It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (2015)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If i were a Marsamal alive on mars as it is described to us today, I think I would be small, would eat minerals, would perhaps be coated in a rock or mineral shell. I think i may look like a rock especially if there were preditor mineral eating mineral eaters!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

the advertising on this site is testing to say the least *

seems a bit of an odd blot in the landscape , almost like an old space boot

although this whole region seems to be up ticking with anomalies , apparently there's a wall somewhere , but I've not been able to find it yet

funbox]
edit on 17-3-2015 by funbox because: invisable blind wolves

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

name it Poteighter, after the person who found it , do you have any of the other pictures ?, I seem to remember this config cropping up a few times

funbox

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

name it Pot8er, after the person who found it , do you have any of the other pictures ?, I seem to remember this config cropping up a few times

funbox

edit on 17-3-2015 by funbox because: same but different

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox

the advertising on this site is testing to say the least *

seems a bit of an odd blot in the landscape , almost like an old space boot

although this whole region seems to be up ticking with anomalies , apparently there's a wall somewhere , but I've not been able to find it yet

funbox]

The one right in the middle...very bone-ish to me...well not a good bone representative but you get what I mean. May have been in a space boot once :-)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

that whole bit of region looks odd , the bone looks like it's protruding from an arch /hole/tunnel.. just around it ,also to my eyes there appears to be many arching structures tubes ?... what can it all mean ?

funbox

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

strange you should say that , this chowders going to taste great with turtle added

mast 924

funbox

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

Cute! if nothing more mars has many wonderful weird rocks! very decorative and unique!Looking at NASA pictures hurts my head though so dark and out of focus.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

cute ? like the gargoyles on York cathedral cute
although this one looks like he can move a little faster than mould , im keeping an eye out for the tasty critter in future pictures , cant have nasa getting a monopoly on the Martian chowder industry, I may get to name a soup yet

funbox

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
upticking from Mahli

mahli , some sol or other, maybe 930
sinous-exstremophilus ?

feast for the eye these pics , almost seeing structures similar to the infamous Hougland's pics

funbox

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

funbox strikes goldbox. What is it? Do any geology minded folks here know about this type of stuff?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Interesting, it almost looks like fossilized foam.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Maybe now would be a good time for Curiosity to break out its long-distance laser. Or are they close enough to reach over the drill some of this out for a sample. If they pass this one up, who's driving the thing, Gomer Pyle?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Maybe now would be a good time for Curiosity to break out its long-distance laser. Or are they close enough to reach over the drill some of this out for a sample.

It looks like they are close.

If they pass this one up, who's driving the thing, Gomer Pyle?

Once more, I don't have the slightest idea of what a Gomer Pyle is.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
That whole area looks interesting, it looks like the white material that we saw in some photos appearing in thin veins is much more abundant in this area, along with that grey material.

Here's a small(ish) panorama I just made with the photos from Sol 925, just click on the image to go to the GigaPan panorama.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
upticking from Mahli

mahli , some sol or other, maybe 930
sinous-exstremophilus ?

funbox

Good find, SpotBox, almost looks like growth of some kind that took place there ... minerals? crystals? organisms? Difficult to say, but I could imagine certain forms of fossilized marine lifeforms to leave similiar traces in the rock (eg. sponges).

The coloring and seamless transition to the other material suggests otherwise, but who can tell what we've really got here? I'm also hoping for our anonymous ATS geologist/mineralogist to take a look at this.

@Aleister: thanks for pointing me to this post, I might have actually missed it ... !

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

Another area of funbox's discovery. This one seems a separate block of goo-with-details as well, with discernible edges, and looks to be flowing around the rock near the bottom. The entire area is, of course, covered with a layer of dust/sandparticulates, so we can't ascertain its true colour or colour differences between the details, and have to rely on our visual sense of where something begins and then stops. Notice the black spots/holes, the same as in the area funbox highlighted, and just a hint of the same tendril-structures but more deeply covered. funbox's highlighted area, with obvious structure and repeating features, may or may not be made of the same substance as this portion.

brought to you by friends-of-funbox, a multi-linear and multi-international conglomerate of people waiting-for-Red-Rover-to-come-over-and-dust-and-drill-this-puppy.

edit on 21-3-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

a feast for the eyes Aliester , I wonder what it would be all like cooked and served ? mineral vein, extremophile soup anyone ? but I see no ones spotted Hoaglands cousin yet

see pic

funbox

edit on 21-3-2015 by funbox because: added pic

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

it is an unusual appearance this material , where did that geologist go ?

for example , here it appears to be shaping some sort of eroded draconian skull

what would Arken say I wonder ?

mast 526

funbox

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Looks like drphilex got lost somewhere in the ATS dungeon, can't even check his last visit in the member base - perhaps he deleted his account?

Anyhow, there's a good chance to get geological explanations by comparing these features with similar ones found on Earth, provided that the shapes are sufficiently distinctive. In this case, though, I wouldn't know what we should be looking for ... perhaps that'll change as new images come in.

Arken? Yep, I also wonder what his take would have been on this formation! While talking about other members: SymptomOfTheUniverse also went missing! Looks like the anomalies crowd has been slightly decimated over the past months ...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join