It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Is On The Verge Of 2 Trade Deals That Could Transform The US Economy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

As such, it is estimated that TTIP will boost U.S. household incomes by $865 annually and create 750,000 new U.S. jobs, while TPP would generate about $1,230 per household by 2025–a great boost without a dime of deficit spending, and a strong bonus on top of the $10,000 annual income gains American households have already scored due to post-war trade opening.

Is the thread some kind of GD joke ?

Guess they forgot to deduct their healthcare premiums from that 'gain'.

Between that, and TAXES.

There would be a net gain of ZERO.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

It seems that ATS thinks that this is a bad deal........

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

As such, it is estimated that TTIP will boost U.S. household incomes by $865 annually and create 750,000 new U.S. jobs, while TPP would generate about $1,230 per household by 2025–a great boost without a dime of deficit spending, and a strong bonus on top of the $10,000 annual income gains American households have already scored due to post-war trade opening.

Is the thread some kind of GD joke ?
Guess they forgot to deduct their healthcare premiums from that 'gain'.
Between that, and TAXES.
There would be a net gain of ZERO.

From the article....not my words.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
" Obama Is On The Verge Of 2 Trade Deals That Could Transform The US Economy "

Well they need to spread out the bailouts to more governments for the next depression they are setting up.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Anybody detect a NWO consolidation effort taking place from both sides of the "iron curtain".....?
This is nothing to do with Obama personally ,He just works for Goldman Sachs and the rest of the Bankers........

Man, you got that square on right. The numbers are probably bogus as all crap. There's a very good reason the UK has only partially adopted the so-called European Union BS. The Global Marxists are determined to render the US to second world status. And the US has never come out ahead in these global trade agreements. Worse, global trade agreements have openned the US to global crime and corruption. But the cabal of Elitists in the US don't care a rip about what happens to average US worker or "citizen" whatever that means anymore. C'est un crock de merde!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

The Obama haters will be along soon to tell you that this means sod all, & the estimates will be questioned ferociously.

Personally, this is just as big as Russia's deals with China & India.

Right...only the Obama haters will oppose this. And of course those would be the knuckle dragging white, right wing neanderthal nationalists in the US. And of course they oppose this only because Obama is black. What mindless, knee jerk arrogance!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

No us 'right wing neanderthal nationalists' oppose Obama because he doesn't know jack snip about business, nor his party.

But hey way to call us 'racists', and I am still waiting for the day the LEFT proves their so called 'intellectual superiority'.

Today is not that day.

Tomorrow isn't looking so good either.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

No us 'right wing neanderthal nationalists' oppose Obama because he doesn't know jack snip about business, nor his party.

But hey way to call us 'racists', and I am still waiting for the day the LEFT proves their so called 'intellectual superiority'.

Today is not that day.

Tomorrow isn't looking so good either.

Good retort! Although I fear I didn't make my sarcasm sufficiently plain. So, you've made my point better than I have. And my reply was designed to signal my disgust with the lop eared gag me's that immediately assume anyone who opposes an Obama initiative is automatically an "Obama hater".

The irony in all of this, of course is that these agreements were not Obama's; they've probably been in the works since the 1990's.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The irony in all of this, of course is that these agreements were not Obama's; they've probably been in the works since the 1990's.

I thought the irony was those solar panels, and iphones made in China will get shipped here 'better'.

Since we hardly make anything anymore.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Voted against it.
stop-ttip.org...

It's kinda like obamacare I guess, a big book with rules and whatever which nobody reads basically and in the end it only will cost you more money and basic rights and god knows what (since nobody even understand what it means) even policy makers in Europe seem pretty clueless.

Anyhow on that link I posted:

The rule of law is undermined by the introduction of a parallel justice system. Canadian and US companies receive the right to sue for damages if they believe that they have suffered losses because of laws or measures of the EU or of individual EU member states. This can also affect laws which were enacted in the interest of the common good, such as environmental and consumer protection. Instead of public courts, private arbitration tribunals meeting in secret make the decision about compensation payments for damages. Payment is made from the public budget, i.e. using taxpayers’ money. By means of similar clauses in other agreements, companies have already fought a number of times for damages of millions, sometimes billions, of euro. [Thus, for example, the energy company Vattenfall sued the Federal Republic of Germany for damages of 3.7 billion euro because two sickly nuclear reactors were switched off as part of Germany’s withdrawal from nuclear power generation.] Such actions would multiply as a result of CETA and TTIP. Only foreign companies (“investors”) are intended to benefit from the special rights to sue. This legal instrument is not available to domestic companies. The arbitration boards decide definitively; an appeal is not possible – that too contradicts the principles of the rule of law.
Groups of companies are intended to be included even during the elaboration of new regulations and laws, provided that their trade interests could be affected. The name for this is: “regulatory cooperation”. It means that representatives of big business are invited by governments to participate in expert groups to influence new draft laws, even before these are discussed in the elected parliaments. This undermines democracy. The political intent must originate from the people, not from representatives of big business!
Big business had, and still has, excessive influence on the secret negotiations relating to CETA and TTIP. Alone in the preparatory phase for TTIP, 590 meetings took place between the EU Commission and lobby representatives, according to official statements. 92% of these meetings were with representatives of companies, while only in a few cases there were discussions with consumer and trade union representatives. And also during the negotiations, representatives of industry are exercising influence. Some formulations in draft texts which have filtered through to the public originate directly from the pens of company lobbyists.
The negotiations are conducted in secret. Even our public representatives know little if anything about their progress. They receive the results in the form of long agreements (the CETA agreement, for example, has about 1,500 pages) only after conclusion of the negotiations, and are therefore able only to either accept or reject the whole agreement. The pressure to accept it is high. The EU Commission claims that rejection would be at the expense of economic growth and jobs, would make five years of negotiations irrelevant, and would annoy the trading partners. We want to prevent TTIP and CETA from simply being rubber-stamped by parliaments. For this, we must build up huge public pressure. We have to demonstrate how many people in the EU reject the agreements.
Employee rights are coming under pressure, and jobs in numerous industries are endangered. In the USA, only a few basic rights for employees are recognised (only two out of the eight ILO core labour standards). Above all in agriculture and in the electrical industry, massive job losses are threatened because of the tougher competition from abroad.
Liberalisation and privatisation are intended to become one-way streets. The return of public utilities, hospitals, or waste collection to the public sector once they have have been privatised would be made more difficult or even impossible through CETA and TTIP.
The EU and its member states are falling under pressure to allow risky technologies such as fracking or GM technology. [Example – fracking: In this process, large amounts of a mixture of water, sand, and chemicals are pumped into shale. This creates fissures in the rock through which the natural gas can escape and be collected. This is highly questionable for the environment and climate! Because it has already carried out test drillings in Poland, the US company Chevron may already have created the basis for an “investment”. Currently, the Polish government is preparing a decree which defines specific environmental requirements for fracking. This would of course seriously affect the profit expectations of Chevron. No wonder then that Chevron has campaigned massively for the incorporation of Investor-State Disputes into TTIP. Alone the threat of an Investor-State Dispute could be an effective means of applying pressure on the Polish law makers, and could prevent the imposition of strict requirements. Other EU states too could be subject to legal action. In Germany there is a de facto moratorium on fracking at the moment. Because of such a moratorium, the Canadian province of Quebec was sued for 250 million US dollars compensation for damages in an investor action. (More on the subject of fracking & CETA: corporateeurope.org...)].
Foodstuff standards and consumer protection for cosmetics and medical products threaten to be set at the same levels as US standards. However, we need higher rather than lower standards of protection, whether they apply to the use of pesticides, factory farming, or clean sources of energy. Regulatory cooperation would make this more difficult or impossible.

edit on 30-12-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Right...only the Obama haters will oppose this. And of course those would be the knuckle dragging white, right wing neanderthal nationalists in the US. And of course they oppose this only because Obama is black. What mindless, knee jerk arrogance!

I never said anything like that...

So I don't know what the hell you're talking about to be perfectly honest.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: infolurker

Yeah I agree, my point was merely that it is gonna be good for the economy itself...

You're correct that it doesn't always work out for the little man.

Probably only initially, like NAFTA. These massive trade deals are only ever good for the people already obscenely weal

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

The ability to sue governments applies to all corporations of all participating nations against all participating nations including the US.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Here is a short video, but again, how do we know what is truth, when there is so much secrecy behind this?

I viewed the video...

the whole set up sounds like the false, deceitful lies, that helped get obamacare get swindled thru congress

a chain is only as strong as its weakest link...
the TPP is only a good for the cabal of elites that will administer that treaty over our own Rule-of-Law system...

(we give up our Sovereignty to be ruled by the rules of TPP and their Board-of-Directors)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Since Both Japan and the EU are getting a better payout than America (great way to start a "partnership"), I truly wonder how Americans are supposed to profit from these trade agreements...TPP gives USA $27 million less than Japan, and the TTIP gives us $32 million less than the EU. Somehow this creates 'Merican jobs?

The point was brought up that we hardly make anything in the States anymore---totally true. How are unbalanced trade agreements, with countries that already produce our goods, going to increase individual household incomes? Are we going to see this extra money on our tax returns? I just don't see how this makes sense... I'm not arguing (sometimes text just doesn't convey emotion properly)---my mind is so boggled!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Wow politicians making deals and signing treaties. These people are trustworthy......believed no one ever.

edit on 30-12-2014 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Oh...Look...

Obama's got jobs for all those illegal families he amnestied...

Bless his heart.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

You spoke with a tone of approval in your original post---I'm not trying to be facetious, but I am very curious about how one could view the TPP and TTIP as advantageous? Could you explain what you read or saw that has convinced you of the benefits of these trade deals?

You also pointed out: "I take note that some if not all of the BRICS are involved in this deal. This is a very positive sign."

Can you explain why BRICS nations' involvement is a positive sign? A sign of what; cooperation, or otherwise?

The ATS outcry was so definitely negative, now I am a little curious about how/why one might view these deals as advantageous for anyone (American or otherwise)?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
Oh...Look...

Obama's got jobs for all those illegal families he amnestied...

Bless his heart.

Yep, picking fruit and vegetables and landscaping for all the new government offices and jobs created and payed for by taxpayers that will be needed for "regulation" and other garbage. A new Department of Trans-Baloney Trade or some such nonsense.

Move Govt workers on the taxpayer dole and those who pick up the garbage and maintain the lawns for minimum wage or less.

Monsanto will be hiring more attorneys to sue anyone not using their seeds.... guess some of those may pay well

edit on 30-12-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Another of many future disasters brought to you by the Obama Administration. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join