It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophet Muhamad Cartoons

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Why don't we just end this and make it law, a part of our countries' constitutions that Sharia Law will never be allowed in our countries, ever. We will make it irrevocable in perpetuity. Any problems with that? It's actually a very easy and clear answer to our situation if you think about it. Who wants to defend Sharia Law? Step up and show your true intentions.

If we don't do a major stroke like this we will be stuck in a circle jerk of "I'm offended someone drew a cartoon that I don't like" or I'm offended my neighbor was playing ABBA and it's against my beliefs" or "I'm offended my neighbor cooks bacon every morning", or "I'm offended my neighbor's wife wears shorts in the summertime" or, etc, etc, etc, etc. . .

If they know countries' stance from the beginning and know it can't be altered maybe they'll go to one more in keeping with their beliefs.

STM

Note: I am pretty sure this is checkmate.
edit on 12-1-2015 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch
Why don't we just end this and make it law, a part of our countries' constitutions that Sharia Law will never be allowed in our countries, ever.

What exactly do you know about Sharia Law?

The U.S. has many sects of religious law, such as Amish, and Hasidic Jews that have their own laws.

None of them take priority over US Laws.

Hysteria at its finest.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Why don't we just end this and make it law, a part of our countries' constitutions that Sharia Law will never be allowed in our countries, ever.

The U.S. has many sects of religious law, such as Amish, and Hasidic Jews that have their own laws.

Hysteria at its finest.

How wrong can you be? Sharia laws take precedence over all countries' laws according to Islam. Our country already has our law of the land we don't need to override it with others as they're beginning to allow in Europe. And the Amish, really, are you saying they flog and stone people? Cut off hands? Crucify people? etc, etc, etc . . . .

You need to take off the blinders,

And you need to realize that this is a peaceful solution,

STM

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
What else does one need to know? Here is just a little bit from wiki of their fanatical laws:

According to the United Nations' the Universal Declaration of Human Rights,[139] every human has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change their religion or belief. Sharia has been criticized for not recognizing this human right. According to scholars[15][140][141] of traditional Islamic law, the applicable rules for religious conversion under Sharia are as follows:

If a person converts to Islam, or is born and raised as a Muslim, then he or she will have full rights of citizenship in an Islamic state. Leaving Islam is a sin and a religious crime. Once any man or woman is officially classified as Muslim, because of birth or religious conversion, he or she will be subject to the death penalty if he or she becomes an apostate, that is, abandons his or her faith in Islam in order to become an atheist, agnostic or to convert to another religion. Before executing the death penalty, Sharia demands that the individual be offered one chance to return to Islam.[citation needed]

If a person has never been a Muslim, and is not a kafir (infidel, unbeliever), he or she can live in an Islamic state by accepting to be a dhimmi, or under a special permission called aman. As a dhimmi or under aman, he or she will suffer certain limitations of rights as a subject of an Islamic state, and will not enjoy complete legal equality with Muslims.[citation needed] If a person has never been a Muslim, and is a kafir (infidel, unbeliever), Sharia demands that he or she should be offered the choice to convert to Islam and become a Muslim; if they reject the offer, he or she may either be killed, enslaved, or ransomed if captured.[142]

According to Sharia theory, conversion of disbelievers and non-Muslims to Islam is encouraged as a religious duty for all Muslims, but leaving Islam (apostasy), expressing contempt for Islam (blasphemy), and religious conversion of Muslims is prohibited.[143][144] Not all Islamic scholars agree with this interpretation of Sharia theory.

In practice, as of 2011, 20 Islamic nations had laws declaring apostasy from Islam as illegal and a criminal offense.. Such laws are incompatible with the UDHR's requirement of freedom of thought, conscience and religion.[145][146][147][148]

In another 2013 report based on international survey of religious attitudes, more than 50% of Muslim population in 6 out of 49 Islamic countries supported death penalty for any Muslim who leaves Islam (apostasy).[149][150] However it is also shown that the majority of Muslims in the 43 nations surveyed did not agree with this interpretation of Sharia. Some scholars claim that Sharia allows religious freedom because a Shari'a verse teaches, "there is no compulsion in religion."[151] Others scholars claim Sharia recognizes only one proper religion, considers apostasy as sin punishable with death, and members of other religions as kafir (infidel);[152] or hold that Shari'a demands that all apostates and kafir must be put to death, enslaved or be ransomed.[153][154][155][156] Yet other scholars suggest that Shari'a has become a product of human interpretation and inevitably leads to disagreements about the “precise contents of the Shari'a." In the end, then, what is being applied is not Sharia, but what a particular group of clerics and government decide is Sharia. It is these differing interpretations of Shari'a that explain why many Islamic countries have laws that restrict and criminalize apostasy, proselytism and their citizens' freedom of conscience and religion.[157][158]

LGBT rights Main article: LGBT in Islam Homosexual intercourse is illegal under sharia law, though the prescribed penalties differ from one school of jurisprudence to another. For example, only a few Muslim-majority countries impose the death penalty for acts perceived as sodomy and homosexual activities: Iran,[159] Saudi Arabia,[160] and Somalia.[161] In other Muslim-majority countries such as Egypt, Iraq, and the Indonesian province of Aceh,[162] same-sex sexual acts are illegal,[163] and LGBT people regularly face violence and discrimination.[164] In Turkey, Bahrain and Jordan, homosexual acts between consenting individuals are legal.[citation needed] There is a new movement of LGBT Muslims, particularly in Jordan, the UK with Imaan and Al-Fatiha in America.[citation needed] Books such as Islam and Homosexuality by Siraj Scott has also contributed to playing a proactive role in LGBT- and Islam-related ideas.[original research?] Women Main articles: Women in Islam and Islam and domestic violence

Domestic violence Many scholars[16][165] claim Shari'a law encourages domestic violence against women, when a husband suspects nushuz (disobedience, disloyalty, rebellion, ill conduct) in his wife.[166] Other scholars claim wife beating, for nashizah, is not consistent with modern perspectives of the Quran.[167] One of the verses of the Quran relating to permissibility of domestic violence is Surah 4:34.[168][169] In deference to Surah 4:34, many nations with Shari'a law have refused to consider or prosecute cases of domestic abuse.[170][171][172][173] Shari'a has been criticized for ignoring women's rights in domestic abuse cases.[174][175][176][177] Musawah/CEDAW, KAFA and other organizations have proposed ways to modify Shari'a-inspired laws to improve women's rights in Islamic nations, including women's rights in domestic abuse cases.[178][179][180][181] Personal status laws and child marriage Shari'a is the basis for personal status laws in most Islamic majority nations. These personal status laws determine rights of women in matters of marriage, divorce and child custody. A 2011 UNICEF report concludes that Shari'a law provisions are discriminatory against women from a human rights perspective.

In legal proceedings under Shari'a law, a woman’s testimony is worth half of a man’s before a court.[[182] Except for Iran, Lebanon and Bahrain which allow child marriages, the civil code in Islamic majority countries do not allow child marriage of girls. However, with Shari'a personal status laws, Shari'a courts in all these nations have the power to override the civil code. The religious courts permit girls less than 18 years old to marry. As of 2011, child marriages are common in Middle East, accounting for 1 in 6 all marriages in Egypt and 1 in 3 marriages in Yemen. Rape is considered a crime in all countries, Shari'a courts in Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Syria and Tunisia in some cases allow a rapist to escape punishment by marrying his victim, while in other cases the victim who complains is often prosecuted with the Sharia crime of Zina (adultery).[[182][183][184]

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Hysteria at its finest.

How wrong can you be? Sharia laws take precedence over all countries' laws according to Islam.

No it doesn't.

I get so tired of the ignorant hysteria.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You are clearly one of the "say it enough and it will be true" crowd. Well guess what, you are wrong and your view is not true. No Sharia Ever in Western Countries is my stance and it won't need one tank, one general, or even a drone attack. If it is made irrevocable in perpetuity it will be as a wall that can't be overcome. At least we'll have that assurance.

STM

Thanks Queenofswords, that text makes the living style of this religion pretty clear.

edit on 12-1-2015 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask
a reply to: screwey

Oh ya...let's see. Poke fun and bring more anger to a religious people as a whole- over a the actions of a few random folks who are extreme....For "freedom". Sure.

Look kid...

1) Drawing Mohammed is an insult to many people. Why must you want to anger those people? For what reason? To be a troll? To be a jerk? To protest a murder?

2) South Park already started a "Draw Mohammed" day that resulted in an entire extremist community proclaiming our children will suffer for this for decades to come. Nice...people like you poking sticks into the mouths of maniacs...feeling like that's helping. Gee...that's great.

3) No. Drawing Mohammed is not only stupid. It is also an insult to countless individuals and should be seen as trying to get people killed.

Here is the end all fact...anyone drawing Mohammed is the person who pulled the trigger.

In short...YOU draw Mohammed and people die...you are the murderer.

Or at least largely responsible.

Last time this happened, millions of American idiots rushed to the internet to create a mock-holiday called "Draw Mohammed Day". And why? A South Park cartoon inspired them.

Radicals have sworn to kill for this...and they are the types that will stick to the plan for decades to come.

People are so stupid...

Leave Mohammed alone. You are playing with fire that takes many lives...and for what? The joy of trolling?

When your parents, you and your children end up headless on a highway...will you trumpet your "freedom earned" by drawing Mohammed? No...you will be seen as a victim by fools, instead of being seen correctly- as an uneducated western-minded" individual with barbaric desires to anger extreme folks who want to harm us.

You gain nothing from drawing Mohammed. Not freedom. Not justice. Nothing. It insults and bothers many people who are innocent and care nothing for terror.

Its bad taste and its disgusting.

AND anyone trying to orginize a group "Mohammed drawing adventure"- as far as I can see is one of two things.

1- Stupid.

or

2- Working for a government that provokes terror attacks with intent.

What are you?

MM

So does that mean terrorism works then?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask

originally posted by: FraggleRock
a reply to: Mr Mask

One could make the argument that anything and everything provokes these extremists and thus, anything and everything should be off limits. Where some see provocation others see standing up for freedom. Today it's cartoons but tomorrow could be something else. At what point do we live our lives with the understanding that these terrorists need no provocation to commit terror?

Directly seeking to anger radicals by pushing their buttons without hesitation or intelligence is stupid. End of story.

I do not feed into this "flag waving freedom march" people seem to adhere to when someone draws something that paints a target on innocent lives.

Its stupid to draw Mohammed.

Its stupid to give these people a clear target when knowing you are doing so.

Its stupid to want to draw Mohammed JUST to piss off maniacs.

Its as dumb as walking into a city bar and screaming racial slurs.

Just stupid.

MM

Ok..lets all agree that drawing Mo' as outlined by Mask is stupid and no-one anywhere will draw him, cos they might get killed by people who find it offensive.

Now bear in mind that not depicting the prophet is NOT a religious edict, that is, its not a demand made in the muslim holy book. Not drawing the prophet is a political edict. (yes, islam is both a religious cult, and a political movement)

Lets look at another non-religious edict that these extremists adhere to.

Women in education.

Malala Yousafzai shot in the head for going to school...But she was stupid right, the taliban told her not to go to school, but she went, got shot in the head. Stupid.

Still that was in another country right? a country where Sharia is observed.

What happens when they start shooting girls in the head at your local high school? It an offense to them that you send your daughter to be educated in their POLITICAL (NOT RELIGIOUS) ideology.

I sort've get where your coming from. Will I draw Mo? Probably not, mainly because I have no reason to. However, should I ever have reason to, I do not see why my life should be forfeit. As many posters have already stated, I stand by anyones right to believe and worship in any way they see fit, AS LONG AS IT DOES NOT IMPINGE ON OTHERS.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Char-Lee

Answering Islam?

LOL...

One of the only places you won't find any answers to Islam!

Many many many well known and credible Muslim scholars don't just doubt that hate filled propaganda, they deny it!!!

So much so do I deny it, there is no way of finding out who first made that ridiculous claim...

So far, & I'm not singling you out, you are the only person who has mentioned this about Aisha that I actually respect on ATS...
No one else who did was worthy of a response!

And its irrelevant anyway.

During that time, the world over, many people were marrying, and having children with, people that we would today consider "underage".

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: idmonster

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Char-Lee

Answering Islam?
LOL...
One of the only places you won't find any answers to Islam!
Many many many well known and credible Muslim scholars don't just doubt that hate filled propaganda, they deny it!!!
So much so do I deny it, there is no way of finding out who first made that ridiculous claim...
So far, & I'm not singling you out, you are the only person who has mentioned this about Aisha that I actually respect on ATS...
No one else who did was worthy of a response!

And its irrelevant anyway.

During that time, the world over, many people were marrying, and having children with, people that we would today consider "underage".

The subject was of it being relevant today. The radicals use their prophet as an excuse for this and "honor" killings of women and many other crimes. Like the murders we are discussing this is not a mainstream accepted practice I believe.
Muslim Man Rapes 8 Year Old Bride Until She Dies
Read more at freedomoutpost.com...

Islamic State jihadist announces his marriage to terrified 7-year-old in conquered city in Syria - See more at: pamelageller.com... D.dpuf
pamelageller.com...
www.mypracticalphilosophy.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Hysteria at its finest.

How wrong can you be? Sharia laws take precedence over all countries' laws according to Islam.

No it doesn't.

Actually all mainstream religions believe their religious laws take precedence over the secular law of the land where they are in conflict.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Hysteria at its finest.

No it doesn't.

Actually all mainstream religions believe their religious laws take precedence over the secular law of the land where they are in conflict.

I don't care what they believe. Most also believe I should be married to have sex.

The USA is a secular country. I believe the UK is too (even if you still have to pledge an oath to God in some situations).

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Fundamentalists of Islam support the idea that any depictions of Mohammed (also spelled Muhammad) must be forbidden, but in fact such depictions had not been prohibited until the 16th or 17th century and they are never condemned in the Koran.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Where in Europe, exactly? Please cite sources.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Everything seems to cater to the dumbest common denominator or to the bully you have to give your lunch money to so you don't get beaten up. Maybe people are tired of giving their lunch money away so they can have peace. I know it over simplifies it as to how these bullies were created but it does take two to want peace. If one does not then what is other to do but punch the bully in the face. There is no reasoning with extremist in any religion so what is left? Don't poke at a hornets nest you say but if it is around your home you would get rid of them so you don't have a fear of getting stung.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: celticdog

Seems to me peace at the price of our freedom of expression is a cost no one should be willing to pay. Especially so pertaining to the whims of these retarded xenophobic scum. Even if we did as they wished they would just find some other trumped up untenable issue in an attempt to drag us back to there 17th century caliphate hell.

Why should the good freedom loving people of our world have to cow-tail to the antics of these extremist swine just because they attempt to enforce their particular brand of doom by way of atrocity, violence and the murder of innocents?

Should they wish to fight, let them Man up and come at us like proper soldiers!

See how long there prophet protects them!

edit on 14-1-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

When i was a child at primary school back in the 1980s we would say the lords prayer first thing in the morning. But that's about as extensive as it got, no oath to any deity was a requirement. These-days my own children don't have to say anything other than present when they attend school. The United Kingdom is a Christian nation at heart, that also accepts members of all other faiths and denominations.

Pray to whomever you wish, just don't hurt anybody, that's my thinking on the matter.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Some people want the freedom to offend people and think it's their right to do so,this is the generation of selfish morality free individuals with no concept of right or wrong. Flourishing in the Internet boom that allows their thinly veiled racism to project further than their vocal chords would

If you think you have a right to offend people your heartless and soulless, you should treat people as you expect to be treated

I'm not religious but won't knock anyone's faith,if there happy why should I mock them?

You guys are also missing the elephant in the room,the west has been killing lots of Muslims regardless of their age in their perpetual war on terror while at the same time the media has been targeting the Muslims faith

We just need to respect people's faith and get our troops out of their country rather than the divide and conquer approach we have used to our advantage for so long

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Freedom of speech and right to free expression is there to protect the moronic as well as the intellectuals of our world, it simply cannot function otherwise.

One person's idea of stupidity is another man's treasure, shades of grey and all that jazz.

Just because a minorities sensibilities are offended(which is debatable) does not give said minority the right to commit such acts of depravity over what essentially amounts to cartoon levity.

They wish to kill, maim and destroy in the name of there prophet, they will always find a way to justify such acts. Extremists always do!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTengriist

85 Sharia councils in Britain. And having lived in Paris for several years saw it firsthand, not good experiences for women.

Here's a BBC article that discusses it. I chose the nicest one I could find, don't want to offend anyone, ya know.

www.bbc.com...

STM

edit on 14-1-2015 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join