It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Now! Riot Police Lining Up in Moscow: Protests Over the Jailing of Dissident Oleg Navalny.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Yeah, anti-state • anti-war • pro-market and the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity are scary words.

What did you think they would put on their website? Pro-Lies * Pro-Money * War * Death

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I've been noticing a trend. Anything that's anti-Putin always seems to be Nazi related.

I took you some time, but you have spotted the pattern finally.

Next up will be realizing it`s not just propaganda but actual facts.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The trials and tribulations of Alexei Navalny

The Russian government is determined to maintain the legal pressure on Alexei Navalny, a trained lawyer and leading opposition activist. But what is the Kremlin afraid of?

An excellent primer on Navalny's long running fight against Russian corruption.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I really think some people’s worldview is so anti-America they seem unable to understand that many people in other countries risk their lives, of their own volition, to fight corruption and oppression. Russia is a corrupt society and under Putin is becoming increasingly autocratic and oppressive.

Being an activist in Russia is a precarious and dangerous occupation. Not only have journalists been murdered and brutalised when revealing corruption, but any type of activism, environmental or political criticism that puts pressure on the autocrats and kleptomaniacs in charge of Russia runs all sorts of risks. This story is just another one to add to the sad list.

People who blame the US for the behaviour of the tainted Russian judiciary and the corrupt officials and police are living in dream land, as are those people who thinks anyone who fights for their rights in Russia as a CIA plant.

Regards

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Navalny and Ofitserov were accused of misappropriation of state funds and embezzlement under Article 160 of the Russian Federation Criminal Code.

lol.

Navalny and his brother Oleg, who used to work for the Russian Post Office, are accused of fraud in connection with freight transport agreements for Yves Rocher Vostok and the company MPK in 2008-2011

Sounds like a stand up guy.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I've been noticing a trend. Anything that's anti-Putin always seems to be Nazi related.

I took you some time, but you have spotted the pattern finally.

Next up will be realizing it`s not just propaganda but actual facts.
So by that logic, 90% of the UN and NATO are Nazis, the U.S. is run by Nazis, Everyone except Russia and her allies are all vicious, horrible, monstrous Nazis!

And you actually believe that.

Neat.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

An excellent primer on Navalny's long running fight against Russian corruption.

Like Soros supports corruption fighting.

openDemocracy

George Soros is a businessman and philanthropist, who has dedicated himself to the promotion of an open and flourishing civil society. George Soros is chairman and founder of Soros Fund Management and of the Open Society Institute and Soros foundations network, whose philanthropic organisations are active in more than 50 countries, building and supporting institutions for an open society. George Soros is also a former member of the Board of Directors of the Council on Foreign Relations and a founding member of The Phoenix Group, an organisation which supports the creation of left-leaning think tanks.

Source

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

So by that logic, 90% of the UN and NATO are Nazis, the U.S. is run by Nazis, Everyone except Russia and her allies are all vicious, horrible, monstrous Nazis!

It was your own logic.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Good post.

Too many put Russia up on a pedestal because they stand against the U.S. government, so by proxy they're some sort of beacon of righteousness, when the reality is almost completely the opposite.

America is flawed for sure, but they don't lock up people who criticise and oppose the government, if they did the other ATS idol, Ron Paul would have been locked up a long time ago.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

It was your own logic.
Oh I know, I'm just shocked that this is what you actually believe. Now I understand you so much better.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: paraphi

Good post.

Too many put Russia up on a pedestal because they stand against the U.S. government, so by proxy they're some sort of beacon of righteousness, when the reality is almost completely the opposite.

America is flawed for sure, but they don't lock up people who criticise and oppose the government, if they did the other ATS idol, Ron Paul would have been locked up a long time ago.
To be fair, they DID lock up Bradley Manning, and they TRIED to lock up Edward Snowden.

They may have broken laws by doing what they did, but the United States is not entirely blameless when it comes to silencing dissent.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I must have dreamed this

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Oh I know, I'm just shocked that this is what you actually believe. Now I understand you so much better.

No you don`t, you only think you do.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

Navalny and Ofitserov were accused of misappropriation of state funds and embezzlement under Article 160 of the Russian Federation Criminal Code.

lol.

Navalny and his brother Oleg, who used to work for the Russian Post Office, are accused of fraud in connection with freight transport agreements for Yves Rocher Vostok and the company MPK in 2008-2011

One million internets says that if this guy was American, standing against the US government, those accusations would suddenly become cointelpro, and he was set up.

You know I'm right..

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I must have dreamed this

Do you remember the part in the dream where known terrorist are locked up there or did you block that out?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

but they don't lock up people who criticise and oppose the government

lol.

One million internets says that if this guy was American, standing against the US government, those accusations would suddenly become cointelpro, and he was set up. You know I'm right..

Umm not really, do a bit of reading on the guy he just seems like a sleazy corrupt businessman who failed at life and has now taking to venting against the state. The fact its being used by western media to such an extent should send alarm bells ringing.
edit on 30-12-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

lol.

One million internets says that if this guy was American, standing against the US government, those accusations would suddenly become cointelpro, and he was set up.

You know I'm right..

But of course. If he was an American dissenting against Obama and saying the U.S. should be more like Russia, he'd be hailed as an unsung hero held down and unfairly persecuted by the evil U.S. complex.

But since he's a dissident of Russia, he's a vile Nazi, and felonious vagabond, a CIA plant, and everything in between.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
i wonder how much of this is just the west blowing it out of proportion? if this happened in another country, would it be all over the news?

i'm no fan of Putin but this is making him look like he has lost control and is removing opposition or people that stand against him,

is this the beginning of the end, or just the next chapter?

edit on 30/12/14 by Phatdamage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ancient Champion

Do you remember the part in the dream where known terrorist are locked up there or did you block that out?

Shouldn`t someone be actual convicted to be detained ?

Uhm ?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Wake up eh.

Spying on First Amendment Activity - State-by-State

Ideological Exclusion

Under the Bush administration, the United States government routinely denied visas to foreign nationals whose political views it government disfavored. Once used to bar suspected Communists from entering the country, the practice of "ideological exclusion" was resurrected by the USA Patriot Act. Ideological exclusion violates Americans' First Amendment right to hear constitutionally protected speech by denying foreign scholars, artists, politicians and others entry to the U.S.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join