It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you believe or not believe in a "Creator"?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I've long held that it likely doesn't matter to a "creator" whether I believe in it or not... as any creator of this immensely complex, beautiful universe likely doesn't have an ego problem...

And more importantly, if such a being exists, which isn't as unlikely as most Western rationalists would assert, then the only important thing, to me, would be whether such a being believes in ME.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: EviLCHiMP
a reply to: Jamie1

Beautiful, thank you for sharing!

You're welcome! Thank you for raising the question. It's a great question.

Questions are the answer.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: EviLCHiMP

I don't 'believe' in a Creator/God ... I KNOW there is a creator/God.
It's not a matter of faith with me. It' just a matter of fact.
That is based on personal experience and a close encounter with the Divine.

How do you know it was the Divine?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Who creates the future?
No one creates the future but the thought of other times is created now. Thought creates the 'illusion' that there is something other than what there is.
Now is the source and sum of all there is.
Was now created?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

You know what doesn't change? TRUTH! That is all I'm interested in..

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I believe in a Creator God for two reasons:

1 The intricate coding in the text of the Bible [I'm not speaking of ELS coding].

2 He has spoken to me personally.

You don't have to agree with me, but you will...

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

What do you personally believe you have to gain by believing in a God?
The comfort of knowing that life is a training ground for ones own soul and life doesn't end when our physical bodies die.

What do you personally believe you have to lose by believing in a God?

nothing

For those of you who believe we are God imminent, what fuels your belief?

I believe we are all our own Gods and have the power within ourselves to know this. Many years of astral projections, psychic experiences, the law of attraction working amazingly, and things falling into place miraculously, fuel my belief.

I am 100% against organized religion. I believe organized religion is brainwashing people to keep them spiritually ignorant of the true power they hold in themselves. The universe doesn't happen to you, your thoughts and feelings create what happens in the universe.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
i forgot to mention the fibonacci sequence, and the phi ratio. The fact that everything is following a math equation is mind boggling. Why would the universe stick to these math equations? Are we living in a computer program? I think the answer is yes.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Mythology is the study of myths and myths are stories about supernatural deities, whether God (singular) or gods/goddesses.

The technical definition does apply to all religious literature. Or, at least, it should.

The trouble, of course, comes in trying to tell a Christian or a Muslim that his/her holy book is a collection of myths. Often this leads to some very angry words from them! Though I am sure the reasons are legion, I suspect it is because they neither understand the meaning of, or power within, mythic literature. If the big three of monotheism don't want to acknowledge that they've got a big book of myths though, that's their prerogative.

I, for one, happen to think mythology is a wonderful tool. Whether handed down from on high, or born through observation and analysis of the self and our surroundings, there is so much we can learn about ourselves and our place in the world by studying the myths and folklore of our cultures.

Pantheistic can refer to spirit manifesting in everything or God manifesting in everything. Usually, the latter is referred to as panentheism. I think you mean polytheistic (more than one god).

Yes, that was a typo; polytheism was the intended word.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: toktaylor

I'm sorry but this is a empty declaration.
Everybody claims they want, amusingly think they have, or are on the path to "the truth".
The word truth has been abused to the point of meaninglessness.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I would imagine that such an entity would scarcely notice us, if at all.
edit on 4-1-2015 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You didn't answer my question.
But then again I have always considered the argument from suffering or imperfection to be a rather silly argument.

Nature works, the system of it, and life is quite hardy.
Species rise and fall, life continues on.
If there is or was a creator, it did a good job provided this is what it set out to do.

edit on 4-1-2015 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: OzTiger

Buddy we are some nasty clever Monkeys with a capacity for true evil beyond both measure and belief. We also possess the ability to adapt to just about any condition or surrounding. War is what we do best, most lightly by design.

I think the Anunnaki should be scared of us this time around. If they did indeed create us, then they let the Jinn out of the bottle so to speak.

The way i see it, it's already Humanity 1 - Anunnaki 0 hence there apparent absence.

To travel the galaxies the way they do puts them that far in front of us it doesn't matter. The diseases we carry and/or have created will ensure that we will not be allowed to stray too far from the planet we have managed to turn into a festering garbage dump. Contrary to the laws they left, we lie, we steal, we commit adultery, covet our neighbours wife, kill and give the 'big finger' to the rest. We are a disgrace.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I tend to agree with you mate. Earth seems more and more like a prison planet as the days go by if you ask me.

I imagine if we ever do get off this rock and on to greener pastures, they wont be green for very long given the fact that we consume, destroy and pollute everything we seem to touch.

Humanity simply does not play well with others, hence there apparent absence.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Why would i believe ina creator? Evolution works fine for me.
I believe in God, but it is in definition: The unknown energy that creates coincidences when you hold the right intentions.
So there was a being thinking and acting before God got created.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

I don't really have an answer i'm afraid. My gut instinct says if there ever was a creator or creators Humanity probably destroyed, consumed or usurped there position then became them.

edit on 5-1-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I tend to agree with you mate. Earth seems more and more like a prison planet as the days go by if you ask me.

I imagine if we ever do get off this rock and on to greener pastures, they wont be green for very long given the fact that we consume, destroy and pollute everything we seem to touch.

Humanity simply does not play well with others, hence there apparent absence.

I agree. The "Anunnaki" is not the name of the beings that (reportedly) messed with our DNA but simply means "Those who came from the sky" and was how the Sumerians referred to them. Who, what, why and where they came from remains unknown. I have literally read dozens of interpretations of the Sumerian Tablets (Zecharia Sitchin's interpretation is to be taken with a pinch of salt) and versions by 'debunkers' and versions debunking the debunkers etc., etc., etc. I am intrigued with the work done be Christian and Joy O'Brien and that learned scholar, and expert on Hebrew, Aramaic and the Sumerians cuneiform writings, Michael Heisler. I am also in awe of the knowledge by one of our most learned posters on the ATS site going under the name of "hart".
The answers to many questions regarding our 'creation' will, I doubt, not be solved during my lifetime. (I am in the winter of my years now).
My 'gut feeling' tells me that our DNA was modified many thousands of years ago and again about 10 thousand years ago. We were, I believe, all black at this stage in our history so there has to have been a mixture of races within the "Anunnaki" who passed on their DNA to us - the Star-ship Enterprise may have had some historical ancestral beginning in which case Mr Sulu has a lot to answer for.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Personally i think, fiction aside for a moment, the new iteration of Battle Star Galactica(The ending) closer to the truth regarding our creation/genetic upgrade. Possible the ship is still even orbiting our Earth in the form of our Moon?

edit on 5-1-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I Know God.

It happened through direct experience, Divine Union.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

A "creator" is a lazy answer to very hard questions, effectively used to calm simple minds fear of the unknown, and occasionally to supress critical thinking.

Because god did it!

And then there is the issue of who created the creator.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join