It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you believe or not believe in a "Creator"?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Ah, such a genuine heart-felt response! If everyone continues to respond in this manner something truly wonderful will come of this. Thank you Cuervo and everyone else for adding such constructive view points to this thread.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EviLCHiMP

I believe because I'm smart.
I gotta give myself credit for that one.
edit on Rpm10315v15201500000040 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The fact that you can believe in anything, or ask others what they believe in, or not alone is all the answer you need.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Valid and simplistic, I like it. Thank you for sharing

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Hehe, beautiful isn't it?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

After retiring just over 10 years ago and spending shed-loads of time on the internet searching for answers, I came to the conclusion that we were created by beings who the Sumerians called "The Anunnaki" . It is not exactly clear as to 'why' and 'what for' but they appear to have left us laws to live by which, over the past 10,000 years we have managed to abuse every single one of them.
The amount of atrocities and tragedies I have personally witnessed, and/or seen evidence of, during my travels around the world have left me in no doubt that there is no 'Divine Deity' looking after us.
Nevertheless, you cannot (and must not) make any attempt to destroy religious faith as this would result in Armageddon.
Should these "Anunnaki" return I firmly believe that, after what we have done to our planet, the diseases we have created and the cruelty we have inflicted on each other, they will make a 100% certain destruction job on us this time.
We would deserve it in my humble opinion.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: EviLCHiMP
a reply to: Cuervo

Ah, such a genuine heart-felt response! If everyone continues to respond in this manner something truly wonderful will come of this. Thank you Cuervo and everyone else for adding such constructive view points to this thread.

If you want constructive? Here's one I did.

I'd rather know I believe than believe I know.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

1 chooses to believe in "THE WHO CREATED US ALL* " because after viewing reality subjectively with my current level of perception, it appears that everything WAS and IS CREATED by some form of ENERGY.

I say energy because it appears that many CREATOR Creations displaying kinetic energy activity seem to be in need of some form of ingestion of matter. Matter material that then is CONVERTED into fuel for said CREATOR Creations to remain active... So basically no energy intake no activity.

This has helped to lead 1 to think that yes there does EXIST a omnipotent Energy being or SOURCE that has Created us ALL* Who 1 would label the CREATOR...
The association of ENERGY to the CREATOR is displayed through the many forms Created that require energy to survive...

Whether a being that consumes physical matter to live or a being that consumes metaphysical energy to Exist. There is still a requirement of ENERGY consumption to LIVE or EXIST...

And so a CREATOR ENERGY OMNIPOTENT BEING
With the ability to create Creations, who live or Exist NO MATTER THE FREQUENCY OR DIMENSION by consuming energy...

These CREATOR Creations can be manifested in various forms.
And in these various forms some Creations may be more elder at times or may evolve faster then others at times...
Those who ARE the ELDER or more EVOLVED may be seen as or become CREATOR GOD Sends.

1 calls them CREATOR GOD Sends because they may be perceived as GODS by beings not necessarily less important then them in CREATION, but more so may just be LESS MATURE or LESS EVOLVED.

SENT to help advance a maturing CREATOR Creation ENERGY GROUP or (CCEG)
or manage a down spiraling CCEG that may have continuous difficulty evolving-advancing or maturing.
For example the possible connections said to be with the ANNUNAKI AND HUMANS...

To 1 subjectively the CREATOR sends AVATARS or comes thy self in form of AVATARS like LORD JESUS CHRIST and many others such as BUDDHA, KRISHNA or even LORD ENKI and also may formulate itself in the species of interest to observe closer activities of CCEG.
THE may also come to assist in development of a CCEG. And by doing so this allows the CREATOR direct contact with and evaluation of its Creations sometimes known other times unknown in order to see how some species or CCEG behave and interact with other CCEG.

This is why 1 chooses to believe in a CREATOR or SOURCE of us ALL*

Some CCEG may be benevolent or malevolent and may primary EXIST in realms associated to benevolent or malevolent behaviors. And so to 1 it may be useful or helpful to believe in the CREATOR and its GOD SENDS, as it may be a way for the CREATOR to send HELP for you why existing or living within the more malevolent realms of EXISTENCE...
Why as well it may be a way for the CREATOR to help its CCEG to ASCEND higher in the realms of benevolence.

Somewhat its like the belief factor in a CREATOR or SOURCE allows for connection and to not believe may generate a disconnection. And being disconnected from the CREATOR or SOURCE may cause some CCEG to be captured-deceived and or fed off of metaphysically unknowingly. Placing the disconnected from the CREATOR or SOURCE potentially in the hands and interest primarily of the more malevolent CCEG... Who may have advanced abilities and technologies that can generate ILLUSIONARY perceptions of reality to further trap the disconnected.

AND THIS IS WHY 1 FEELS ITS LOGICAL TO BELIEVE AND REMAIN CONNECTED TO THE CREATOR OR SOURCE OF ALL*

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OzTiger

Do you believe these beings to be the creators of existence or just humanity in general? If so what would you personally gain or lose from believing this? What do you personally feel about the reality of a supreme creator, or even a magnitude of creators? Thank you for sharing!

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

That's really beautiful, I'm going to make a mental note of that saying. Thank you Randyvs

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Beautiful explanation Ophiuchus, thank you for sharing!

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I neither believe nor do I disbelieve.
It's a concept to be considered as far as I am concerned.
I see nothing to incline me to believe there was a creator.
And with a question as "large" as this one, you can't prove a negative.
I am not in any position to claim it/he/she/them does or does not exist.

I wasn't there at the "beginning" if the universe even has a "beginning".
edit on 3-1-2015 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Anytime EviLCHiMP
nice thread op content

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

Honestly you are the first person who I have heard that from, very interesting and unique! Thank you for sharing yourself with us all.

I'm really happy that everyone is being so constructive, honest, and respectful in the face of adversity! Thank you all for participating

edit on 3-1-2015 by EviLCHiMP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Once anything has to be describe as a "belief" then it is obvious it is not truth. Nobody goes around saying they "belief" in the Universe, Nature, animals. plants, disease, life, death etc. Because we are taught to be aware we try to cling to immortality. Nobody alive today was alive 150 years ago and will not be alive 150 years from now. You were not aware then and you will not be aware after 150 years. Sadly all evidence point to that being the TRUTH.

YOU ARE AWARE, I AM AWARE, EVERYONE IS AWARE, THERE IS UNIVERSAL AWARENESS. IF ANYTHING EXISTS BEYOND IMMORTALITY THEN IT IS "UNIVERSAL AWARENESS" NOT "INDIVIDUAL AWARENESS". AND IT IS THAT UNIVERSAL AWARENESS THAT IS 'GOD'.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: toktaylor

Very interesting, thank you for sharing

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

My pleasure.
Thank you for keeping a positivity to the subject.

I think the crux of the problem is that most if not all people are driven by the need to at least feel like they "know".
It makes perfect sense evolutionarily *is that even a word? LoL!*.
It's better to be avoiding the lion that may or may not be there than eaten by the lion that was there when you didn't take proper precaution.
If you catch my meaning.

Me, I am documentedly different *think disorders*.
Which can be a good and bad thing.
It definintely works as far as unique perspectives.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: toktaylor

Not as easy as that though.

1. Knowledge as Justified True Belief

There are three components to the traditional (“tripartite”) analysis of knowledge. According to this analysis, justified, true belief is necessary and sufficient for knowledge.

The Tripartite Analysis of Knowledge:
S knows that p iff
i. p is true;
ii. S believes that p;
iii.S is justified in believing that p.

The tripartite analysis of knowledge is often abbreviated as the “JTB” analysis, for “justified true belief”.

Socrates articulates the need for something like a justification condition in Plato's Theaetetus, when he points out that ‘true opinion’ is in general insufficient for knowledge. For example, if a lawyer employs sophistry to induce a jury into a belief that happens to be true, this belief is insufficiently well-grounded to constitute knowledge.

Before turning to influential twentieth-century arguments against the JTB theory, let us briefly consider the three traditional components of knowledge in turn.

I highly recommend this, it's interesting reading: Knowledge Analysis@ Stanford.edu

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: EviLCHiMP

What do you personally believe you have to gain by believing in a God?
Nothing.
What do you personally believe you have to lose by believing in a God?
My intellectual integrity.
What do you personally believe you have to gain by not believing in a God?
Intellectual integrity.
What do you personally believe you have to lose by not believing in a God?
Nothing.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

You're most welcome my friend. I think as more people contribute to this thread we all will begin to see how diverse our views are yet how tolerant we can be in midst of such diversity when we simply allow each other to have and share our beliefs. Nobody has to be right and nobody has to be wrong, we can still love each other and be philosophically opposed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join