It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With All The Guns In America Is The Country Destined For Revolt?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
A few others have mentioned it... Expat888 hit the nail on the head. There will be no revolt in America. I've said it a few times, there is too much apathy for one another. The 'So long as it wasn't me or my family' mentality has taken hold. I believe it's the objective of one of the greatest social engineering plots ever. We have become an entertainment focused nation. The world has becomed so jacked up, that it's much easier to turn on mind numbing television than address anything. It's too much work to sift through all the deception and political crap. It's too much work to research candidates and their voting histories and to get out and vote.

The point is, that so long as there is cable TV, Xbox, DVD's, theaters, Facebook, and mind numbing internet (Youtube cat videos), there will be no revolution.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: orangetom1999

Thanks, orangetom, I'd tend to agree with you. I wish I couldn't, but it is the sad truth. I suppose I should echo your point about the personal economic nature of this issue. Guns or no, when the cost of rebellion becomes cheaper than the cost of continuing to labor uder the oppressive yolk, you will see rebellion, unless we can be sufficiently distracted. I suspect we might be close to the edge, if not for the myriad of marvelous distractions available. You don't have to look too hard to find someone dissatisfied with the present nature of our government. I suspect that behind the words of some who are posting about the "apathy" of our people, and how it will "never happen", you will find disappointment at the fact that it hasn't happened yet. Be careful, people! Once we open this door, we may not find it so easy to close again. The wrong kind of revolution could be worse than no revolution at all.

The Declaration Of Independence, one of our oldest legal documents, has alot of wisdom to bring to this topic. Anyone onto this thought train who is not familiar with it should take a few minutes and give it a quick study. Our founding fathers summed it up right there better than orangetom or I ever could, more than two centuries ago.
edit on 18-1-2015 by engineercutout because: fix typo

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I believe it's the objective of one of the greatest social engineering plots ever. We have become an entertainment focused nation. The world has becomed so jacked up, that it's much easier to turn on mind numbing television than address anything. It's too much work to sift through all the deception and political crap. It's too much work to research candidates and their voting histories and to get out and vote.

The point is, that so long as there is cable TV, Xbox, DVD's, theaters, Facebook, and mind numbing internet (Youtube cat videos), there will be no revolution.

EternalSolace,

You bring out a valid point here and I am going to take a brief explanation here in the way of pointing out or clarifying to you and the readers here who can still think for themselves. The very nature of a thing.

Entertainment is one of your prime points about distractions. Substitutes for real independent thinking... Entertainments/Amusements.

Here...from etymology..the break down of words ...

Amuse...Amusement..

A - Without

Muse - Thinking

Without Thinking - Amuse/Amusement.

Something fed to us to prevent thinking.

Got it now....??? You are being had..we all are.

Wow!!! How about those Packers...How about NASCAR....Dancing With The Stars??

Give you anything but real information's to stoke and feed your thinking apparatus by which you can do independent thinking of your own and to your benefit. All this Amusement is nothing but group think to get people off the ability to independently think for themselves.

This is the Prime purpose of A - Musements. To prevent thinking.

I know this because so often I have seen people in conversation when a deep moral question is asked...they so often refer to a movie or television program they have watched as an example or answer to the question. They have no real experiences or knowledge's of their own. Instead they substitute some type or second hand programming off the tube or movie plot. Many of them do not even recognize this is going on inside them. The very scary thing is that so many of these people are voters. This cannot be accidental.

They have someone else's thoughts, someone else's Ideas, Someone else's emotions, all transplanted into them and they known it not.
Talk about artificial intelligence/AI..it is already here..right now. And this is the result..robotic emotional voters. Drama queens/Tabloid thinkers. Not independent thinkers but Xerox copies of tabloid junk.

Notice how the news media seems, as compared in times past, to be more and more tabloid like?? I have. It is just like going through the checkout stands and reading the Pulps or tabloids. Not designed to get you to think but to get you to emote.

Emoting is not necessarily thinking but it can get people to bite and set the hook...all the way into a voting booth...without thinking about what they are doing or what is happening.

Want to know why since Ronald Reagan ...Hollywood has had its nose deep up the backside of Washington DC and vice versa??
That is why ..to prevent thinking. I've noticed it ...a lot. How about the rest of you? Remember that about the news media and also about leadership today. Once you see it for yourself ..you will see it often and over and over.

This is not leadership..it is hijacking...peoples thoughts and emotions...right into a voting booth. Unless you know how to break the cycle/cut the strings...by independent thinking.

Another .02...free...no cover charge.

Orangetom
edit on 18-1-2015 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: engineercutout

Thanks, orangetom, I'd tend to agree with you. I wish I couldn't, but it is the sad truth. I suppose I should echo your point about the personal economic nature of this issue. Guns or no, when the cost of rebellion becomes cheaper than the cost of continuing to labor uder the oppressive yolk, you will see rebellion, unless we can be sufficiently distracted. I suspect we might be close to the edge, if not for the myriad of marvelous distractions available. You don't have to look too hard to find someone dissatisfied with the present nature of our government. I suspect that behind the words of some who are posting about the "apathy" of our people, and how it will "never happen", you will find disappointment at the fact that it hasn't happened yet. Be careful, people! Once we open this door, we may not find it so easy to close again. The wrong kind of revolution could be worse than no revolution at all.

The Declaration Of Independence, one of our oldest legal documents, has alot of wisdom to bring to this topic. Anyone onto this thought train who is not familiar with it should take a few minutes and give it a quick study. Our founding fathers summed it up right there better than orangetom or I ever could, more than two centuries ago.

engineercutout,

Well said sir..well said. And with a certain economy of words of which I am severely lacking.

I am suspecting that there is a growing number of people who are recognizing a severe lack of leadership in Washington DC today. I mean real leadership in lieu of Professional Victimizers and the baggage which is want to follow.

I do not think many people can put it into words today ..in a useful format which many people will recognize quickly once it is told or explained to them.

They just sense without words or putting it into words that there is a very severe lack of leadership in Washington DC...in both political parties. That they are not the product advertised...both Republicans and Democrats.
I believe this is a small but growing number of people. And I think this frightens the two party system. It is a turf war against the American People. As I said...Washington DC and their "Competitors." The American People.

I should also state that there is a very severe problem with Revolution which is also not taught to people for the very serious topic it is.

And that serious topic is the nature of revolution ..historically.

It is a very very rare thing in history that when a revolution takes place, one gets a better government than the one which was overthrown. It is often the reverse. You get a worse government than the one overthrown.

One of the very few times one has gotten a better government than the previous after a revolution is the United States of America. But remember ..this is our second government after the revolution. The first government was a total failure..."The Articles of Confederation." The Articles failed because they did not "Limit " the mischief of government. Runaway inflation by printing/ruining the money supply unto ruination. The very thing and direction our government is going into today..right now!!

For example ..Oliver Cromwell...dismissed the Parliament and thought that if he got a Parliament of Preachers that he would get just men and a just government. It was not to be so for the Preachers/Ministers did worse than the very troublesome Parliament he had just dismissed.
Oliver had to dismiss the preachers/ministers as well.

The truth of the matter historically is not that you will get good men in office..but that you are guaranteed to get bad men...always.

What the founders here did..was to recognize that fact historically. They wrote a charter of government which allowed for this. A charter that recognized that you would get only bad men. They knew this and wrote a charter "Limiting " their badness. This was and still is "The Limited Government " we are supposed to have.

What our government has done is give lip service to the Constitution of the United States...and written a separate section of rules and regulations in the Federal Registry and the United States Codes Annotated..and used them in lieu of the Constitution of the United States.
These are a set of rules which allow the government to go against the Constitution and therefore put limits on the people instead of government. This allows an unchained government...verses binding down the government with the chains of the Constitution. Most people have never been taught this..or any of this history.

The Federal Registry and United States Codes Annnotated are a type of Talmud.. a set of rules allowing one to get around the rules by following this new set of rules.

This is a type of Revolution which has already taken place because the people have no idea this has transpired. This is how you get a non representative government...in lieu of a representative government. And people are also slowly recognizing this fingerprint...without many being able to vocalize it.

Nonetheless...be very careful about revolutions...as there is no guarantee that the government which replaces the previous one will be better or more representative of the people ..or less representative.

Our Founders were realists...for they knew the history of men...that men do wickedness or badness continually. They wrote a charter which would limit their badness. And government has been trying diligently to get around this charter and back to "Divine Right of Kings" ever since.

I understood this with the present administration every time someone would state..."Your not a King." This refers to absolute power/unlimited power in the hands of one man....Divine Right of Kings. Feudalism...royalty..the very system that was not wanted by the Founders.

Remember this ATS readers. For you are going to hear it again in the news media..."You are not a King."

The media will not tell you this about what and why the founders rejected royalty..from a historical standpoint. You are never to know all the details and how or why it pertains to us as Americans.

Another .02 for you and the other readers out here.. free..no cover charge.

Thanks,
Orangetom

edit on 18-1-2015 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Just in case the readers also don't know from history.

There is also such a thing as a good dictator or king/queen.

Queen Elizabeth 1st was considered a good Queen. For she was a party girl and as long as she had her horses to ride, her dances, parties, and her lovers..she did little governing. The English people had to mostly fend for themselves. In short the English People had liberty because of a lazy monarch. When she passed ..Elizabeth was sorely missed.

There is also such a thing as a good dictator. A good dictator takes all power to them...and then does not use it. What they do in this is also not let government ...use or misuse it. The result is liberty for a people who must learn to decide and act for themselves. They therefore have liberty.
But it is very seldom that you find a leader with such skill. There have been some..but very few. Most get caught up into the aphrodisiac of power...the drug of power.

It is important that a people know this about history and the nature of power...that there have been good leaders because they were lazy or knew/understood the nature of power. They knew not to get caught up in the drug of power.

You will not be taught this line of thinking in most schools today.

Again..some more .02...free..no cover charge.

Orangetom

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

To further add to your statements, I'd like to say that the very reason the American Revolution happened, was because there was nothing to distract from current events. People lived, breathed, and died politics. It was discussed openly and passionately. The discussions were encouraged. Children would listen to their parents discuss different topics. There were no distractions from these discussions. Further, there was no technological disconnect. Every action government took directly affected everyone. Now, our government passes little things here and there and no one notices a thing.

This is why I whole heartedly believe that there will not be a revolution. Or even if one got off the ground, it would be unsuccessful. The tabloid news (MSM) you mentioned, would have the massess convinced that the revolutionaries are terrorists. Take the folks labeled as preppers, or the pro-2nd Amendment folks. The social engineering is already in effect. They're being labeled as potential domestic terrorists. People are being convinced that the thought process of wanting to replace a disfunctional government, is lunacy because everything is fine as it is.

I'm going to stop there before going into a rant. Long story short, I unfortunately believe a revolution is no longer a possibility. Our individual states can't even agree to a constitutional convention to completely do a run around the federal government. Sigh...
edit on 1/18/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

My main topic of this thread is are the guns in the 2nd amendment for overthrowing the government?

Short answer... Yes.

The Documents which are credited for founding the Republic are very clear in this respect. Not just the Bill of Rights and the second Amendment, but also the Declaration of Independence touches on it as well when it states:

-That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Source

I strongly suggest people read the full Declaration of Independence at the link provided. Read the reasoning and examples listed for why there ever was a Revolution to begin with. Read for yourself that the USA today- is everything the Founders fought against.

Is America destined for a revolution due to the right to bear arms?

Destined? I am not so sure. You'd have to find enough people with the balls to revolt. People willing to put everything on the line to effect change. Also keep in mind- at the time of the writing of the second amendment, as you commonly hear from people who are against it, it was written with muskets in mind. The people had muskets and so did the Government and Armies. It was a level playing field. That level playing field no longer exists. Which is something I attempt to explore in THIS THREAD a few years ago.

Would you be willing to give up your guns and change the 2nd amendment to avoid such a destiny for future generations?

Give up my guns? Absolutely not.

Change the second Amendment? Sure... but only to level the playing field once again. The only change I'd like to see in the 2nd is a removal of all restrictions.
edit on 18-1-2015 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I agree with most of what you post. I am aware of the trend line of this current government going after our own people in as much as they can get away with it. They are looking for enemies within. This is an important tell tale of the very nature of what is going on.

I speak of this in the nature of Occult studies. To see what is not intended to be seen.

Occult meaning hidden..concealed..except to those on the inside of what is going on.

When a government obviously turns on its people...and in particular their veterans..there is a severe and moral/ethical problem attempting to be hidden by government and from most observers. To go after your own people.
This further demonstrates the concept that todays government is not the product advertised.

I have known this from the very beginning some six years ago. I have also seen it coming over 20 years ago..that our government would turn on it's own people. This some 20 years ago was the beginning of my suspicions of the nature of the Republican Party..that they were not the product advertised..but were part of a Hegelian Dialectic...catching and steering the people between two phony parties. This is why they are both after the Tea Party...because of Hegelian operating principles at work. Good guy, Bad guy, Good cop, bad cop. And the media is hip deep in it ..if not deeper.

I have always thought that the 9/11 people hit the wrong target..they should have disabled or destroyed the American Media. They would have done all Americans a favor.

That sounds horrible, I know, and it is somewhat tounge and cheek..but short wave listening taught me years before home computers how much information is kept from the American people but is to be found out there if you know how.
Shortwave listening taught me how heavy a paper curtain existed over a supposedly free people.

Thanks for your excellent post,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MrWendal

That is exactly the purpose of the 2nd Amendment. To protect the people from Government...From government excesses..from government mischief returning to Absolute Power..to "Divine Right of Kings."

Our phony media as well as many politicians will do a quick slight of hand and attempt to default this slight of hand through so quickly you will not catch it if you do not know..if you have not educated yourself.

They will deceive, lie, and attempt quickly to illustrate or show the 2nd Amendment is for hunting. It says no such thing in the 2nd Amendment about hunting. Be warned of this slight of hand by leadership all across the spectrum.

This is how they counterfeit..switch out and default to a phony purpose which does not exist in the 2nd Amendment.

This is a counterfeit of the purpose of the 2nd Amendment. A phony default.

This is the nature of an Occult transaction taking place. Hidden and concealed from most unless you train yourself to spot it.

another .02,

Orangetom

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

"security of a free state" can be logically extended to mean free from oppression from their own elected govetnment

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I like to think of it this way, now of course I may be wrong. . . . . .

If there is a means to do a thing and a reason for doing it, it will be done.

If there is a method to revolt 2nd amendment, and the reasons are too many to mention, its just a matter of time.

However if the means to revolt are taken away there cant be one.

So as America is now I forsee a future revolt comming down the line at some point wether sooner or later, it will happen as long as the people have the means to do it.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DrJunk

You would need to amend the Constitution. You cant repeal the 2nd Amendment

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: DrJunk

You would need to amend the Constitution. You cant repeal the 2nd Amendment

You never know they may change the constitution. . . .

Austrailia banned thier guns and it went over without much of a fuss, I would imagine eventually it will happen here in the USA as well. . . .

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
i think the government is what is revolting. So much of it exists to control and limit freedom and milk the citizens like dairy cows whose milk is fees, taxes, fines, property confiscation, penalties, licenses and permits. they watch citizens and consider retired LEOS Firemen, Soldiers and little old ladies wanting to be politically active enemies of the state and terrorists. but consider actual terrorists and hostile foreign powers misunderstood underdogs.

ironically the hippies war protest song America by Steppenwolf is more accurate about liberal government than it was their contemporary government.

And though the past has it's share of injustice
Kind was the spirit in many a way
But it's protectors and friends have been sleeping
Now it's a monster and will not obey

The spirit was freedom and justice
And it's keepers seem generous and kind
It's leaders were supposed to serve the country
But now they won't pay it no mind
'Cause the people grew fat and got lazy
And now their vote is a meaningless joke

They babble about law and order
But it's all just an echo of what they've been told
Yeah, there's a monster on the loose
It's got our heads into a noose
And it just sits there watchin'

The cities have turned into jungles
And corruption is stranglin' the land
The police force is watching the people
And the people just can't understand

America where are you now?
Don't you care about your sons and daughters?
Don't you know we need you now?
We can't fight alone against the monster

Read more: Steppenwolf - Monster/Suicide/America Lyrics | MetroLyrics

edit on 19-1-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

OR our numbers...
I do TRY and explain how we could take out a tank with thermite but they are SLOW.
Aircraft LAND both take fuel and AGENCIES have PROTOCOLS and systems and ...

WE have the one thing they can't counter MOST of the experts IN the country regarding WARFARE,and WE are rather PISSED and motivated I can tell you.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

You never know they may change the constitution. .

I'm from Australia and the pretext used for gum confiscation was the Port Arthur massacre. If you look into it you will see that the actions of the perp could not have bought about such carnage. It was contrived much like the Twin Towers the London underground bombings.

Back on track however I am under the impression you would need a referendum by a majority of the voters to change the Constitution (same as in Australia)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
A revolt may be squashed with impunity, and may end up looking like some sort of terminator scenario, just fighting a bunch of machines like autonomus drones and such.

I dont know how the people could ever take out the elite in thier deep underground bunkers or manage to defend against difficult targets like submarines. . . .

However considering the size of the country the claiming of vast swaths of territory might be the easiest path to victory for revolters.

Now another idea of a possible scenario, just think if revolutionary conscription began in your area and all men, women, and even children, really wernt given a choice to say no I dont want to revolt or help out revolutionaries in some fashion through forced labor, salvaging, spotting, rounding up people, or other various types of duties.

How would the powers that be identify those were part of the revolt from those who werent?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Ah...Monster by Steppenwolf. Poignant lyrics

I think early seventies I started opening my eyes as to the true nature of our reality.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
My go to response for all of these...www.bob-owens.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
My go to response for all of these...www.bob-owens.com...

Interesting quote from your link, I wonder if this could be possible.

I do however think this is where the gun laws will be headed as far as confiscation is concerned. . . .

However I think we are forgetting the media and the important part they play in gaining the moral high ground, as well as propaganda.

It is my opinion people will be somehow convinced that they shouldnt have the means to revolt anymore.

From that point of view most will eventually give up thier guns.

Without guns there wont be any revolt, as those who have the weapons and land will have the power to dictate what others who are unarmed will do. I forsee mass conscription round ups by both sides and I dont see thier being a choice of not wanting to if the knock ever comes at anyones door.

Let me explain, gun grabbers, how your confiscatory fantasy plays out. Let us imagine for a moment that a sweeping gun control bill similar to the one currently suggested is passed by the House and Senate, and signed into law by a contemptuous President.

Perhaps 50-100 million firearms currently owned by law-abiding citizens will become contraband with the stroke of a pen. Citizens will either register their firearms, or turn them in to agents of the federal government, or risk becoming criminals themselves. Faced with this choice, millions will indeed register their arms. Perhaps as many will claim they’ve sold their arms, or had them stolen. Suppose that as many as 200-250 million weapons of other types will go unregistered.

Tens of millions of Americans will refuse to comply with an order that is clearly a violation of the explicit intent of the Second Amendment. Among the most ardent opposing these measures will be military veterans, active duty servicemen, and local law enforcement officers. Many of these individuals will refuse to carry out what they view as Constitutionally illegal orders. Perhaps 40-50 million citizens will view such a law as treason. Perhaps ten percent of those, 4-5 million, would support a rebellion in some way, and maybe 40,000-100,000 Americans will form small independently-functioning active resistance cells, or become lone-wolves.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join