It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Two More NYPD Officers Shot in the Bronx!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
Just to further understand, what parallels are you insinuating they draw?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I want to discuss this with you, because I'm having a hard time believing that what I think you're saying is what you are saying.

I understand the confusion, but I'm not implying what you think I am...

I tried to explain my thought process as best I could with the Brain Cells I have left...
I'm not saying they have a right to do so, I'm saying they may feel justified in their own minds...

Like I said, I don't know what the two shooters have done in the past or were fleeing from...
I'd have to be some sort of mug to justify this, when they could be the scum of the Earth.

edit on 6-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Thats a pretty radical comment. Do you think police are not needed? From what is being reported now, it says they were robbery suspects. Yet you still blame the police for being shot? Why do you have such a hateful agenda to all cops? Thread after thread its generalizing all police.

When someone lumps all Muslims into the Middle East terrorist category, you are the first to raise cane about how there are extremists in every group. Is it because one fits your agenda and the other doesn't?

Police brutality is a problem. Its a problem that I have to wear a bullet proof vest as a paramedic just to treat patients in many of our predominately black communities. Does this mean all police and all blacks are bad? Of course not. Their are problems and idiots in every aspect that live to wreak havoc.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BerenstEiner
What kind of Hispanics? Black ones? Brown ones? White ones?

They were the small red kind.

Nevermind.....I always get Hispanics and Teletubbies mixed up.....

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Is that the gay teletubbie that was in the news a few years ago?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I'm not saying they have a right to do so, I'm saying they may feel justified in their own minds...

Ahhh! There we go, that clicked. I get you now.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Is that the gay teletubbie that was in the news a few years ago?

Say that to my face, see what happens!

In three pages we went from cops getting shot to mocking gay telletubbies.
edit on 0620150120151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'm for furious anger but I wasn't always thinking that way. It progressed into that. You would think people would learn from past mistakes.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

hahahahha Levity calms the savage beast. I wouldn't touch that purple thing with a 10 foot pole.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LoverBoy

It's a shame you've only seen me defend Muslims because I've also defended Police & used the exact same comparison before to cement a point about generalisations.

Maybe you could point me to the hatred of all cops & in particular where I blamed cops for what has happened to the two who were shot...

I'd appreciate that if you could.

Apart from all of that & my apparent double agenda, I agree with you.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I respect police, they have a tough job. I'm sure there are bad cops out there, just like there are doctors, teachers etc who have dark sides.

Then again, I've never given a cop attitude - no matter how wrong I feel he is. Getting all snarky and attitude will only make the situation bad - many youths in America need to understand this because I feel 80% of incidents with police are caused because the citizen gave the cop lip / attitude for no reason.

In saying that, I think every cop should have a camera and microphone fitted to his uniform that cannot be turned off, altered or turned down. its physically impossible!!

that way we'll see who the real tosspots are - and I bet you its not the cops.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

There's enough hatred going around. It's going to blow soon. Everyone has a small part to play in the freak show. Mahatma Gandhi was pro gun and would have used them if he had them to fight oppression. I mean real oppression. I'm spending too much time trying to wrap my head around it all. I need to back away and let it all unfold the way it's going to happen. It's beyond any control at this point.

The sick in our society push the police into doing something they probably regretted. It escalates into more people dying on all sides. It truly upsets me. Two more police offers die and it probably isn't at all related but opened my eyes to what's coming. All I see in the near future is pain. A wound in the very fabric of this nation. Like we didn't already have enough problems already with class warfare running rampant.

See what happens when you squeeze the little man too long? You beefed up the police into a military unit to combat the problem. Did you think people wouldn't get shot? I knew it was coming. The voice of the people is misdirected. The people who are not misdirected are quiet. They are festering with rage about the state of affairs and about ready to blow. Due to popular belief, there are less jobs than the people we have. You take a man's livelihood away, they tend to do vile #. No one is working together. Nothing is getting better. It is a combo platter of blame.

I guess it's easier just to stay away from the big cities and get on with life. After all, it's not affecting me. Why care about it? Because sooner or later it's coming to your backyard.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Due to popular belief, there are less jobs than the people we have. You take a man's livelihood away, they tend to do vile #. No one is working together. Nothing is getting better. It is a combo platter of blame. I guess it's easier just to stay away from the big cities and get on with life. After all, it's not affecting me. Why care about it? Because sooner or later it's coming to your backyard.

i feel it too....there is something nasty coming and sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming lalala will only get you so far.........exactly why me and the mrs and of course the little lad are investing in a fancy caravan(i already have the 4wd) and getting the hell outa dodge...and of course traveling aussieland is very appealing

to the OP i hope that this is not another targeted attack.....

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
lol... There's no way to tell if they were "hispanic" just by looking at them. That simply means they come from a spanish speaking country(could be black/white/brown as mentioned earlier) like spain, mexico, dominican republic, ect. Now, not all hispanics are latino, and vice versa. If these guys were wearing ski masks, how did they know what race(im guessing they were trying to pin a race on them for identification purposes.) these guys actually were based on skin tone alone?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
So... officers shot at while on duty reporting to a robbery... one gets grazed on the elbow and one gets shot in the protective vest, both are ok, and this is news? What's next? A public outcry over how we need to further militarize the police for something in the job description going back over 100 years? Sure sounds like it.

edit on 6-1-2015 by Volund because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Lord help us....

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Volund

Are you seriously implying that shooting at cops isn't a big deal?

I'd say you need to get out more, but you might be best in your little box.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Black people have a culture of non responsibility toward their kids

Which produces crimes

I am not a racist, on the contrary if I could fix this I would.

Of course the US government can fix this in 1 year, but the intellect and money goes into wars and world domination.

Black people are simply low on the priority list

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Are you seriously implying that shooting at cops isn't a big deal?

I'd say you need to get out more, but you might be best in your little box.

No, I am saying it is not news. It happens all the time. They weren't even seriously injured. The media has recently been sensationalizing it and apparently it is working. And it is definitely not the same as an "assassination", or some sort of rebellion against the police.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Well, anytime you get a person, or worse yet, persons, who are nuts enough to shoot at cops, and they are running free, I think everyone in the area would want to know about it. Those aren't your average nut jobs. They are willing to die, and don't care who they harm. Your idea of news worthy and mine differ greatly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join