It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (2015)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

Nice area full of fossil sea creatures and I love the coin like objects in the front left always a favorite as i imagine spending my gold coins.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

after the long drought , we get thrown this area , its a melody of a crime scene to say the least , just been looking over ArMaPs panorama , such inconsistent erosion , if it is erosion. and now what looks like a very circular something with markings,

interesting to say the least

funbox

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

hopefully not by any unusual circumstances ..and whatever happened to Buzz.. find a spokey thing and get wheeled away ?

*gulp*

funbox

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Some of these spiral or thread like, and I see some of the pearl like objects we have seen before, I imagine this is a very small area?
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Possible little spiral here?
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 21-3-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

yes , I think the mahli cam is on the end of the robotic arm and gets in close , I maybe wrong though

by the look of that pic you might think its a few megabytes in size , but still, its only 502 kilobytes, so ide say the cameras within a few feet, at least..

ill have to check to see if this a trend , last time I looked the full resolutions pictures hovered around the 350Kb mark

the patterning on these rocks is striking, and unusual in the erosive patterns , I think there maybe a fair mix off elements in there, creating a symphony of chaotic un-harmonic erosion , maybe even one that touches mankind's psyche , and draws doodles in it

seems like the golden means cropping up again
I did a few contrast adjustments .. really are striking rocks, great find

files.abovetopsecret.com...

funbox

edit on 21-3-2015 by funbox because: added pics

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
yes , I think the mahli cam is on the end of the robotic arm and gets in close , I maybe wrong though

It is, it's the one they use for the "selfies".

by the look of that pic you might think its a few megabytes in size , but still, its only 502 kilobytes, so ide say the cameras within a few feet, at least..

That's because the photos are JPEGs with too much (for me) compression.

As for the distance, this is what it says on that photo's page.

When this image was obtained, the focus motor count position was 14048. This number indicates the internal position of the MAHLI lens at the time the image was acquired. This count also tells whether the dust cover was open or closed. Values between 0 and 6000 mean the dust cover was closed; values between 12500 and 16000 occur when the cover is open. For close-up images, the motor count can in some cases be used to estimate the distance between the MAHLI lens and target. For example, in-focus images obtained with the dust cover open for which the lens was 2.5 cm from the target have a motor count near 15270. If the lens is 5 cm from the target, the motor count is near 14360; if 7 cm, 13980; 10 cm, 13635; 15 cm, 13325; 20 cm, 13155; 25 cm, 13050; 30 cm, 12970. These correspond to image scales, in micrometers per pixel, of about 16, 25, 32, 42, 60, 77, 95, and 113.

Based that I suppose the rock was some 6 cm or less from the camera.

ill have to check to see if this a trend , last time I looked the full resolutions pictures hovered around the 350Kb mark

It depends on how well the image compresses, an image with half showing a clear sky will compress much better than a photo of a rock with lots of detail.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
upticking from Mahli

mahli , some sol or other, maybe 930
sinous-exstremophilus ?

feast for the eye these pics , almost seeing structures similar to the infamous Hougland's pics

funbox

For Earthophile comparison, here is some typical Florida Coral Reef remnants.... remarkable physical similarity . This type of coral also has many embedded rocks/pebbles as well.

edit on 21-3-2015 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

It depends on how well the image compresses, an image with half showing a clear sky will compress much better than a photo of a rock with lots of detail.

funbox

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

interesting comparison , although the earth pictured coral looks far worst for wear than its potential Martian cousin. to my eyes it looks smooth in places , like sinuous tendrils searching across the underlying rock , and not like its been subjected to aeons of shot blasting by 2 micron, particulate carrying winds

maybe its not eroding , maybe its searching for nutrients

funbox

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

For the life of me, I cannot find a link in here on ATS, involving Arken, where he had found an image on Mars that looked just like a piece of brain coral. Still looking.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
In the next photo I can see a odd thing, similar to a building, like a house:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

If you zoom in the zoned I mark:

The image with modified colors:

Zoom in the house:

More photoshop for apreciate better the building:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Clonevandal

zooming in just a tad bit more and to the right a little

funbox

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

you really have an eye for spotting these spirals/oldlife/ extremophile, nutrients delicacy's

literally the living feeding off their ancient ancestors.., sounds familiar somehow.

funbox

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
Possible little spiral here?
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Very tiny snail like shape I was trying to show here very small.

I was thinking the rock looks a lot like ancient clay beds I have seen.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Wow you actually did see it! Lol! thanks nice enlargement there!

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

yep almost missed it

didn't miss this sun basking rock/wood'ophile

unusual the way it seems to adhere to the sunbed, I mean rock

sol 931

funbox

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

rock/wood'ophile

Nice one I like that!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

reminds a little of this one from last year, the rock riding rock

and these

with the adherence undulating appearance going on in others pics

and of the rock taking a peak from under its rockshell

and rocko'squid

im sure there's more , but the haystack is getting big

funbox

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing those again, such fond memories! All very impressive finds to me, I would not be surprised if there was at least one true life form among those!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join