It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Paris magazine Charlie Hebdo

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
CS, go to the root cause......the essence of the murderous act.

edit on 7-1-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I will be honest, I personally find it sickening that someone says that we should do what the extremists want on all counts to save our own lives - because they think we are wrong to offend anyone even if we hurt no one.

Yet by so doing, we would be giving the terrorists everything they desire - basically what we have here, is the spokesman for ISIS. Speaking their words, trying to convince others this is right or okay.

To: Mr. Slave of the Islamic State - we will not give them what they want!

edit on 7-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Go to the root cause.....the essence of the murderous act.

Islam and the accursed, false prophet Mohammed...and actually you can take it back further to Abraham. He, who spawned, the triad of false religions. Abraham is the root, who spawned Mohammed, who spawned Islam, which spawned this decades upon decades long rise in Muslim extremism and lack of personal responsibility.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

I will be honest, I personally find it sickening that someone says that we should do what the extremists want on all counts to save our own lives - because they think we are wrong to offend anyone even if we hurt no one.

agreed and on that note...I am drawing offensive Cartoons of Mohammed right now. Come at me, all ye who are offended. I'm ready.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Yet by so doing, we would be giving the terrorists everything they desire - basically what we have here, is the spokesman for ISIS. Speaking their words, trying to convince others this is right or okay,

Actually there are two choices.

We can put up or shut up but the challenge has been laid.

link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Mental Health is a correlation...

No cartoon, that mental health wouldn't have come into play in this specific case...

Do you not see the causation in a decision to provoke extremists with mental health issues?

link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

But you wrote "well done".
All the same for me.
I still believe you're only being provokative. I'm just not in the mood, and won't try to kill you for that offense.
I might even drink a beer with you and talk about our views, our beliefs, shall we live not too far one from the other.
This act just cannot be forgiven. There is no excuse to it. And I can't believe any clever, normal guy, being able to forgive or find any excuse to it.
Let these attackers be caught, trialed, and if condemned, jailed. It was an attack on the freedom of speech, the freedom to think, the freedom to say what you believe in. They could have made a satire cartoon about charlie Hebdo, tweet about about them, write articles or books mocking and condemning them. That would have been their freedom to do so.
They chose violence: that's NOT excusable. I do agree with the rapist parallel. Thay's exactly the same kind of act, the same way of thinking.
What they chose to do is not excusable.
Period.

link   

originally posted by: amazing

agreed and on that note...I am drawing offensive Cartoons of Mohammed right now. Come at me, all ye who are offended. I'm ready.

I hope you share those pictures with us.
that's my depiction of mohammed.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I will not shut up.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
They have already ID the Three shootes. Jesse's christ they work fast in France.

We should send Our police force to France to get some tips on how they do it. They must have a very good capturing rate of common theifs and Bank robers over there.

What a bunch of crap this is turing out to be.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: blindIo

I said well done to someone who twisted & added to my words!

Not well done to the extremists.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

If you are not for freedom, then you are against it. If you are not for the innocent, then you stand with the guilty.

No man can have two masters. You are in this thread declaring your master by demanding all others kowtow to their demands.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

They have already ID the Three shootes. Jesse's christ they work fast in France.

I am guessing that's the DGSI it's version of the 'FBI'.

France does have some world class intelligence agencies.
edit on 7-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

These fools brought it on themselves.

After you said this Charlie you pretty much showed your true colors so it really doesn't matter how hard you try to back peddle Charlie we all know where you are coming from now.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

No I said there was obvious consequences of not...

I never said anything of the sort that you suggested.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Fools being the editor and joker not the 10 other truly innocent people & families caught up in all of this.

Believe whatever you like saneone, only I know where I'm coming from, evident from the responses & ignorance to my explanations of my opinion!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Yes you did, you said the man should not have published the cartoons knowing he might die for it.

Dying for a cartoon is today. Dying for choosing a religion other than Islam is tomorrow.

When do people stop being "stupid" for refusing to do what they want Charlie?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Again my words are being twisted in a less than tactile fashion...

I did not say "he should not"...

I said "he knew what to expect"...

There is a whole world of difference in that.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: spy66

I am guessing that's the DGSI it's version of the 'FBI'.

France does have some world class intelligence agencies.

Yeah they must be really Lucky this time With their crew set up. But i still think this smells like coordinated set up.

They havent even cought them yet and they already know who they are, where they live. What are the odds of that?
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

These fools brought it on themselves.

After you said this Charlie you pretty much showed your true colors so it really doesn't matter how hard you try to back peddle Charlie we all know where you are coming from now.

You are not quite in your assumption. The simple fact that they had to have police stationed at their work shows they knew long ago there was a danger in going to work and imo only a fool would continue down the same path. At the very least they knew exactly what they were getting into everyday they showed up for work.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join