It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea officially denies any involvement in Sony Hack, wants joint investigation with US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

Aside from my convoluted statements in my previous post in this thread, I would say that your assessment rings with more truth than the idea of NK making such a move, with such idiotic demands attached to the effort.

Well played.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

OPINION: Chalk it up to ... 'The Twilight Zone'.

( i.e. we'll never know without .... whistleblowers )

-
Some current ... 'For Examples':

FBI Confirms It Was North Korea!

Sony Hacking Case Shockingly Linked To Obama Regime

OPINION: The "Plot" Thickens:

North Korea offers US joint investigation of Sony cyberattack

( and the true-guilty MAY soon ... sweat ??? )

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
I am usually not a "false flag" guy, but something here STINKS.

There is ONE major player who would profit from this...and it's..you guess....SONY.

Give it a few weeks and you will see THE GOVERNMENT(S!) where we all know they're in bed with big corporates like SONY push for "internet reforms". Just wait and see.

So we will never be deprived of even the worst POS movies possible.

I can't believe the POTUS would involve himself in a controversy over a bunch of boner and a$$ jokes and the theft of the same kind of corporate secrets found in 'Hwood Insider'.

Will this be followed by a midnight vote in Congress on the 'SONY Freedom Support Act' to fund sanctions against NK?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Why not?
What do they have to lose?
If anything it might make the world take them a bit more seriously I would think

there entire infrastructure.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Are people really missing the significance of this? It has nothing to do with what movie was pulled. It has to do with the fact that a major company was brought to its knees through cyberterrorism. It wouldn't matter if the hackers demanded that the next Spider-Man movie not be shown. The significance would be the same. The commerce of the US was allowed to be affected by a rogue element.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic
I can't believe the POTUS would involve himself in a controversy over a bunch of boner and a$$ jokes

To be honest, I too can't believe the hype over this "hack", given that we're talking about a mediocre movie and a COMPANY.
Why on earth would the president and whatever "officials" give public statements because a COMPANY is hacked?

Hint: Hacks and security breaches happen ALL THE TIME. Banks, Target etc...etc...this not some "recent phenomenon". Of course there might be a big number of hacks where we never hear about where companies who got hacked don't even go public.

But SONY seems to be a different story. (Why is that?) Because SONY has incredible power and money and because America is basically run and controlled by such mega-corporates like SONY. SONY is a company so big, they can actually cause changes in laws SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY WANT IT SO. They can push for law changes simply because it profits them (say, Anti-piracy laws)....a prime example of our world which is *ruled* by corporates such as SONY, not so much by people or politicians even. MONEY here is what the driving factor is. And this is why this is such a big deal that even the president gives a speech on it. (Why do you think the gvt would care about some security breach at some corporate like it's the first time this ever happened? Isn't this proof WHERE the power in this nation really is?)

The twist with the movie and not showing the movie makes it SEEM as if it had become an issue "which affects us all" (rather than an issue which only bothers execs and company CEOs). Now, the average Joe on the street is outraged about that they cannot see a movie...and of course is outraged because their freedom is violated.

And only with the support of those outraged people, SONY (and the gvt!) can hope they will also get support for changes to the internet and privacy.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Maybe the US is just determined to blame a war on a movie and the last time they tried it didn't work so they are trying again but this time they are using a Hollywood movie instead of some crappie BS movie that they used for the bengazi attacks.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The vast majority of the population, including those here, are oblivious to the connections between Hollywood and Washington.

The current President of the Motion Picture Association of America is none other than former Connecticut Senator Christopher 'Sandy Hook' Dodd.

You bet Obama's concerned about hacking in the motion picture/propaganda industry.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Theres a Chris Rock sketch that comes to mind in this case;

"I heard you got robbed."

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Let's ignore Sony as a whole for now and just focus on the subsidiary Sony Pictures Entertainment. As a company they still make a lot of money. Now I don't think it needs to be said but they make their money off of movies. Christmas weekend is one of the biggest weekends for people to go see movies. Sony was banking on The Interview for those profits. By pulling it they are significantly hurting their profits for the year. In other words a large US company is taking a massive hit to their profits due to hackers potentially from an enemy government. How does that not warrant consideration from the President? This isn't the same thing as a group of hackers stealing credit card numbers to use for their own benefit. This is possibly an enemy of the United States using cyberattacks to affect our economy.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaDe_

I have thought from the beginning that it wasn't N. Korea. It isn't their MO. If they had done it they would have been parading around how they slapped the west in the face. There would have been photos of Kim in the room while the hack was taking place pointing at stuff and looking like he is leading. They would have announced their involvement like they have done with everything else so the world would know they have the capability to pull something like this off.

My opinion is whoever pulled the Sony hack off has bigger fish to fry with Sony than this movie.

Not much more for me to say when you said it all.
Good job - great thinking.

Now - who do YOU think it was?

Me? USA all the way.

peace

edit on 20-12-2014 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Psynic

Are people really missing the significance of this? It has nothing to do with what movie was pulled. It has to do with the fact that a major company was brought to its knees through cyberterrorism. It wouldn't matter if the hackers demanded that the next Spider-Man movie not be shown. The significance would be the same. The commerce of the US was allowed to be affected by a rogue element.

No one's missing the face value of this event; few understand the significance.

You really don't need to pronounce the ostensible.

link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

OPINION: Chalk it up to ... 'The Twilight Zone'.

( i.e. we'll never know without .... whistleblowers )

-
Some current ... 'For Examples':

FBI Confirms It Was North Korea!

Sony Hacking Case Shockingly Linked To Obama Regime

Linking Sorcha Faal is beyond bad taste.
Really?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It was comedy central and ats that pulld this off while working for obama's nsa

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Really?

They hate the USA yet they want a joint inquiry?

Maybe for once it was that fat little turd.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Just think about how egotistic your average sheltered silver spoon is. Then it shouldn't be that difficult to imagine how totally over blown the ego of a person like kim would be, of course he'd be furious over a movie that portrays his assassination.

The fact that his denying it now really means nothing either. His probably just now got cold feet and is starting to realize he went to far.

I totally agree with you.

Kim was raised to believe his father was a literal God and he was the son of God, who is now a God since his father died. He and his father demand(ed) worship. He was raised to believe he is good looking, wonderful and can do no wrong and the sycophants around him have quickly learned they better agree or literally lose their life.

He is the ultimate narcissist.
He would actually be flattered by a movie that showed him as an evil villain worthy of being an opponent of Bond, that is very ego stroking.

I actually do think he was behind it as the last straw for his ego. SNL has jabbed him enough and so has a lot of other US cultural that this movie may have been the last straw for his fragile ego.

He is a worshiper of US entertainment, as evidenced by his glee with getting the ridiculous Rodman to be his pal.

I think he is backing down because the world is now portraying him as someone who is not a true leader. A real, strong leader expects satire and while it may hurt their feelings, they know it will happen and do not lash out, just let it go
publicly.

He is probably also taking a lot of heat from other countries for using cyber war fare and exposing cyber war fare techniques over a stupid movie that probably would have disappeared from view quite quickly and be forgotten. He used techniques he probably got from the Chinese and exposed them over a movie, for gosh sake, how mad would that make the Chinese.

The denouncement is a matter of trying to save face. I don't believe a word of it.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
For the US agencies to be directly implicating North Korea, they must have solid evidence. In the face of this denial, the agencies should without delay make all of that evidence public. Let the court of world public opinion decide.

Speculation... North Korea often works covertly with Chinese hackers (the Chinese hate the Japanese, especially the elite) or other foreign hackers against the USA, It's allies and corporate interests. Hacking and making threats by proxies leaves open the ability to deny direct involvement, and provides plausible deniability.

It's simple, if we have the proof that North Korea did it then prove it to the public and world now, even if it also implicates other countries.

Put up, or shut up, and let the North Korean regime also claim a major propaganda victory.

Terrorism wins!

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Sees himself as a god but they make a movie about him being killed. Laughing at him.

Nah.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Or, the truth is a lot stranger than fiction here. I've always wondered about Dennis Rodmans role with NK and whether or not he was contacted by the CIA to start building a relationship with Little Kim for nephareous reasons.
Just a theory folks.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What if it is all fabricated to fool you into a distraction of fear

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join