It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Paris magazine Charlie Hebdo

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

So why are you not speaking against this man's murder?

Why are you ONLY making this point saying this dead man's blood is on his own hands?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I did quite a while back...

link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Yes you did, you said the man should not have published the cartoons knowing he might die for it.

Dying for a cartoon is today. Dying for choosing a religion other than Islam is tomorrow.

When do people stop being "stupid" for refusing to do what they want Charlie?

Right.

It would be good to read what happened to those who signed the Declaration of Independence.

I do that evey now and then to remind myself why I have the rights I do and what was given for me to have those rights.

edit on 7-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 7/1/2015 by iskander683 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: queenofswords

They didn't kill for free speech reasoning...

They killed for what they perceived to be an offence to them...

I'm not mixing up cause and correlation at all.

The cause was the cartoon, the article provides us with that at least.

Yes, you've got it.

They killed because of their own perceptions. Their beliefs. The meaning they chose to give the situation.

That's real world.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Why stop? Why try and justify his murder?

because you are seeking to justify it every single time you call him a moron for not kowtowing to the terrorists...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Islam will always produce extremism as long as the violent verses are in the Quran. Take those out and change the religion for the better. Just like there will always be radical Christians like the Westboro Baptist Church, and those that think Women are not equal to men, until those verses are changed or removed from the bible. Some for Homosexuality. It will always be perceived as an evil sin, until those verses condemning it are removed from the Abrahamic religious texts.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I can call him a moron for his ineptitude and still not condone what happened.

Because I can see the idiocy of what occurred and others refuse to comment on it is tough.

I'll call idiocy in any situation, if that offends people, oh well.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

So why are you not speaking against this man's murder?

Why are you ONLY making this point saying this dead man's blood is on his own hands?

My understanding of what Charlie is saying is this:

Yes, the murders are horrible.

And yes, those publishing the cartoons, having a brain that works, knew that the cartoons would piss off radical Muslims who have no problem killing people over being offended.

Therefore, while horrible, it's not surprising. Those who published the cartoons also knew they might be murdered. It's not blaming the victim, but it's equally dumb to absolve the victims from being responsible for the actions they took. Not the actions the killers took.

Simple version: play with fire, and you're going to get burned.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

When they kill me Charlie for openly converting to Christianity, what will you say of me? That I was simply inept, because I followed what God told me, and not what the terrorists demand I do?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Volunteers will fight for what ever faith they have. But the once who lead them to this destruction might have other agendas based on totally different ideas.

ISIS consists of two branches. Dedicated leaders and dedicated volunteers. Volunteers fight based on faith. Dedicated leaders give the volunteers a reason to volunteer. And that reason is religion "religious faith".

You can use religion to fight a political war. You can use religion to gather volunteers to fight Your Battle.

In reality religion is not the problem. But the true aganda behind it all is.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I can call him a moron for his ineptitude and still not condone what happened.

Because I can see the idiocy of what occurred and others refuse to comment on it is tough.

I'll call idiocy in any situation, if that offends people, oh well.

so...what your saying is....if anyone threatens you personally with death, they can do whatever they want around you, or with your knowledge, and you, "not" being a moron, would keep your mouth shut.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I checked, you're right: I'm being too emotional, sorry about that.
Nonetheless, you find excuses to this act and blame the victims, that's a bit too much for me.

I want to tell you a short story. I won't be the guy telling you "I have friends, even Muslin friends!", though I do have Muslin friends.
I don't care about people religions, skin colour, or how the f... different they might be from me.
I've been the manager of a developers team in Morocco. All of them were Muslims. We adapted: they could go and pray when they had too, even if it was during office time. I tried to respect their way if thinking the best I could. I did not think the same...I was different, I was the foreigner.
Sometimes, I said thing that could have offended them...they did too. But we did get along every well. Unfortunately, we had to stop this because of business (it was not profitable enough). I had to tell them that we were done. That was heartbreaking for me. The very last day, they invited me to a trip around Casablanca. They paid everything; the tea on the beach, the restaurant...
I still have contacts with them, and that was 5 years ago.
We were different, we did not agree on everything, far from that...but I learnt a lot, and I think they did, too.
You can't have this kind of relationships where there's hatred that can arise on every word. You can't love people if you just cannot accept their differences. We joked together...about my liking for alcohool, women...or their silly ( in my opinion) views about women and porks altogether!
So what ? They were just clever people. And I think I am, too.

I'm worried about this attack, because Muslims should be a gift, not a curse, for France.
This act could raise hatred in France for Muslims. Because it's born from hatred. Not hatred from Charlie Hebdo...but hatred from these extremist who just can't stand that everybody do NOT think as they would like everybody to think.
This act could be the end of many yet unborn friendships. This act is a call to war and hatred. It does not make any good for Muslim people, on the contrary. It could give birth to an unpredecedent hate for Muslims in France. All Muslims. Just as these attackers shot anybody, even "innocent" people (if you do believe there really were guilty people there).

That's a serious act.
May be even more serious because it was done in France, against a famous satiristic newspaper.

This is serious business, Charlie. And this new book from this moron Houellebecq won't do any good either.
This is no time for being provokative. This could lead to another kind of war France should NOT be involved into.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I am quite sure that he would have been urging our Founding Fathers to not "piss off the British".

There is a word for someone like that.

There is a word for someone who will not stand up for what is right at any cost.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Charlie Hebdo Another Mossad False Flag

First let me express my condolences to the families and friends and associates of those brutalized in France.

NOW WAKE UP SHEEPLE BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!!!!! This is going to challenge your beliefs....

Before we assume that this is some kind of revenge on some cartoonists making jest of Mohamed, we must as with any mass media story of an event like this ask ourselves who would benefit from this slaughter? Recently France along with a few other nations, gave meager support to the Palestinians who are being slaughtered by Israel on a daily basis. Also the land of Palestine is being consumed by the racist nation of apartheid, again Israel. Why would Muslims choose to attack a country that clearly was starting to support their people against the NWO Zionists. Yes Israel is the only clear beneficiary of this atrocity. Before I WOKE UP, I used to believe the mindless dribble, spewed out by the Zionist controlled media and failed to see clearly what our world is about.

This is another Mossad op, but instead of leaving a trail, ( that has been obscured by time and the media propaganda) similar to 911, they seem to have made a clean getaway on this one. There is clear evidence that the Mossad did 911 in conjunction with the Bush chicken hawks, who wanted to enrich their friends. Members please do your research?

9-11 Cop Who Arrested Dancing Israelis Speaks

The Five Dancing Israelis - 9/11/2001 - Our Purpose Was To Document The Event

9 11 AND ISRAEL ALAN SABROSKY'S SHOCKING PRESS TV
INTERVIEW YouTube

Israel's Mossad Did 9/11 - PROOF

911 False Flag - American Traitors & Mossad - Where are the Oath Keepers? - Ken O'Keefe

"Sept 11 was good for Israel." -- Netanyahu

Why Press TV you ask, well because the Zionists control all of our media.

American Mass Media is controlled by Zionists!

Israel controls our government.....many or our politicians need to be tried for treason, now....

Republicans offer Israel 29 standing ovations

Do U.S. Israeli Dual Citizens Run America's Government?!?

Watch Synagog Of Satan to get the whole picture..... it is an extended documentary, but if you want to be informed and not just an ignorant puppet of the mind control YOU need to watch it....

SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN Full documentary 1878-2006 by A.C.Hitchcock

You will notice that many of the real citizens of Israel, the Jews are against the practices of the Zionists. Please share these videos, before our government locks down the internet to control dissent?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
They have already ID the Three shootes. Jesse's christ they work fast in France.

We should send Our police force to France to get some tips on how they do it. They must have a very good capturing rate of common theifs and Bank robers over there.

What a bunch of crap this is turing out to be.

not hard to id 3 people who u already had fingered before the attacks

geez . this is so nonsensical .

all they had to do was wait 8 hours and

BAM!

we got em

sorta like the hijackers on 9/11

after one day its all wrapped up into a nice little present

no need to watch the video so u can see yourself the cop wasnt shot

move along folks ....

nothing to see here

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: blindIo

You say we should not be provocative...

So anytime someone would limit your freedom of speech, you will remain speechless so as not to "provoke" anything? Anytime someone would dictate how you should act, you will remain speechless?

I will not.

In fact...I think I will post a tasteless cartoon about Mohammed on Facebook right now.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

When and how did they lift the finger prints from todays act?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: anarchychaos56

Yes, by all means, we should assign blame with zero evidence. We should be paranoid and automatically assign blame.

*shakes head sadly*

I knew it was but a matter of time before the conspiracies started surfacing from nether orifices.

If there is evidence, it is one thing. If there is no evidence it is something else entirely and tends to be soft, smelly and normally dropped into the toilet.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Yes you did, you said the man should not have published the cartoons knowing he might die for it.

Dying for a cartoon is today. Dying for choosing a religion other than Islam is tomorrow.

When do people stop being "stupid" for refusing to do what they want Charlie?

Bravo poster........Bravo. This poster is telling the simple truth and is spot on. If these radicals are so weak of mind and belief they can not take a cartoon for what it is.............

Appeasers and apologists actually help further these radical scum bags cause.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join