It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea officially denies any involvement in Sony Hack, wants joint investigation with US

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
I know nothing about the Internet other then signing on so maybe someone can answer my question, does this incident with Sony affect net neutrality in anyway? If so how?

Thank you in advanced.

The hack itself? No.

However, information released in the hack shows Sony trying to break the internet. There's a thread on that:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969
a reply to: TinfoilTP

What do you mean "Why?" ?

Your comments are more and more sounding like everything thats wrong with America. From the cops attitude to punish without evidence to Obama wanting to attack Russia without any tangible proof.

You cannot declare North Koreas guilt just because its leader has a prior tendancy to be a fruit cake.

Everyone DESERVES a fair trial and North korea have gone further than the US and offered an open investigation.

I am becoming more suspicious of your motives on many of ATS threads because you are frequently making comments that have pushed me to label you as not credible.

Does that label come with ribbons and a neat border, I am partial to mahogany. Make the lettering gold leaf if it's not too much trouble.

link   
a reply to: Greven

Thank you, I will give it a read.

link   
a reply to: thesaneone

It could do.

It may be used towards justifying that agenda.

But as the U.S. is a democratic country it will be difficult to pass such a bill.

They're not Russia or China... & I don't think the majority want to go down that route either.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Would you actually expect them to admit to it?

I thought Terrs alway ciaim responsibility for what they do?

If there was actual proof, US wouldn't be pussy footing around with Eww they have hackers too. Eww they ruined our movie.

Ewww ,US wants to finish ruining their country.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The US can't even release a movie, I doubt they are being truthful about anything NK does, either.

The movies a flop, get over it.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
In other news, critic Kim Jong Un rated Seth Rogan's new film, The Interview, and gave it "four thumbs down".

Back to regular programming.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
A flop? This movie is going to make a killing in whatever format or venue it's released. This is a publicity home run for Sony.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Bah, nonsense. My truth and reality isn't dictated by what others think or say including the FBI in all their wisdom.

Mine isn't either,but unless something is proven that it is about something other than the movie all you have is speculation, and speculation doesn't show proof.
You don't seem to be very discerning when you believe everything you're told by authority and the MSM. This is how religions operate. Believe what you're told and don't ask any questions or it's heresy. Ah but religions also require faith and belief in what one cannot see or prove. Now there's a conundrum. LOL

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
MAYBE its to have their VERY own BLACK propaganda machine.nypost.com...
It does fit the mold VERY well after all,considering the waste of time we have with these trumped up skin games anyway.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I don't understand your race angle? Why did you bring it up?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Maybe you dont need your own wee label, i think by just seeing your name and ur avatar everyone knows who you are and what you stand for. I hope you have more luck in the new year.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne

Sony Hacking Case Shockingly Linked To Obama Regime

Written by: Sorcha Faal

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Bah, nonsense. My truth and reality isn't dictated by what others think or say including the FBI in all their wisdom.

Mine isn't either,but unless something is proven that it is about something other than the movie all you have is speculation, and speculation doesn't show proof.

No but believing the official version until shown otherwise is akin to starting in a hole climbing through bull#. Best to start of highly skeptical because historically speaking it's a safe bet. Than go from there.... Que Bono? Who benefits? We'll see soon enough Id wager, more speculation of course.

Maybe, but I just don't see it.

I mean if the US wanted to frame NK, surely they would do it in a way that came across as much more sinister. I just don't think it's out of the realms of possibility that a rogue dictator could just snap over a stupid movie. I respect your skepticism though.

I think that's where we get a swing and a miss. This imo has nothing to do with NK, a scapegoat is a scapegoat, you know cannon fodder, a means to an end. This is about controlling the Internet. Here's a quote from Obama, read it carefully:

"We cannot have a society in which some dictator someplace can start imposing censorship here in the United States," he said. "Because if somebody is able to intimidate folks out of releasing a satirical movie, imagine what they start doing when they see a documentary that they don't like, or news reports that they don't like."

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I don't understand your race angle? Why did you bring it up?

It is simple.

The only ones benefiting are the race baiters. Al Sharpton gets to lord over anything Sony Pictures does from this point onwards. He sat with Obama 61 times and now gets called in by Sony to give thumbs up or down to everything they produce.

Who else is benefiting?
Kim? That movie is going to be the most popular black market download he cannot stop it from being seen.
The hackers? So far there is no information of them getting money from this.
Sony? They are losing money and name brand value over this.
The US? The US look like cavers who will give in to cyber bullying which invites more.

What is wrong with Sony simply firing all those racist execs, why does Al Sharpton have to be set up to reprobate them?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

So the Sony hack is all about race baiting?

Interesting perspective.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Did a quick search but didnt find anything.

OK so NK have officially come out and denied any involvement and whats more they are DEMANDING a joint investigation into it with the US.
They say they have proof they werent involved(?) and are sick of being slandered.
(Tin foil hat on firmly) I am somewhat inclined to believe them, I dont recall anything similar happening when Team America or the James Bond film about NK came out so I cant see them having an issue now.
I would imagine a megalomaniac who rumour says loves American pop culture would be somewhat pleased to to find himself the centre of a hollywood movie.

Check out the article
NK Denies Involvement in Sony Hack

what say you ATS?

Pretty sure the U.S. was behind this.

The behavior of Kim Jong Un doesn't fit with him disliking this film to the point of doing a cyber attack on Sony. The film supposedly shows him in empathetic light. This is same guy who is fan of NBA and shows all the signs of polished narcissism. You honestly think a film starring him and two of the most popular actors in comedic American movies would anger him to the point of wanting the film done away with? Doesn't fit.

Also, when Obama comes out stating that Sony should have stood their ground because he's such a big free expression supporter(you know, the same guy who hired a Ebola tsar to silence the media on the virus)...eyebrows should raise.

Also, to note. It is unlikely North Korea has the cyber infrastructure to carry out this sort of attack anyway.
edit on 20-12-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think it's time for diplomacy.

I think the finger pointing needs to cease.

I also think that if those two things are not addressed in a civil matter NK will actually retaliate and show just what they can actually do in a cyber realm.

maybe that's the plan.. didn't quite work with russia.. the bear is too sleepy, but the dragon is a furious foe.

You all need to smell the odor in the air, before you all asphyxiate on the fumes.

Merry freakin xmas.. for what it's worth anymore.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

No but believing the official version until shown otherwise is akin to starting in a hole climbing through bull#. Best to start of highly skeptical because historically speaking it's a safe bet. Than go from there.... Que Bono? Who benefits? We'll see soon enough Id wager, more speculation of course.

Maybe, but I just don't see it.

I mean if the US wanted to frame NK, surely they would do it in a way that came across as much more sinister. I just don't think it's out of the realms of possibility that a rogue dictator could just snap over a stupid movie. I respect your skepticism though.

I think that's where we get a swing and a miss. This imo has nothing to do with NK, a scapegoat is a scapegoat, you know cannon fodder, a means to an end. This is about controlling the Internet. Here's a quote from Obama, read it carefully:

"We cannot have a society in which some dictator someplace can start imposing censorship here in the United States," he said. "Because if somebody is able to intimidate folks out of releasing a satirical movie, imagine what they start doing when they see a documentary that they don't like, or news reports that they don't like."

Yes, I carefully reread the statement I don't see anything that indicates anything other than the US government taking this hack personally. I also watched it on the news when he first made the statement and to me Obama came across as being genuinely angry that Sony backed down so easily, which I personally think is kind of rare for Obama to show such genuine emotion when making political statements.

Obama also said, "we have proof" with a kind of smirk (hint hint), they have insiders! Which then fits perfectly with Kims statement of "well prove it then", lets have a joint inquiry, lol. In other words, "you better tell me who the rat is".

Just read between the lines people.

We all know the US government are notorious for creating 'false flags' in order to serve there own agenda. But that's not proof of it being out of the realms of possibility that a world leader like Kim Jung Un could be effected so dramatically by his personal ego and act in such petty and incompetent way.

Conspiracy theories aside, sometimes it just is what it is.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Idk about y'all but I REALLY want to go watch this movie now... all this fuss has me all hot and bothered

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join