It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Is On The Verge Of 2 Trade Deals That Could Transform The US Economy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: jude11

I'll say this.

He wasn't as bad as Bush.

He is worse than bush ever was ..

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Thought this was relevant.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
On face value it seems like a great deal, but the real question is what's hidden.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
My problem with the tpp is as already stated the secrecy. Over 600 corporations had full input and access to the the nerds of this treaty yet a majority of our own congressman canT get full access to it.

I have also heard Obama wants to fast track it through congress which basically means not changes or amendments can be made to it.

Other interesting things are the following:

Job loss in America
Food safety issues
Internet restrictions
Corporations profits trump domestic laws
More expensive medicines

This treaty is more about giving corporations more ability to make profits then for the good of the people.

When you food products come from Vietnam or China with little safety regulations and tpp doesn't allow the U.S. to check the safety of that food, watch out.

Tpp has 29 chapters and only 5 are actually related to trade.

I say if obama gets this through it will be one of a long list of crap he has done to ruin out country.

www.citizen.org...

edit on 30-12-2014 by sirlancelot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: kismetpair927
a reply to: lostbook

You spoke with a tone of approval in your original post---I'm not trying to be facetious, but I am very curious about how one could view the TPP and TTIP as advantageous? Could you explain what you read or saw that has convinced you of the benefits of these trade deals?

You also pointed out: "I take note that some if not all of the BRICS are involved in this deal. This is a very positive sign."

Can you explain why BRICS nations' involvement is a positive sign? A sign of what; cooperation, or otherwise?

The ATS outcry was so definitely negative, now I am a little curious about how/why one might view these deals as advantageous for anyone (American or otherwise)?

This might be a desperation move to save the Dollar but I did see the situation as a positive, initially. Deals like this are a part of the reason the Western economy stays strong. With our massive debt of 17trillion, we should've been bankrupted a long time ago. Yes, we'll be screwed by the banks but that will happen with or without this deal anyway. This is better than financially falling behind. With the Nicargua canal being built, something has to be done or else be left in the dust.

However, ATS is wiser than I am and I'll concede my point(s) of any positive thoughts for this thread.
edit on 30-12-2014 by lostbook because: Word add

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Capitalism baby!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Capitalism baby!

No...New World Order baby...

Did everyone forget ATS threads on "The Obama Deception" by Alex Jones almost three years ago?
Of course, he is doing secret trade deals!!!!!!!!!!
It's his job!!!!!

And Deny Ignorance is your motto?????

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

I'm more worried about the current world order... the one which is determined to hand the entire world over to corporations... you know, Capitalism?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Granite

I'm more worried about the current world order... the one which is determined to hand the entire world over to corporations... you know, Capitalism?

You mean Crony Capitalism don't you?

You know, the corporations that have bought and paid for every politician, Democrat/Republican that we find ourselves fighting amongst each other on which one is the lesser evil?

FFS, those who worship at the alter of politics are much worse than those who worship at the alter of a God that may or may not exist........

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm from NZ and I hope the TPP fails, it's going to allow corporations to sue our country because we try to protect our environment. At least that's what I have heard, because it's all rumors when it's secret.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

No, I mean Capitalism... how was Capitalism ever safe from favoritism?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

You give politicians WAY too much leeway to violate those whom they represent!

If it isn't Capitalism that paves the corrupts bank accounts what will it be next?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

How do I give any politicians any leeway?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

you know i love ya like a sister Kali but, what form IS safe from favoritism? you gotta better one that isnt? The world would love it
edit on 12/30/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Capitalism baby!

Actually my friend, it's not capitalism, it's International capitalism that is the cancer to the United States of America, and many other Nations. ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I think a worker owned economy would come much closer

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

So again I have to ask... when was Capitalism not international?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

How do I give any politicians any leeway?

Kali? I know you and I have had our words and differences, but how can any of us give a politician leeway?

It isn't just the Republicans fault we are where we are at and it isn't the Democrats fault we are where we are at as a country! It is the fault of those of us who have supported the corrupt political environment that rules over us!

You don't have any idea the thoughts that goes thru my mind when I see Hillary/Jeb 2016!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

That isn't what I asked you. I asked how I am giving any politicians leeway? What have I said that comes off as going easy on politicians?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Will Globalization be Obama's greatest foreign policy legacy? With 2 deals that are close to fruition it seems that may be the case. The deals ib question are the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal involving a dozen countries from Asia and the Americas, and the Trans-Atlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) between the United States and the European Union.

The two trans-oceanic pacts that would link us to Asia and Europe, though, would resurrect the momentum for a more comprehensive global agreement. They would also deliver considerable economic benefits. The Trans-Pacific deal (TPP) will boost U.S. annual gains by $77 billion, and Japan’s by $104 billion. The TTIP deal, by integrating markets in the U.S. and the EU, would generate $130 billion annually in economic gains for the United States, and $162 billion for Europe.

As such, it is estimated that TTIP will boost U.S. household incomes by $865 annually and create 750,000 new U.S. jobs, while TPP would generate about $1,230 per household by 2025–a great boost without a dime of deficit spending, and a strong bonus on top of the $10,000 annual income gains American households have already scored due to post-war trade opening.

This will be a landmark deal for Obama and his presidency, be-it successful. I think it will end his presidency on a very positive note for him. I take note that some if not all of the BRICS are involved in this deal. This is a very positive sign. What says ATS?

www.businessinsider.com...

Hmmm, secret deals, why are they secret if they will do so much good? Does our knowing what they do somehow negate what they do? This is just stupid, it's like the ACA, "have to sign it to see what's in it" and that's a hornet's nest of unconstitutional garbage.

All I know about the TPP is that it gives unprecedented power to corporations allowing them to sue governments for laws that impede the corporations from generating profit or market share. Since this IS the case, that means every time a government, like the US, is sued by corporations and if the US loses the case, guess who pays the fines? The US taxpayers!

Yehaw, don't that sound like a great deal!? You get to pay for something that, hmmm, you don't even get or you have to pay for again LOL.

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join