It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Two More NYPD Officers Shot in the Bronx!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Yes it does. So we can properly identify them.

"Hispanic" is so vague.
edit on 5-1-2015 by BerenstEiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Didn't the NYPD recently declare War, without clarifying who with...

Nope - they declared war on de blasio over the 2 murdered officers.

Police union declares war on de Blasio after murder of officers

Didn't the NYPD turn their backs on the Mayor, & in turn those who pay their wages...Twice

Nope - They turned their backs on the Mayor.
Law Enforcement also pays taxes which means they pay their salary themselves as well.

Didn't the NYPD see this coming...

From the moment Sharpton started his racist rants about the police. You can only be prepared based on each officers actions / training etc. Even with that one can still not see it coming.

This wasn't a planned assassination...

Agreed - It was attempted murder.

They were speeding off to get away from the police...

Agreed

This sounds more like preventative self-defence from a perceived threat of NYPD declaring War!!!

Not really no...

It's perfectly fine for police to shoot if they feel it's a dangerous situation...
All I see is people doing the same...

edit on 5-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

no

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

but to leap to the level you have seems to have more of an agenda against the boys in blue?

If you could quote the specific statement that made it seem that way I'm happy to explain my thought process.

a reply to: Domo1

Are you actually trying to justify shooting at police?

Similar to above, quote a specific statement & I'll explain.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
So if this isnt a targeted attack, then whats the big deal eh?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Deal.

This sounds more like preventative self-defence from a perceived threat of NYPD declaring War!!!

It's perfectly fine for police to shoot if they feel it's a dangerous situation...
All I see is people doing the same...

To me that sounds an awful lot like saying since police "declared war" they should be considered a threat. Since police are allowed to shoot if they perceive a situation to be dangerous, and since police should now be considered dangerous since they "declared war", people should be allowed to shoot police.

I was pretty surprised.

We don't generally see eye to eye, but that seemed out of character for you.
edit on 0520150120151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Nope - they declared war on de blasio over the 2 murdered officers.

Nope - they declared War.
Wartime Police!!!

There is also a thread from about a Month ago with more detail.

Nope - They turned their back son the Mayor.
Law Enforcement also pays taxes which means they pay their salary themselves as well.

Face it, they didn't like the Mayors comments regarding Garner & in turn protested when clearly he was in the right...
They turned their back on Garner & all victims & protesters of police brutality in the process.

I don't care about Al Sharpton.
Polls suggest that only 25% of Black people take him seriously anyways.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

If you could quote the specific statement that made it seem that way I'm happy to explain my thought process.

I got that vibe from your entire post... YMMV...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

That is not what they meant,

this

New York City Used To Be A Terrifying Place
www.businessinsider.com.au...-1976-2383-arrests-were-made-for-prostitution-citywide-of-th
apparently cops were being slaughtered in the 70s in NY

Targeted Attack on New York Police Reopens Old Wounds From ’70s Forty-six police officers were killed in the line of duty in the 1970s, and 41 more in the 1980s. Before Saturday, the last time an officer was killed in the line of duty was in 2011. Some of the assassinations of police officers in the early 1970s were stoked by a militant strain of the black liberation movement, including the explosive killing of Officers Rocco Laurie and Gregory Foster in 1972. Officer Foster, 22, of the Bronx, and Officer Laurie, 23, of Staten Island, who had fought together as Marines in Vietnam, were shot dead after walking out of a diner in the East Village just before 11 p.m. on Jan. 27, 1972. They had asked to be placed on patrol in the East Village because it was riddled with crime. Killings of police officers have dwindled, and the city has sought to rub out the stain of drugs and violent crime, but people in the law enforcement community say the fatal shootings on Saturday ripped open old wounds. www.nytimes.com... The police killings in the 1970s created a “siege mentality” among officers, Mr. Henry said. Officers began arriving at the station house four hours before work and leaving four hours after their tour in order to trail marked patrol cars with their personal cars, shotguns in hand, providing an additional layer of cover. Mr. Henry said police officers also began carrying private shotguns during that era.

Do you not understand?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Context is everything Domo...
But elaboration is as well so it's probably my bad.

My point was, albeit poorly constructed...

1) That the police are currently in the public eye for a multitude of things... Whether justified or not...

2) There also seems to be a very common defence of these actions that a police officer should always shoot first ask questions later... Whether justified or not...

3) In turn this says to the public & criminal element especially, "I could be in danger"... Whether justified or not...

4) That cements the "us vs them"... Whether justified or not...

So when I said preventative self defence... I took all these things to mind.

I never said it was right, but cause & effect kind of spells this one out imo.

I don't think police should shoot if they "feel" or "perceive" a danger...
They should shoot if there is a danger...

So, speculating, when these two who shot the police felt a danger, because of the recent unrest & unpredictability of being pulled over, they felt justified in the "us vs them" mindset...

But I'm not defending them though, for all I know they were fleeing from the scene of a rape...
Sorry to sound crass, but I wouldn't take sides in this until all the facts come out.

It was merely a moment of armchair criminal psychology.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Nope - they declared War.
Wartime Police!!!

There is also a thread from about a Month ago with more detail.

You should reread the link you posted as all the actions taken are to protect law enforcement. No where does it state they declared war on the people. They also, as my source does, deals with de blasios actions.

Face it, they didn't like the Mayors comments regarding Garner & in turn protested when clearly he was in the right...
They turned their back on Garner & all victims & protesters of police brutality in the process.

Again no.

He commented when the incident occurred. His statements undermined the investigation, fostered more animosity towards law enforcement while taking the officers out at their knees by commenting it looked like a chokehold. In these situations those comments can and have been taken in a manner that portrays an official position.

De Blaso is not a n expert on use of force.
He is not an expert on methods, specifically in this case choke holds.
He stated it looked like a chokehold to him while commenting they are against NYPD policy.

Its like Obama opening his mouth when he was first elected about the white cop arresting the black man who owned the home. Cries of racism until it was determined the officer in question not only did not racially profile, hes the departments certified racial profiling instructor.

By opening their mouth without having facts it prejudiced the situation and caused people to condemn the officer for an action he never took.

I don't care about Al Sharpton.
Polls suggest that only 25% of Black people take him seriously anyways.

It takes one person to kill so I will stand by my statement.
edit on 6-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

it strikes me as sadly ironic that LEO can draw parallels to the 70s based on one incident by a deranged person but African-Americans are just expected to accept the stats related to black incarceration and/or death by LEO and STFU, not draw any parallels of their own....

Anyways, hope this is simply robbery related and nothing more.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

There is only one definition of "Wartime"...

& for that to occur someone has to declare War.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BerenstEiner
What kind of Hispanics? Black ones? Brown ones? White ones?

LOL

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

No where does it state they declared war on the people.

Wartime - period of War...Only definition of the word...

Period of War - Aftermath of Declaration of War... Hmmm...

Who against?
The lone gunman prick who shot himself dead?

Face it.

You're right De Blasio isn't an expert on use of force because otherwise he wouldn't have said "looks like a chokehold"...
He would have said "it was a damn chokehold" & he was right to suggest the GJ f#ed Garner over...

& for NYPD to turn their back on him for that...
That to me suggests they couldn't give a toss that a man was choked to death by one of theirs & in fact they're gonna show their solidarity to him by shunning the Mayor for speaking the truth.

edit on 6-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
They need to declare war on them.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

As Mayor you don't comment in the manner De Blasio did before any investigation is done. You don't throw the department under the bus solely for political reasons.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

So, speculating, when these two who shot the police felt a danger, because of the recent unrest & unpredictability of being pulled over, they felt justified in the "us vs them" mindset...

Unfortunately it still sounds to me like you are indeed justifying violence against police in a weird two wrongs make a right kind of way.

It sounds like you're saying because some cops have used poor judgement everyone that isn't a cop has a right to defend themselves with a gun over any police encounter, because suddenly all police encounters are dangerous. So someone driving down the road speeding that gets pulled over and starts shooting is justified since there is a chance the cop pulling them over might be racist, trigger happy etc.

I want to discuss this with you, because I'm having a hard time believing that what I think you're saying is what you are saying.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

it strikes me as sadly ironic that LEO can draw parallels to the 70s based on one incident by a deranged person but African-Americans are just expected to accept the stats related to black incarceration and/or death by LEO and STFU, not draw any parallels of their own....

Anyways, hope this is simply robbery related and nothing more.

Fantastic
Guess they need to stop living in the past.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

The Mayor can say whatever the hell he wants.
& The Grand Jury had made their decision before De Blasio said anything.

In fact...

Stephanopoulos countered: “So you respect the process but not the decision?”De Blasio gave the hint of a smile but did not reply.

...He didn't say a word!

Guardian.

This is the last I'll say on the matter because it's drifting the thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join