It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Is On The Verge Of 2 Trade Deals That Could Transform The US Economy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Panama is in control of the Panama Canal, not the US.

So the fear being proposed is that the new canal will not be neutral and exclude certain countries passage even though that would cause a revenue loss?

edit:

The majority of the Panama traffic is for US ports.
edit on 1/3/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: lostbook

I am not sure where or how your source came up with those figures?

So far the TPP has been highly secret with hardly any info at all about the specifics.

All I have seen is it clamps down on copyright violations and gives more power to corporations. But again, where is the information of this act and if it is so secret, why?

Other than that, IMO, if it was so great, not sure why the secrecy.......

If you can find anything about these actual trade agreements, please feel free to put them up. Otherwise, this article is baseless.

Here is a short video, but again, how do we know what is truth, when there is so much secrecy behind this?

Other than the fact that it will give foreign corporations and governments the power to overturn any decisions made by the government of Australia, to rape our natural places (including National Parks), for their resources. With this deal, they can and will do as the wish with "our", land regardless of any existing protections.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
If the TPP is such a great deal for the average American citizen, why is being held secret from all of us, why is it being fat tasked with our legislators being prevented from seeing it in its entirety, and talking about it with their constituents....I think because it will be one of the final coffins inn our sovereignty as a nation, that's why. We don't need free trade agreements, we need Fair trade agreements. a reply to: lostbook

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
less than a year as the US plunder the Ukraine, I was tormented by the question as there are American housewives have become richer? What about the national debt? you have already distributed to each bit of gold Scythians?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join