It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Texas paramilitary style group is organized in response to police brutality

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
The burden of proof is on the one making the claims.

The thing is, I don't care about proving anything to anyone. If someone wants to disprove me, so be it, but I just can't be bothered most of the time.

Even now, my claim was researched by others and you know what they came back with?

"Oh yeah?!?! Well... domestic violence kills more people than cops do!! LOLOLOL!"

Like that is somehow relevant.
edit on 6-1-2015 by TheArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

All I see is America being torn apart at its seams. The politicians have become corrupts, they bought the police, now people are waking up after its too late. Just like the Jewish Zealots in their day, these factions are going to organize, start a fight, and get themselves and a lot of other innocent people killed.

The sad thing is that people actually think revolution will save us. Revolution is what nullified the Articles of Confederation and illegally replaceded it with the inferior Constitution.

Revolution is what ensured that the Freemasons would have a permanent stronghold within the Federal Government.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: TXRabbit
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree there genius.

You know, you're more likely to be killed by a cop in the state of Utah than by a gang member or in a drug deal?

Nah, cops aren't the problem.

As usual...have any sources to back that up?

Is your google broken? Do your own research that you are going to dismiss anyway.

No....my google is not broken. Typically when someone brings up a point it is common to back it up with a source that cites said figures.

I would suggest that this may help you in your future arguments on here. Good to know it is all kept in Utah, though that is hardly a representation of the entire US...though I don't expect someone who can't cite an article source to understand that they can find anything anywhere to justify what they are saying in a small fashion of the sort you sparsely provided.

I can say that US wide, a black person is more likely to be killed by another black person than LEO.

In 2012, out of 2,648 Murders of Blacks, 2,412 of them were committed by blacks. I would worry more about my own kind than a police officer.

Source

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
The burden of proof is on the one making the claims.

The thing is, I don't care about proving anything to anyone. If someone wants to disprove me, so be it, but I just can't be bothered most of the time.

Even now, my claim was researched by others and you know what they came back with?

"Oh yeah?!?! Well... domestic violence kills more people than cops do!! LOLOLOL!"

Like that is somehow relevant.

Your point was to show that police killed more than gangs.....you were trying to point out that police killed more than anyone when you were wrong. You are using a subset of figures to justify an argument. If you are not going to use ALL the data on homicide and who killed the most then all you are doing is perpetuating the problem.

The fact you ONLY used Utah says a lot, such as that is the only way you can justify the way you think since it is NOT nationwide.

Intelligent arguments are typically brought up with facts to back them.....as such your argument is unintelligent and skewed to your perception because all you read were already biased articles without ACTUALLY researching who killed the most.....domestic abuse.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: DigitalJedi805

Or is it possible that the shootings were justified?

This is my point to TheArrow's skewed views. He cites a claim, yet provides no evidence to back it up....he is just ticked that cops killed more than gangs or something of the sort. Likely he has no idea what the circumstances were in any of the incidents nor any research was done at all on his part.

From what I have see from ALL of his posts, they are just regurgitated MSM articles that are already skewed for his viewing pleasure.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

In 2012, out of 2,648 Murders of Blacks, 2,412 of them were committed by blacks. I would worry more about my own kind than a police officer.

Source

Your numbers are slanted, as they are murders.

Although it is unknown how many Americans are killed by police each year, a fact that should horrify anyone, it is estimated that the number is between 1,100 and 2,000.

fivethirtyeight.com...

And why are you making this about race, anyway? I'm white. I don't want to get killed by a cop either.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Source

Your numbers are slanted, as they only include murders.

Although it is unknown how many Americans are killed by police each year, a fact that should horrify anyone, it is estimated that the number is between 1,100 and 2,000.

fivethirtyeight.com...

And why are you making this about race, anyway? I'm white. I don't want to get killed by a cop either.

Would you like me to cite crime rates in general? Homicides? Which one? Homicide is what you quasi-cited.

And why about race? Well, let's think about this for a second....the OP is about a BLACK PANTHER group claiming racism....not a hard concept to follow as to why race comes up.

As far as your estimates....they are just that...estimates. And none of them have the story behind them as to why the person was killed. As long as we are estimating/guessing, I would guess most of them...upwards of 90% were because of an actual life threatening situation in which the officer had to shoot.
edit on 1/6/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The fact you ONLY used Utah says a lot, such as that is the only way you can justify the way you think since it is NOT nationwide.

Yeah, it says that the information regarding how many people cops kill each year is spotty, and when research is presented, it is used because that's what's available. Truth is, there aren't any nationally known numbers, as I have already posted.

Intelligent arguments are typically brought up with facts to back them.....as such your argument is unintelligent and skewed to your perception because all you read were already biased articles without ACTUALLY researching who killed the most.....domestic abuse.

And, of domestic abuse slayings, guess what profession has the highest ping?

I'll give you one guess.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

And how many of those that the police killed were 100% justified shootings?

I won't sit here and say that every police shooting is justified.

That being said of the numbers you are posting how many were killed when pulling a gun on an officer, or shooting at an officer, how many tried to stab an officer, how many tried to take an officers gun, how many were killed via suicide by cop, how many died from excited delirium after being tasered because they choose to ingest dangerous narcotics and violently assault people?

You can't just use the overall number of people killed by police as some kind of statistic to prove they are homicidial manics. Just like you can't use the number of blacks killed by other blacks to prove blacks are homicidial manics.

You have to treat each case as a unique circumstance.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Yeah, it says that the information regarding how many people cops kill each year is spotty, and when research is presented, it is used because that's what's available. Truth is, there aren't any nationally known numbers, as I have already posted.

And, of domestic abuse slayings, guess what profession has the highest ping?

I'll give you one guess.

See...problem is.....no research has been presented....I can only assume you are regurgitating articles you have read somewhere as you have done numerous times before. Cite something with some credibility like FBI or the like....something with ACTUAL statistics, not guesses and news story bias.
edit on 1/6/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Would you like me to cite crime rates in general? Homicides? Which one? Homicide is what you quasi-cited.

Whatever you want, you're the one posting stats with logical faults. I don't care if you post anything.

And why about race? Well, let's think about this for a second....the OP is about a BLACK PANTHER group claiming racism....not a hard concept to follow as to why race comes up.

As far as your estimates....they are just that...estimates. And none of them have the story behind them as to why the person was killed. As long as we are estimating/guessing, I would guess most of them...upwards of 90% were because of an actual life threatening situation in which the officer had to shoot.

60% of all known police related killings involved unarmed suspects.

40% were developmentally disabled.

Heroes.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

See...problem is.....no research has been presented....I can only assume you are regurgitating articles you have read somewhere as you have done numerous times before. Cite something with some credibility like FBI or the like....something with ACTUAL statistics, not guesses and news story bias.

Again, I don't care if you don't like the substance of my posts. So, complain about it some more or move on.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It is just like the video of the brunch protestors reading off names of people that were "victims" of police killings.

I found that several were high on hard narcotics and died after being tasered because they were violently attacking people.

Another who was wanted for murder of a woman shot at officers.

One was killed by a security guard.

One pointed a replica BB gun at officers.

One tried to stab an officer with a screwdriver.

Like I said I won't say that a cop has never murdered anyone.

But for people to sit here and think there is some kind of intentional targeted genocide that is occurring is comical.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

We accept all oppressed people of color with weapons,

but

The members of the club then responded with shouts of, “Black power!”

.....shouldnt they accept everyone regardless of color?.......the stupid......it hurts.......
edit on 1/6/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Whatever you want, you're the one posting stats with logical faults. I don't care if you post anything.

60% of all known police related killings involved unarmed suspects.

40% were developmentally disabled.

Heroes.

You're arguments are becoming lame and tired without anything to back them up. If I could actually READ your sources I could intelligently try to point out inconsistencies. I have posted nothing with any logical fallacy at all.....simply stats and backed them with sources.

The fact you seem to not LIKE my logic tells me you are closed out to all but your own line of thought and not willing to look at anything else. The fact you CAN'T back up ANY of your claims with sources tells me you are just regurgitating what you read on news sites with no critical thinking as to how they got to those numbers....and that is a dangerous path to follow as you can easily be swayed it seems. As has been pointed out, how many of these shootings you reference involved weeapons, a threat, a car, etc....likely you have no idea because you have not researched any of them.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

And of those 60% "unarmed" individuals that were killed a vast majority died because they chose to ingest dangerous narcotics, violently attack people, and died from excited delirium after being tasered.

Others choose to violently attack officers and try to take their firearms.

Others tried to run police over with a vehicle after trying to escape from a violent crime they committed.

edit on 6-1-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
.......anyone else here see the hypocrisy going on........the stupid......it hurts.......

No, could you point it out, please? Because, all I can see is what could be a very surface misconstruing on your part, but since you came out so strongly against "the stupid", I must be missing something.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

And of those 60% "unarmed" individuals that were killed a vast majority died because they choose to ingest dangerous narcotics, violently attack people, and died from excited delirium after being tasered.

Others choose to violently attack officers and try to take their firearms...

So, a "vast majority" were killed by cops with tasers.

Gotcha.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

Police violence is directly proportional to the vulnerability of the target.
Pay attention to how this plays out.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Yeah....the stupid on ATS kills me sometimes. Some read news articles and regurgitate them as fact without checking numbers or using critical thinking to understand that while these may be the overall numbers, the circumstance is what needs to be known in order to draw a conclusion.

If you are going to come at me with what you call a fact on a number, then EVERY ONE of those facts better be correct or else it negates everything else you said in my opinion. The Brunch victims that were read are a perfect example of people trying to skew something in their favor without giving all the facts....ends up hurting the cause once the facts come out.

I call it laziness....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join