It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Is On The Verge Of 2 Trade Deals That Could Transform The US Economy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Trade agreements have done nothing but hurt America. I feel trade agreements do nothing but give corporations the ammunition to go Offshore and still recieve all the benefits as an American Company. Getting Tax breaks, and Goverment funding, etc.. This will not be good for America. Im not saying any of this as an Obama basher, it goes far beyond just one person

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
From emails I have been receiving, the TTIP means that American conglomerates can sue, through that countries courts, any government it feels is impinging on its (american) profits, so if some country passes a law that interferes with the generation of profits, that government will get sued by said firm through that governments law courts., Yes, good for America, not so good for stupid Europe! ( I wonder if that means said firm can refuse to pay tax?)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Investor-state dispute settlement

Who Does David Cameron Really Work For? Russell Brand The Trews

I'm joined by writer and activist George Monbiot as we discuss the TTIP - a treaty backed by David Cameron that would let rapacious companies subvert our laws, rights and national sovereignty.

They are selling us out, plain and simple.
edit on 30-12-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It sounds like two even bigger versions of NAFTA, which only led to huge outsourcing of american jobs and the decline of our middle class. I have no faith that this will lead to anything good for us. NAFTA was a rich get richer, poor get poorer scheme, and I expect that this is just a whole lot more of that.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: jude11

I'll say this.

He wasn't as bad as Bush.

Bush was an idiot.

Obama isn't.

Who is worse? Neither.

Stupidity is just as dangerous in a position of power as is intelligence.

Peace

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

It also destroyed Mexico, something people should really appreciate in understanding why so many Mexicans have to flee that hell hole of a country.

StopTTIP | TTIP | TAFTA | Reporter confronts EU-Commissioner with their own ordered study

Karel De Gucht (European Commissioner for Trade) has to answer a lot of hard questions about the trade agreement. He is responsible for TTIP, the trade agreement between USA and the European Union (EU). From 30.01.2014, long version. Please Share! #StopTTIP #TTIP #TAFTA

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
a reply to: stosh64

TTIP - How We're Lied To About Food: Russell Brand The Trews

I speak to Helena Norberg-Hodge, an analyst of the impact of the global economy on cultures and agriculture & a pioneer of the localisation movement.

Worth a watch.

Excellent video, I couldn't agree more! Thank you for posting it. I wish people would WAKE UP. Everyone should get educated about all this, and by educated I do not mean by corporate western education.

From the moment we are born we are indoctrinated into THEIR system. From television to the corporate controlled education system. We are like cattle to them, being raised to increase THEIR profit.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

STAR
I've been watching the canal situation too---makes me nervous how chopped-up and isolated Central and South America could or will become, and how little America has had with any of the decision making. Us poor folk up North will pretty much be stuck here (not to mention the recent increase in the cost of giving up your citizenship).

Honestly I had been worrying about the human factor and hadn't considered the points you made about shipping and the economic games China and Russia are playing.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I'll say this.

He is the SAME AS BUSH.....WAKE UP

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Obama Care took $1,500 out of my families wallet. I now buy my prescription from Canada which I now have to pay out of pocket for. I can get the drugs for 30% of what Targets and Walgreen's charges in USA. Just imagine, this took away our money and funneled the American jobs to Canada.

NAFTA took away jobs from America and we had to pay out for the welfare heavily during the recession because Mexico and China had the jobs Americans should be doing. What we need is a real business person who loves American people to be president. An engineer with a masters in business and law. I am so tired of being the people that work so hard to float all these welfare, food stamp, Obama care, Obama cell phones, free braces, free lunches, medi care programs. These people need jobs and to contribute effort back to our country. Even people who work really hard still can not afford real vacations. Not if you expect to put junior in college and pay your bills.

I think this is more BS that will hurt the middle class.
edit on 30-12-2014 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I found this:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The TPP is just another effort for TPTB to consolidate power and gain more control - and Just like with Obamacare - nationalized healthcare - (which was advertised and promoted as being "affordable" and better) - the TPP will more than likely hurt the common man and just help these greedy bureaucrats line their pockets even more
a reply to: lostbook

This is scary stuff
- TPP has sketched me out ever since I heard about it

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The TPP will screw the American economy over just like NAFTA did. The main reason why they are keeping this secret is because like in the video Seeker posted showed the American people would rise up against it and stop it like we did when we protested against the war with Syria. I am just against this as I was NAFTA when I first heard about it. Like Jesse Ventura said in an interview once the President really isn't in charge of the country corporations and banks are the ones in charge. And it is agreements like the TPP that proves that statement to be true.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
All these 'trade agreements' over the years are brought to us by the same people that implemented the fiat currency system with the Fed. Its all smoke and mirrors to keep the cattle, US, making profits for THEM.
They are in the last stages of milking what little wealth we have left.
It wont end well for the 'cattle'.

Blame Obama, blame bush, it doesn't # matter.

Just enjoy the puppet show.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Its interesting to note, that no matter who is "in charge" be it republican or democrat, the agenda for the global oligarchy moves forward, at everyone's expense except the one percent that rules and owns the planet.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Recipe for Ruin: TTIP the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership

Published on Nov 14, 2013 John Hilary, Executive Director of War on Want, introduces TTIP, the free trade and investment agreement being negotiated between the EU and USA; talk given to Friends of Le Monde Diplomatique at Café Diplo, London, 4 November 2013

People really need to wake up and understand clowns like Obama are NOT the people who dream this # up, its the people they work for. Obama is an illusion, stop buying into the fakery of these "celebrity" politicians.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

I'll say this.

Bush was an idiot.

Obama isn't.

Who is worse? Neither.

Stupidity is just as dangerous in a position of power as is intelligence.

Peace

I can't argue that bush was an idiot, but Obama,,,,,,, yeah he's an idiot.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
No bush looks like a school girl next to Obozo a reply to: grey580

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
The TPP will screw the American economy over just like NAFTA did. The main reason why they are keeping this secret is because like in the video Seeker posted showed the American people would rise up against it and stop it like we did when we protested against the war with Syria. I am just against this as I was NAFTA when I first heard about it. Like Jesse Ventura said in an interview once the President really isn't in charge of the country corporations and banks are the ones in charge. And it is agreements like the TPP that proves that statement to be true.

I like you Buster, even though I don't often agree with you.

I totally agree with you on this.

Skid Mark, another good video, thank you.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Fo realz!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join