It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (2015)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
For the life of me, I cannot find a link in here on ATS, involving Arken, where he had found an image on Mars that looked just like a piece of brain coral. Still looking.

I think this is about as close as we've gotten. There are obvious differences, though.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Is this what we're looking at?

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

hmmm familiar

funbox

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I found another picture of o'squidy the other day , I think I might be able to do a gif, see if there's any movement in that undulating foot

could be interesting

funbox

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

You have an Martian eye, a very good find. Worth a dust-off, if anyone at NASA or JPL saw it. They really should have someone checking this thread for things they've missed. Again, great find, and in this case a picture is worth 100,000 words.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Yet another intriguing find ... really a good one, in fact!

I wonder whether or not NASA/JPL are going to take a closer look at this particular feature. I wouldn't say it's one or more ammonites, but it's not far-fetched to say there's a circle with radiating lines or grooves.

Shouldn't something like that make any geologist/archaeologist curious? Even if it turns out to be ... just a random arrangement of feldspar crystals? I'd say it's high time for another MAHLI shot!

edit on 24-3-2015 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

Yes, the more I look at it the better it looks, and it certainly looks like some discovered last year. Maybe this one should go on a break-away thread of its own. BlueShift, please do the honors, you of the eagle eye.

edit on 24-3-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

And this one certainly looks like some of the past finds. Even one of the whatsits I have linked in my signature looks something like that. Tis a great week for Mars discoveries, me thinks.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

If Curiosity is going to stay here just as long as she did at Pahrump Hills, then we're going to get lots of additional imagery. Would be strange if she just moved on without further investigating that interesting set of patterns.

And a break-away thread would be a good idea, preferably with a fossil identification chart included, just in case!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

you don't mean
do you?

ive got a feeling that wouldn't go down to well in the chowder soup..

unless it extremophile-soup of course

funbox

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

interested in plotting the anomalies to the route ? maybe we might be able to see further patterns , im curious to see the dry spell , and its postion it time to the rovers location

ill think on this some more ,format etc etc

funbox

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r
If Curiosity is going to stay here just as long as she did at Pahrump Hills, then we're going to get lots of additional imagery. Would be strange if she just moved on without further investigating that interesting set of patterns.

And a break-away thread would be a good idea, preferably with a fossil identification chart included, just in case!

It's interesting, but I don't like starting new threads. Please feel free if you'd like to do that.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Did you come across the object(s) yourself, or find them somewhere else online? They look like ones you search for and have found in the past. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

go on Aleister , you know you're eager to drop it up there, plus there's been a very minor influx.. looks like Mahli's cams on the move, by the look of the shadow

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...#/?slide=935

funbox

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Did you come across the object(s) yourself, or find them somewhere else online? They look like ones you search for and have found in the past. Thanks.

I was just looking at the image everybody was interested in to see what they were looking at. As I've said in the past, I tend to look for spirals. Things that at least look like they probably couldn't have formed without some biological assistance. I'm pretty good at spotting them.

There are some other things in the image that are curious, but nothing I felt like pointing out. One of those frightfully common "C" shapes, for instance. I don't know what those are. Maybe a kind of multi-celled creature that uses a "C" shape to funnel in food or something, rather than something with a mouth and tentacles like the little creatures here on Earth.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Very good. This one may be a potential history maker. I've said that before, and meant it, and mean it this time as well. Your accumulated finds, as well as other posters body of work - the recent stuff from funbox, added to his past barrel of marskeys and jeeps jeeper finds, gives a glimpse into bygone eras - presents a compelling case for past life on Mars, no matter what the NASA and JPL experts are willing or able to say.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
linked thread was 404ed
edit on 24-3-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

that was weird , o well

funbox

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

It was trash-binned. When the image was sharpened and zoomed in upon the structure we see in the photo fades quite a bit. Could it be a very good optical illusion? Maybe you can play with it to see what you find it to be.

(post by funbox removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join