It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With All The Guns In America Is The Country Destined For Revolt?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Americans are armed due to the second amendment, not only for self protection but also for overthrowing the government if need be.

I wonder if the second amendment was made in order to seed a revolution into the country.

Many believe that citizens should not have guns, only police officers and military should be allowed to have guns. There seems to be a push to get guns registered and even ban guns altogether in some states.

My main topic of this thread is are the guns in the 2nd amendment for overthrowing the government? Is America destined for a revolution due to the right to bear arms?

Would you be willing to give up your guns and change the 2nd amendment to avoid such a destiny for future generations?

edit on 2-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Americans are armed due to the second amendment, not only for self protection but also for overthrowing the government if need be.

I wonder if the second amendment was made in order to seed a revolution into the country.

Many believe that citizens should not have guns, only police officers and military should be allowed to have guns. There seems to be a push to get guns registered and even ban guns altogether in some states.

My main question is are the guns in the 2nd amendment for overthrowing the government?

Is America destined for a revolution due to the right to bear arms?

Would you be willing to give up your guns and change the 2nd amendment to avoid such a destiny for future generations?

There would not be such a worry about registration or banning guns if the government were legitimate, honest, accountable, transparent, ethical and worked for the people, rather than against them. Unfortunately, legitimate, honest, accountable, transparent and of course ethical are not in any government members vocabulary, except made as a joke or a slight when they are communicating with their owners, which are not "the people."

On your final question, NO.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 1/2.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

The truth is the bad guys should not have guns.
The bad guys are often hard to spot these days.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Maybe if we stopped shooting each other for a day we could talk about using them for a revolution, or if we as a people could come together on what to revolt against and what we will do after it might happen but until then no way. Or even decide who is allowed to have guns and who isn't.
And my comment about us shooting each other I'd meant for all things from gang violence to people shooting people by mistake.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
You are looking at the right things, but from the wrong end.

The Founders included the second amendment becuase they knew that there would likely be a need for future rebellion to preserve liberty. They knew this because they studied history more thoroughly than anyone else at the time (or ever, for that matter). History shows that power corrupts, and all governments slide towards tyranny over time.

Never heard the old "...tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants..." quote?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Considering so much of their constitution has been violated for decades and the people, not even the militias or national guards have done anything about it, revolution from tyranny seems fairly unlikely. The same for most countries to be honest, simply to many brainwashed people in society, no one will ever be able gain the inertia needed.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
guns don't cause revolt. Revolt is caused by is a reaction to oppression. if there is nothing to revolt against there is no revolt. Guns are irrelevant as to motives and causes.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Civil war should be avoided as much as humanly possible it WILL be SO horrible the world will recoil at what we would do to each other, unless the system is shut down fast or insiders assist in the takedown.
If protracted the world will pimp to their favorites to win,when EVERYONE (aside from our current POTUS that is) wants America STABLE.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The 2nd was put in place to give the power to the people, to reclaim the Govt by force, if it is deemed necessary.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The Teeth behind the "Republic" are firearms in the hands of that "public".

The intent is to be at least as well armed as the government. Sadly thats no longer the case and the gap is ever widening.

If the government "ever changelings" have their way they will legislate all the guns worth a s*** and one day know where all the rest are.

The only power a dictatorship respects is that which comes from the barrel of a gun.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Revolutions happen when the cost of food reaches right around 40% of the average household income. In the US we are under 10%.

Look around........Big cars.....big houses......big dinners. Now inflation is something to worry about.....See what I posted above.
edit on 2-1-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Maybe if we stopped shooting each other for a day we could talk about using them for a revolution, or if we as a people could come together on what to revolt against and what we will do after it might happen but until then no way. Or even decide who is allowed to have guns and who isn't.

And my comment about us shooting each other I'd meant for all things from gang violence to people shooting people by mistake.

The problem is that all groups and such always get infiltrated. That is how the founders knew this day we are speaking of would come. It will seem crazy but this reason has been around for ages and this is why people would have to bow to the king. Those that choose to infiltrate and such all share a spirit that is too proud to bow. That is the only true way to seperate the good and bad. simple yet effective.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

For all those who would give up your guns to make sure you can be unconditionally controlled by the government... just move to a different country please. It will be much simpler for you and us.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Hahahahahaha... americans revolt .... now thats funny .. between how divided they are amongst themselves .. and how fat.. lazy .. apathetic and brainwashed the public is a revolution will never happen in amerika ..

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

The 2nd was put in place to give the power to the people, to reclaim the Govt by force, if it is deemed necessary.

deemed necessary by who?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
We would rather revolt behind our computer screens. where we are anonymous and safe while showing off pics of our guns on facebook and forum posts.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

And leave the police, military and Govt. as being the only ones with the guns?

"Here you go sir... Take away the only way I can fight back, protect myself, my family against...you."

No.

Peace

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Two year olds should not have access to guns either, but recently a littly boy killed his own mother in Wal-Mart because he had easy access to a loaded gun. All he had to do was open a zipper. Too bad that the mother did not have a gun to protect herself against this "bad" little boy that was so hard to spot.

Oh wait, she DID have a gun.... A loaded one. In her purse. While shopping at Wal-Mart. With little kids.

Only in America. Really. The rest of the civilized world is watching the US gun nuts in horror and disbelief.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

The US people. When voting has been deemed as unsuccessful, and the Govt has become out of control and unresponsive.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

The Bad Guys hold elected office .. president.. senators .. congressmen ..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join