It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With All The Guns In America Is The Country Destined For Revolt?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

As a daily licensed carrier...I dont see it a a possible revolt perse. But, Im not alone in my opinion that if any posturing was done by gun owners...its would be in a defensive capacity...against an offense of our government against us.

I guess...maybe that could be construed the same way?

Yea its mostly discussed in the Federalist Papers as a defensive capacity. Examples are given. Its a remedy and answer for the "rise of despots". The primary concern at that time was the state vs state scenario. That being one state sees the rise of a militaristic despot that then attacks other states in land grab ect. Same goes for cites within a state. European examples of same were drawn from as possible scenarios i.e. states were given the right to draw their own and maintain their own militias. Some think it ends there but it matriculates down to city, village, hamlet, citizen and is as strong on that end as it is the other.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

As it should be. If you don't think america deserves a revolution you are stupid, dumb, retarded. How many adjectives do you need? Guns secure that revolution. Any future govt. that doesn't support open armement is gonna screw the people eventually. Guns preserve freedom, because the threat of violence prevents abuse. We are being abused like a rape victim, and the sad fact is most people are defending the rapist.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I kind of think of it this way, without guns there can be no revolution. The people cant revolt without guns.

So if there are guns there is a chance of revolution, and will eventually in time lead to a revolution.

So if people give up thier guns the future will be revolution free forever so to say.

Some say a revolt depends on the actions of a governenment, while I believe its the guns.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

There have been many revolutions throughout history where the people didnt have guns .. things get bad people will use whatever they have at hand to fight with .. along with the arms dealers making a fortune supplying the rebels / factions in conflicts around the world .. taking away guns wont change anything ..

In regard to someone elses comment about revolutions being illegal .. only if you lose the revolution ..

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I dont want to rain on anyones parade but it seems to me that gun owners are up against insurmountable odds should any revolt ever begin.

I watched this guy talking about the second amendment and think he makes some sense, however I do not feel that the US governments decisions could ever be effected by people owning guns.

To be honest I think anyone who ever did try to revolt would be vastly outgunned and bombed by drones into little tiny itsybitsy bits and pieces nanoseconds after the revolt began.

Not to mention things like disinformation and cutting off communication with any other revolters.

There is vast difference in military hardware and technology, that alone would render any revolt mute, blind, deaf, and dumb.

Lets not forget US bases in other countries, Underground Bases, Space Based Bases, the United Nations, and the draft, all of which would likely cause a divide to widen even further.

So to summarize there will be no victory within sight even if a revolt ever did began.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Considering the high probability that there may be no possible victory in a revolt, why keep firearms for anything other than self defence?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The country needs another revolt because the only people thats having a good time are the elite and everyone else is getting a police state.

Heads will roll sooner or later as the endemic coruption is removed and the law of treason is enforced by "We the people"

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Considering the high probability that there may be no possible victory in a revolt, why keep firearms for anything other than self defence?
because if you need them when you need them you better have them. "OH gee! we didn't need guns but now we do. I was wrong about that. can i get a time out or a mulligan or something?"

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: th2356

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
a reply to: th2356

Count up all the times that has happened and then know that we always had guns. There's stupid people in life. The majority knows not to have a loaded gun in their purse. That's why we have so many laws. They # it up for the rest of us who have a brain.

Don't use one case to take my guns. I can care less what the rest of the world thinks. They can bow down to their masters. That's not how we do it here. Don't like it, move!

Not sure if you are telling me to move or not, but I don't plan to. I live in Norway and enjoy a happy, peaceful life here where I don't have to worry about armed crackpots anywhere. Not even the police wear guns here.

That makes no sense. Norway had one of the largest mass murders with a gun in 2011.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Didn't happen anything like it before 2011, and nothing like it has happened after 2011. Instead of letting the terrorist win by making us all hateful and scared and paranoid, instead of bying guns to "protect" ourselves, we bought roses and marched to mourn and honor the dead. (The red rose is the symbol of the Labour Party, and the children and youths who was murdered at Utøya were attending a Labour Party youth camp.)

Some pics here with English texts:

www.boston.com...

The Oslo Mayor Fabian Stang spoke for us all when he said:
"We will punish the guilty. The punishment will be more generosity, more tolerance, more democracy "

No thanks, no armed population for us. We value peace and sanity more than aggression and paranoia.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Wow this is current interesting discussion on full spectrum gun control in the US. It suprised me that the United Nations has a role to play in US gun confiscation.

It seems that there is some sort of new RFID chip to be put in every round of ammunition to trace everything.

There also seems to be some ammunition reduction going on.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Revolt!!!!!!!

Can we wait a few weeks the new season of the bachelor is on.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
Revolt!!!!!!!

Can we wait a few weeks the new season of the bachelor is on.

I was waiting on the next season of Honey Booboo Child lolz!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I just had a thought, that it may fall to the States themselves to begin any kind of revolt or SECESSION.

Doesnt mean it would be violent just that some may want out which is kind of like a revolt.

Just food for thought. . . .

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Your premise is flawed. When the Second Amendment was written the military and the citizens were using the same weapons, today however things are different. As a citizen you have access to some rather nice guns, but those guns aren't good enough. The military has tanks, fighter jets, drones, computer viruses, electronic surveillance, body armor, better medical care, bio weapons, chemical weapons, and nuclear weapons. Your rifle simply can't stand up to that. If a group of armed citizens uprise, that is what they face and half of that stuff is owned by just the police department not even the military.

The arms gap is so large that you have no opportunity to violently revolt, the second amendment has failed in that purpose. Even if you were allowed to have a privately owned state of the art fighter jet complete with weapons systems an individual cannot reasonably afford these things. Each missile costs $1 million, each minute of flight costs another million, and we haven't even gotten into the support systems and personnel for such hardware.

The second amendment of today, if you want to revolt against the government has nothing to do with firearms. It is all about the ability to construct IED's, computer viruses, hacking computer documents, and encryption. On that note, the battle of the future in limiting government will not be about the second amendment but rather about the third, and the ability of the state to put monitoring devices in your home (attached to your computing devices) as agents of the state.

So we get back to the question of limiting guns. The answer is that it doesn't really matter, but that we wouldn't see any positive effect from outlawing guns for 30-50 years, while we may open ourselves up to some negative consequences. At the same time, people seem to like their guns so why not leave them legal?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
Suspect every one who approaches that jewel.
Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."

"The great object is that every man be armed.
Everyone who is able may have a gun."

Patrick Henry

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Funny .. neither charlie .. nor more recently the afghans had the weapons or firepower the americans have at their disposal .. both managed to put uncle scam back in place .. never underestimate human ingenuity and spirit .. greatest weapon a person has is their mind and ability to think ..

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Hahahahahaha... americans revolt .... now thats funny .. between how divided they are amongst themselves .. and how fat.. lazy .. apathetic and brainwashed the public is a revolution will never happen in amerika ..

Very true! Remember this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Tomorrow Is May 16, 2014: Operation American Spring Rally In Washington D.C. A group of self-described revolutionary-style patriots with a million mobilized militia members are heading to downtown Washington, D.C., this week to bring a simple message to political leadership, from President Obama to House Speaker John Boehner: Get out.

They claimed there would be 10-30 million.... they got about 1-2 hundred, very quickly dropping to 10 people and a dog.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Revolutions happen when people are pushed too far.

How far depends on Culture and Religion,

not guns

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
a reply to: Aazadan

Funny .. neither charlie .. nor more recently the afghans had the weapons or firepower the americans have at their disposal .. both managed to put uncle scam back in place .. never underestimate human ingenuity and spirit .. greatest weapon a person has is their mind and ability to think ..

And what was their most effective form of attack? It wasn't getting in direct firefights with our forces, it was using IED's and guerrilla warfare. Militarily they were very ineffective killing low numbers of our troops especially when contrasted with how many of them we killed.

The weapons that matter today if you want to fight back against the government are not rifles and hand guns. It is fertilizer, diesel fuel, and computer code, and possibly the mail system if you can get toxins to send out.
edit on 6-1-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join