say "whoah this isn't all christians"

Emotions are internal. Each person who reacts negatively is personally responsible. Not the outside force.

Yes the "they're not real Christians" excuse is annoying.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

You sure are reacting negatively

Emotions aren't a bad thing, believe it or not. Religion is something a lot of people hold dear, and by depicting Mohammud, you're upsetting more than just terrorists. A lot of innocent people that you have targeted and equated with the bad guys.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: caprellid

You sure are reacting negatively

Emotions aren't a bad thing, believe it or not. Religion is something a lot of people hold dear, and by depicting Mohammud, you're upsetting more than just terrorists. A lot of innocent people that you have targeted and equated with the bad guys.

Individuals ARE responsible for their actions?

How is "emotions are internal" saying emotions are bad? It's just a fact.

Reaction emotionally to a negative trigger is not the fault of the trigger.

edit on 12-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

buster i am watching you for years growing up into a strong man

well done kiddo

(irony being you might be older than me lol)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join