It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Now! Riot Police Lining Up in Moscow: Protests Over the Jailing of Dissident Oleg Navalny.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

To be balanced, the Soviets/Russians supported Saddam right up to the hilt. It is no coincidence that Iraq’s military was almost all Soviet stock. When mad Saddam invaded Kuwait there were upwards of 4,000 Russian military advisors in Iraq, demonstrating how close Russia was to the evil little man.

For every US approach to some unsavoury regime, there was a Soviet approach too. That was the nature of the Cold War. Luckily the number of nasty autocracies and dictatorships has long been declining.

Regards

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Riot police waited half an hour and as a broom passed this human trash about 1,000 people from the area with regard to aleksey analnyi him first offense probation more 2 will protest in the prison near the toilet

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
.. and so begins the passing of Putin.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

I find it unlikely that Putin will be so easily removed from his office. He seems like the kind of man who would rather watch the world burn than spend a single day not in the top spot.

And that is what is truly terrifying about all of this.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

I find it unlikely that Putin will be so easily removed from his office. He seems like the kind of man who would rather watch the world burn than spend a single day not in the top spot.

And that is what is truly terrifying about all of this.

You may be right.. but i very much doubt that his colleagues and oligarchs want to burn with him

I think his days are numbered!

This is not the Soviet Union of the 50's .. only a brief interlude .. normality
will resume soon.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ancient Champion Who it Ron Paul ? it is not dangerous do not worry about it, worry about Charlie Sheen and Mel Gibson to them why forgot about 9 out of the Kennedy family, Lindberg, Long, McFadden, MacArthur, he saved the United States from the revolution June 1, 1932, McCarthy, Luther, Judge Mahoney, Senator Shi, Larry McDonald, George Collins, Gail Boggs, leaders occupiers of Wall Street and many many more
edit on 30/12/14 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

They demand cheaper vodka.

I DEMAND CHEAPER VODKA!!! IN THE US. AND NOT SH!7 FROM N.J. LIKE DUBRA!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mangust69
a reply to: Ancient Champion Who it Ron Paul ? it is not dangerous do not worry about it, worry about Charlie Sheen and Mel Gibson to them why forgot about 9 out of the Kennedy family, Lindberg, Long, McFadden, MacArthur, he saved the United States from the revolution June 1, 1932, McCarthy, Luther, Judge Mahoney, Senator Shi, Larry McDonald, George Collins, Gail Boggs, leaders occupiers of Wall Street and many many more

Could you please elaborate because I'm not entirely understanding the point you're making.... Maybe its crash I'm experiencing from the 9 or so cups of coffee today...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

It's winter now but Russian Spring is right around the corner
the housecleaning that should have happened with the Berlin Wall coming down never occurred, Putin's miserable yet nostalgic attempt (Crimean Snatch and Grab operation) to start rebuilding the former Soviet Union has hit a snag, the people don't want to reminisce on the past as bad he and the stealthy hardliners want to, it's possibly time for change !
edit on 30-12-2014 by phinubian because: adding info

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mangust69

What??

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

To be also balanced, when you see a child molester, are you going to defend what he has done by pointing out that there are others who also have done the same?

I don`t think so, so what`s up with defending a government which destroys whole countries...?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

To be also balanced, when you see a child molester, are you going to defend what he has done by pointing out that there are others who also have done the same?

That's exactly the type of logic many Russian/Putin supporters used to justify Russia taking the Crimea from Ukraine.

"But But But... The US.... Iraq..... Afghanistan etc etc etc...Russia, just like the US is simply looking out for it's interests"

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

That is a silly analogy.

My point, (that you obviously failed to grasp), was that that the Russians meddle in other countries affairs. Just look at Ukraine and Georgia as examples. However, if you roll out the "US does this, and that", then you need to bear in mind that Russia does it too. Only, they are not very successful at the moment as most nations are turning away from autocracy of their own volition. That is, by themselves and without the CIA, as well you know.

Anyway, the anti-US crowd's knee jerk reaction to everything is to blame the US. "It's raining today", so let's blame America! It's so blatant, predictable and blinkered. I'm not even American.

Regards

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Very unlikely. Nothing like some cold war wanna be in here as i have seen in my threads claiming this would the downfall of Putin, lol sure just how the downfall of Assad never happened?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I just dont understand why some in this thread either support Oleg Navalny and the Pussy Riot Gang. The Pussy Riot haven't done anything for the Russians nor the people living in Moscow.

Unless you suggest that putting cockroachs all over your body is a form of some sort of activism then i would disagree with you on that.

Pussy Riot connections to Soros

Some info.

The mentally deranged members of "Voina" specialize in staging shocking acts of public indecency. In a grocery store aisle, "Voina" films one of its members as she shoves a whole chicken carcass up her vagina, then walks out without paying as only the chicken's head dangles from her vagina!

"Voina" member (and future leader of "Pussy Riot") Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, covers her naked body in large cockroaches. In another action, this same stunt was done in front of a pre-school.

I dont even bother posting those pictures here. You can search them up some articles are in Russian where you can find the pictures of them as they were written by Russian blogger.

As for this guy.

Navalny was a World Fellow at Yale University's World Fellows Program, aimed at "creating a global network of emerging leaders and to broaden international understanding" in 2010.[98]

Always question dont be quick to support.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

How did Libya turned out again? the fact how some in here are quick on supporting from the three pussy riots and this guy and even NATO sometimes makes my hair stand in laughter.
edit on 30-12-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
en
Unprecedted protests in the heart of Moscow. Lots of riot police lining up.

I am quite sure there are Unprecedted protests in the heart of Moscow. Just like they were the last time?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

That's exactly the type of logic many Russian/Putin supporters used to justify Russia taking the Crimea from Ukraine.

"But But But... The US.... Iraq..... Afghanistan etc etc etc...Russia, just like the US is simply looking out for it's interests"

Eh Russia has much more of a historical territorial interest in Crimea... Not to mention it houses their only(I think) warm water port on that side of the world. I'm not saying I support Putin because I don't but I can most certainly understand his and Russia's actions in light of rapid NATO expansion and encirclement post cold war. Ya know NATO doing all those that were promised not to happen is Russia let Germany reunite and let its satellites go. I believe the quote was outside of a united Germany NATO wouldn't move "one inch closer" to Russia. The US isn't the only country with geopolitical interests and a desire for regional hegemony.

Personally I hate them all as to me this is one big chess game with only one loser, us the regular people of the world. As another side note I remember when everyone was criticizing Obama's FP towards Russia saying it wouldn't amount to anything.... Looks like Russia's economy is getting squeazed with worst yet to come. For the record I don't like obama and think he just follows orders like most presidents from Truman on or at least JFK forward. The above FP comment is just another good example as to how some people are so blinded by partisan hatred as to not realize that Obama was only ONE OF THE TWO THAT WE WERE ALLOWED TO VOTE FOR. In the big picture they're all carying out the same agenda with the only difference being the partisan flavor attached at the particular moment. But I digress...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Saw the video www.youtube.com... and half the "Journalist" is saying is misinformation. He says that they are brutally "kidnapping" the civilians, which is not true, they are arresting the teenagers taking part in the illegal protest. The OMON soldier on the speaker is pretty much saying "Your money is not needed here, something something something, your teenagers are taking part in the protest illegally, we ask you to please disperse ". I have not seen Russian OMON task forces using guns or peppery spray or have the national guard walking around shooting people. I have seen many other videos and news articles and it clearly show them merely pushing the protesters back, and not beating them. You can find much more videos online where it shows them pushing the protesters back. Most likely this media source is, well how do i say it.... pro-Alexei Navalny? They always talk about the bad things and disinform the public. I rarely heard them say that they are PUSHING THEM BACK WITHOUT WEAPONS! They are also backing up an illegal protest. HE WAS in fact guilty of fraud!
The elites are probably going to use this to an advantage and try to start another Maidan, just in the heart of Russia.?

source: know Russian

Edit: watched more of the video. the protesters are saying "Russia without Putin", ya-ta-ya-ta-ya-ta, and the protest has turned more from a: just Navalny thing, and more of a anti-russian government campaign. BTW, the pushing starts at 2:14:00 in the video link.

edit on 30-12-2014 by McAppleCrisp because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2014 by McAppleCrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
People are commenting that this is Americas fault ect., but this specific case has nothing to do with geo-politics & is about Putins grip on the countries media.
askyvesrocher.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join