It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With All The Guns In America Is The Country Destined For Revolt?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Now just an idea that would avoid a reolution of sorts is states going thier own way and doing thier own things.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I found this series on gun control, its a interesting take on gun control. So what happens if banning guns comes up to a vote and the USA goes the way of Austrailia?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Nope, people will never find the time to do it. Just too much effort required.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Nope, people will never find the time to do it. Just too much effort required.

Besides it gives comedians something to joke about.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Americans certainly are revolting.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

because shooting each other is SUCH an epidemic in America.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: th2356
a reply to: NavyDoc

Didn't happen anything like it before 2011, and nothing like it has happened after 2011. Instead of letting the terrorist win by making us all hateful and scared and paranoid, instead of bying guns to "protect" ourselves, we bought roses and marched to mourn and honor the dead. (The red rose is the symbol of the Labour Party, and the children and youths who was murdered at Utøya were attending a Labour Party youth camp.)

Some pics here with English texts:

www.boston.com...

The Oslo Mayor Fabian Stang spoke for us all when he said:
"We will punish the guilty. The punishment will be more generosity, more tolerance, more democracy "

No thanks, no armed population for us. We value peace and sanity more than aggression and paranoia.

Right. So your gun control didn't do anything to prevent the massacre.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Some gun comedy.

I think having guns for a revolution is rediculous considering the technology gap with the military.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

The truth is the bad guys should not have guns.
The bad guys are often hard to spot these days.

Two year olds should not have access to guns either, but recently a littly boy killed his own mother in Wal-Mart because he had easy access to a loaded gun. All he had to do was open a zipper. Too bad that the mother did not have a gun to protect herself against this "bad" little boy that was so hard to spot.

Oh wait, she DID have a gun.... A loaded one. In her purse. While shopping at Wal-Mart. With little kids.

Only in America. Really. The rest of the civilized world is watching the US gun nuts in horror and disbelief.

Seriously?!?! Not all gun owners follow proper gun safety rules but that doesn't mean that her reason for having a gun to begin with wasn't warranted.

I ask you this hypothitcal: your and a freind are walking down a dark street and three bad guys approach. They attack: (which outcome would you prefer)

a. they knock you both out and you die?
b. Since your not a "gun nut" but luckiluy your buddy is shots ring out and they run off and you live.

Seriously which one of the above referenced optiosn appeals to you cause be damn certain criminals will alway have guns, legal or not!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

originally posted by: deadeyedick

The truth is the bad guys should not have guns.

The bad guys are often hard to spot these days.

Two year olds should not have access to guns either, but recently a littly boy killed his own mother in Wal-Mart because he had easy access to a loaded gun. All he had to do was open a zipper. Too bad that the mother did not have a gun to protect herself against this "bad" little boy that was so hard to spot.

Oh wait, she DID have a gun.... A loaded one. In her purse. While shopping at Wal-Mart. With little kids.

Only in America. Really. The rest of the civilized world is watching the US gun nuts in horror and disbelief.

Seriously?!?! Not all gun owners follow proper gun safety rules but that doesn't mean that her reason for having a gun to begin with wasn't warranted.

I ask you this hypothitcal: your and a freind are walking down a dark street and three bad guys approach. They attack: (which outcome would you prefer)

a. they knock you both out and you die?

b. Since your not a "gun nut" but luckiluy your buddy is shots ring out and they run off and you live.

Seriously which one of the above referenced optiosn appeals to you cause be damn certain criminals will alway have guns, legal or not!

Keep in mind you have your weapons for self defence not a revolt.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

So here we have some gun comedy, funny or not its all about guns. . .

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Article II
A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Notice the two introductory dependent clauses at the beginning of this sentence("A well-regulated militia" and "being necessary to the security of a free state") that describe the subject of the sentence (the right of the people to keep and bear arms). So this statement defines the peoples right, saying that they are a well-regulated militia and that they are necessary to the security of a free state, and that therefore this right of the people to keep and bear weapons(armaments in general, not merely firearms) is prohibited from being curtailed.

We are very "well-regulated" as a nation(a bit too well-regulated these days, in my opinion), and this right is an essential part of helping to insure the proper maintenance of liberty. As to national defense, I believe it was one of the Japanese Generals of WWII advising against the invasion of the US mainland , cautioning that "There will be a rifle behind every blade of grass!" As to oppressive governments, other nations that did not have an armed populace did not fare so well when faced with tyrants...

Ask the thousand yard club whether they think their guns matter or not. They can hit a small target from more than half a mile away. That is a fact that anyone who thinks guns are about obsolete on the battlefield should consider.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Aw c'mon NavyDoc he'd never want to be like us heathens. Don't you know they just beat each other to death like civilised people over there? Its so much more personal that way...

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
As the topic of revolt has been broached in this thread I think it is important to advise you all to "Beware the revolution that does not bear the Constitution". If there IS widespread revolt in this country, there will undoubtably be forces waiting in the wings to further advance the totalitarian regime we see destroying our way of life today. Be aware of this likelihood should worse come to worst, lest we find ourselves in a worse predicament than when we began.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Okay, now that I've tried to throw up some clarifications and rebuttals, let me "take another shot" at answering your OP.
Question 1: Yes, in part. See earlier post.
Question 2: No. We may see revolt one day, but not "because of the second amendment".
Question 3: No! Never! The result will inevitably be more tyranny than we already have. Faced with that personal truth, I would not, and you should not either. Those guns keep us free, whether you realize it or not. Whether I can convince you of it or not, those guns still help keep us free. Part of the reason that we are still technically a free people(for at least ten more minutes, hehe) is the fact that we are a free armed people. Any leader thinking about rounding us up like the Armenians, the Jews, the Russian people, the Chinese people, or the Native Americans for that matter will have the fact that we are mostly armed to consider. Look into history at governments that have conducted genocide on their own populations. The people of those nations had no small arms to protect themselves from that unrestrained force. "Death By Government", a book by R.J. Rummell, does a good job of pointing out that government sponsored genocide killed many times more people in the twentieth century than all the wars combined(more than a hundred million by the most conservative estimates, by the way). Nobody wants a bloody revolution (the French seemed to have a pretty rough time of it), but I'd take that over the alternative(God Forbid), because the alternative is even worse.

edit on 17-1-2015 by engineercutout because: to add a space

edit on 17-1-2015 by engineercutout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: engineercutout

I am going to flesh out a bit more your post previous to this one and also the question of the OP.

THe nature of power is the first one needing fleshing out.

The nature of power and in particular among fallen men is that it can become a drug. Some will state clearly that power is the Ultimate Aphrodisiac.

Now...by power I mean the ability to control events and extract more from people than was extracted before. If by law or by brute force..it is still power. The ability to extract from others and to control events...for more extraction.

In order to extract more and more power over people and nations..methods have been devised to keep people ignorant of the nature of this power and the ability to extract more from people

The goal here historically is a thing or destination called "Absolute Power." Or put another way..."Divine Right of Kings"

Absolute feudal power over people and nations.

The nature of revolution with or without guns...is that whenever a people have determined for themselves that a government can extract no more from them....it becomes cheaper to revolt than it is to cede more to them.

In otherwords it become more expensive to give in to government and cheaper to revolt.

Then you will have a revolt..guns or not.

This is the dirty little secret that people like the great El Rushbo and others do not want you to know. The so called conservatives and Republicans...all phonies. You know the left will never allow this to be taught to people but what disturbs me is that the so called Right will not teach it as well. I have deduced by this absence that the Republicans are nothing but Democrat Lite..including the great El Rushbo.

Nonetheless...when a people have determined for themselves that it is cheaper to revolt than it is to give in ..you will have a revolution.

The goal of government is to convince the people that it is cheaper to give in to government and more expensive to revolt.

And all kinds of means have been devised to deceive people as to how it is being done.

DAncinig with the Stars...

The gods of Sports..

American Idol...

The news media to reinforce all these distractions..

Hollywood...

Racism...sexism....sex, sex , sex sex ..and more and more sex....ad infinitum.

Also fear techniques...like the next enemy to be created, fostered, and managed by government...to keep you afraid.
You must always have an enemy and be afraid at some level. This goes back to the Romans and before.

Anything to keep the people from thinking for themselves about the true nature of what is going on out here.

All distractions to keep people occupied and never thinking about the real nature of revolution and how government keeps raising the cost to the people.

What you realize after watching this type of circus for enough years..is that as a so called citizen...what you really are to government is a " Competitor" who must needs be controlled, managed, and monitored in every facet of your life and without you being aware of most of this going on around you.

Government is putting in place the apparatus to monitor you as a competitor..to know everything about you and your family...continually....to keep you from revolting or knowing the nature of revolution.

Orangetom

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
my apologies ..double post.
edit on 17-1-2015 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
If you count "millions of nuts with guns shooting millions of other nuts with guns as everyone has their own idea of who the 'enemy' is" a revolt against anything - sure.

Much too fragmented for anything positive IMO.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
ARe any of you thinking ???

A government which will not trust you with a gun.....will said government trust you with a vote??? Or will they find way to rig the vote??

Will such a government trust you with your own money..often earned at great risk???

Will such a government trust you with your education..or with teaching or being taught outside the regulated controlled education system???

Will such a government trust you with your own business ..or drown you in paperwork to keep and monitor/regulate your business..until you are drowning in taking care of someone elses business who is riding on your back for free???

All this while getting you to think you are free..and sending off our finest blood to fight the next war for them.

Come on people...think...

Think outside the authorized narrow blocks of what passes for thinking today.

Nothing wrong with being patriotic..but don't be ignorant about it.

Orangetom

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
To be honest I think the country may indeed be destined for a revolt. . . . .

It will be a time of great change in my opinion.

Without guns there wont be any revolt in my opinion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join